[Jul 2] Stuck on Tavern Doors or Playful Sprites on iOS/Android

Fixed just before the pre-order ends. I thought that I’d pay for it but after this I think I’ll pass. Have to send my message with my wallet if they really think this kind of treatment is fine.

2 Likes

Seems the tavern doors are finally open!

So will we hear any official word from support on this fix and about any offer of compensation for a mobile client that was broken for almost a month? I realize that the issue may have been in the unity platform, but we count on Blizzard to make things right when things go wrong.

3 Likes

I’m back in too. Not sure if i ‘really’ want to buy the expansion and get back into it though… Without some sort of compensation, it kinda feels like swallowing your self respect, and taking back a no-good ex who treated you badly, just because they call. Sad. Makes me feel dirty…

2 Likes

Hey all,

Thanks for the updates with the tavern doors issue. We definitely appreciate your immense patience while we worked on this issue over the past month. For a little backstory on why this was taking so long, there was a limitation with the engine that we needed to work around, which was no small feat. Because of the way huge client modifications like this work, we often need to wait some amount of time for major patches to the app so that we can get authorization to put them on the app stores. We all wish we could have gotten this done sooner, and there was a lot of back and forth going on behind the scenes while you all reported this. Thanks to all of your reports, we were able to resolve the problem.

In any event, we’re glad you are able to get in now. If people are still getting the problem at this point, try reinstalling the game and see if you can get in. If not, let us know.

We still lost a ton of resources and progress, at least some compensation could be given to those affected by these bugs.

While I can understand and respect that desire, that’s not a call we make in Customer Support. If any compensation is provided, it’d be provided to everybody and that’s a developer level decision. Feedback like that is better suited for the community discussion forums rather than Tech Support.

Blizzard does special packs all the time “play a game on a tablet” “play a game on a samsung galaxy” “play a game on an iphone”. Seems like the compensation should be for the affected devices only.

Here are the steps to fix it for t mobile, if you check you specific apn file for your phone you will know the link to replace tmobile data network with

APN & data settings

To set the Access Point Name (APN) and turn on data settings, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings Connections Mobile networks Access Point Names .
  3. If available, tap the T-Mobile US LTE (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap ADD .
  4. To reset your APN settings, tap Menu (3 dots) Reset to default .
  5. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
  • Name: T-Mobile US LTE
  • APN : fast. t-mobile .com(remove the spaces had to add because links arent allowed)
  • Proxy: Not set
  • Port: Not set
  • Username: Not set
  • Password: Not set
  • Server: Not set
  • MMSC: http: //mms .msg. eng.t-mobile .com/mms/wapenc(remove the spaces had to add because links arent allowed)
  • MMS proxy: Not set
  • MMS port: Not set
  • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication type: Not set
  • APN type: default,supl,mms
  • APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Enable/disable APN: greyed out unless there are multiple APN’s
  • Bearer: Unspecified
  1. Tap Menu (3 dots) Save .
  2. Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.

Basically a lot of networks APN protocol was changed and it doesn’t sync with hearthstone properly. This is how you fix it. Note this is a T Mobile Galaxy s9, if you have different network , the Name, APN, and MMSC will be different. Look at your existing APN for the replacement information

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.