I've never had so much gold for a new set!

Edit: gold*

I’ve been playing since right after the game launched but I’ve never had so much gold (8500) before.

Funny thing is, I used to play a LOT and I used to max out gold from daily wins often but now I’m super casual (but end up at r4 every month).

6 Likes

To what do you attribute your newfound Hearthstone wealth?

1 Like

This is also the most gold I’ve saved up for an expansion, around 9.3k. And that’s with me spending 1k gold on mostly Rastakhan packs in August.

Before Uldum I had around 8.5k.

Well, gold is best used for playing arena right? Thats what I did with it and I currently have 8750 dust and 1500 gold. That’s almost 6 legendary cards :slight_smile:
Playing Arena is how I gather all my cards. I never buy packs at the start of an expansion.

How much dust do you have?

How much gold is 4 months worth without capping 100g on wins but doing every quest?

As soon as Dragons goes live, I’m going to start saving for the next expansion for April 2020. It should easily be 10k right?

1 Like

I usually get around 4k gold between xpacs.

What is gold cap? Anyone knows?

I (rank 20-15 every month) have the same experience as the OP the reason: while I did not play much ladder, I played a lot of battleground. And for someone being ultra casual, this makes a great difference. Keep in mind, I am not good at battleground either.

2 Likes

Currently, as things are now with the new way quests are done, the answer to your question is 7,320.

That is 122 days times 60 gold per day = 7,320

But, in the course of completing the daily quest it is likely you will complete 3 wins at least every other day. So it will be more like. 122 days divided by 2 times 10 plus 7320 = 7930.

And that is the bare minimum. That does not include any events or any extra play(wins).

Edit: I currently have 10,650 gold saved up. But that is with additional wins, event gold, plus the rare 100 gold quests and the occasional 80g friend quest that I do not trade but give freely to people on my friends list. There has never been a day, in the last nearly 6 years, where I did not log in and complete my daily quest.

1 Like

Well that sounds about right. I’m sitting at 1.9k now after a months (roughly) play. There might be the odd Legendary quest with extra gold along the way too.

If I went into an expansion with just 1,900 gold I would quit the game. You are basically free wins to free to play players like me, who are prepared, and to people who fork out the cash.

Your situation is untenable, at least for me. There is no way I could tolerate such a position. I will never be fodder for those who are more privileged than I.

2 Likes

Your immediate posting style has complete 180’d from the last. Why did you suddenly become condescending and degrading?

I would’ve had more gold if I didn’t spend any of it. Why do you think I’m asking the question of how much gold you can get in 4 months in the first place? Maybe because I plan to save it this time?

How do you know I haven’t paid for anything in cash? I probably have more DoD cards than you at this point and it’s not even released yet.

Please, don’t insult me. You have over a thousand posts. You have a thicker skin than that.

1 Like

Are you going to answer my question? Why the complete flip? I could have a million posts but I’m still a human behind a screen.

Because you skipped answering it, I’m posting it again. You went from helpful to complete prick in the space of a few minutes and I want to know why. It’s illogical and not medically sound is my first guess but I’m giving you a chance to explain.

Why did you suddenly become condescending and degrading?

I didn’t, you are just playing the helpless victim right now. I told you how I do things, you took offense at it. That is a you problem, not a me problem. You ought to deal with that, it is going to affect your life.

The moment you began playing the victim it was over. I do not suffer fools.

1 Like

Cool story but… why did you suddenly become condescending and degrading?

A troll huh? I’m not the one refusing to answer a simple question. No one’s personality should swing that hard in the space of a few minutes. Why did you bother giving me helpful numbers in the first place?

So… why did you go from helpful to suddenly becoming condescending and degrading?

Alright, one more time, just in case you missed it, on the off chance, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I told you, I did not change anything about me, not even in the slightest. I merely told you what I would do if I was you. And you took offense at it. That is a you problem, not a me problem.

That said, this will be my last response to you. I cannot justify any further correspondence with you. At this point, it is like trying to converse with rodent.

Further, you should be grateful to me I responded to you at all. Seeing that I owe you nothing, I owe you no explanation as to my actions. Nothing.

I was gracious enough to bless you with my wisdom and experience.

1 Like