It’s confirmed they are not taking away cards crafted

Finally someone with a sense of good will to their fellow man. The game is too expensive anyways we should be thankful anytime somebody gets a hookup.

Also Fubar gave the perfect analysis. Its just petty to hate on the small amount of people to have a positive outcome. I do agree that everyone else should get some free dust though.

2 Likes

Well they are taking away 10,000 dust worth of decks from me in the upcoming patch, it’s more to the point that I know for the next 3 months my best wild deck is a tier 4 deck that is missing a bunch of epics and I don’t feel like the want to spend the dust to remedy that, I also don’t own any meta’d standard decks, not even t4. I can say for a fact that on my climbs to diamond 5 in the past at least in wild I saw a fair amount of decks that weren’t T1 (even if pirate warrior has virtually been 40% of my matchups for months). With 10k dust I could make a deck a lot better than a pirate warrior, idk about others but that means the top end will become a bit tricky.

So I started ranking up in the classic, I’m 7-0 so far with shockadin paladin and expect probably 90% winrate all the way to diamond 5, it is the best way to remove this advantage from people, because I have actual T1/2/3 finished decks in classic and they can never with any amount of dust build something better than I could because classic is very cheap and doesn’t cycle so I recommend people either swap to classic or accept that decks are going to beat on them for a while.

1 Like

Not sure anyone’s against the people who used their dust unknowingly. It’s about Blizz doing right by everyone…

This is trying to make vice look like a virtue.

Leaving something that is yours in a place it doesn’t belong is wrong. If I go to your house and I leave an item there — whether it’s a pen or the Mona Lisa — without getting your agreement to care for it, then I essentially relinquish ownership. I have no legal obligation to be the keeper of other people’s property when they fail to properly keep after it themselves.

No, if you lose your wallet it isn’t your wallet anymore. You had a responsibility to take care of it; you failed.

Every single time the person uses the “I gave something to someone but it was a mistake and if you don’t give it back it’s theft” argument, they are always, without exception, defending someone who is behaving irresponsibly, and shifting that responsibility onto people who aren’t and shouldn’t be responsible.

Of course your morals and principles slide. They slide towards your bias. I didn’t spend my dust either, and I agree that was the best thing to do. But it borders on crazy to act like random Hearthstone players are responsible for fixing this horrendous error on Blizzard’s part. No one, outside of Blizzard staff, was under any obligation to return Dust, and no one ever will be.

Selwynn was wrong earlier. This is why the USA is doomed.

If Bob gets something for no good reason, that is not a reason to either grant you reparations or to steal his wealth. Equity is a false idol.

The one thing I will grant the white knights here is this: if you weren’t owed any Dust before, you aren’t owed any Dust now (unless Blizz took away more than they left). Again, it’s like lost property; it might not be your responsibility to take care of someone else’s lost wallet, but if they return to where they dropped it and pick it up, they’re not stealing from you, either.

Do not be jealous of other players because they got something you didn’t. Or if you can’t help but feel a little jealous, be an adult for once and refrain from acting on those feelings.

6 Likes

Like I said giving everyone else a free dust stipend is the most right thing to do. However if that doesn’t happen I would never float the notion of taking back the cards that were crafted because other players are jealous that they weren’t able to take advantage.

Blizzard doesn’t owe Dust to people who didn’t take advantage…

…but if I was Blizzard, I’d give every player Dust equal to what they didn’t spend during the glitch. Note that this is not giving everyone free Dust — if you already took advantage, you’re done.

Although do we even trust Blizzard to roll out such a process anymore?

Well there have allways be a lack of resources in the game, and thats another problem. But about the free dust, I think the same for wild and standard. Those who alraedy were competitive wont get more competitive stuff, those who played random decks will play more random decks and those who actually got a better deck wont be as notice because of how the rank system works.

So I truly think that nothing of this will affect the meta in any mode. It seems that you will get affected, but not because of the free dust it will be because of the nerfs.

It kind of easier on an entry level point to play wild, but I do believe when having near completion of cards is needed to have the strongest deck you possibly can then there are a lot of decks like shudderwock shaman that are slightly too good, but it never mattered because so few people had the full deck. When you nerf celestial alignment to 8 mana, then you delete APM/ignite mage, nerf questline warrior and people go back to traditional aggro decks that lose strength at turn 5/6, then you’ve opened the floodgates up to all of the old reno decks that have 15 legendaries and I believe that was blizzards intention slightly with this patch. Not that I am completely against it because the questline decks were terrible, but OTK mage decks were very necessary to keep wallet decks in check.

I did a quick scroll through hsreplay to see which decks still exist that I could afford, you’re basically left with things like aggro druid, cute warlock etc then you open the floodgates to make defile or other board clears insanely too much too strong but again warlock requires like 15 legendaries to be optimal.

1 Like

HS has always been a game where you slowly build a collection (as f2p) and you make decks based on what you have.
The crafting system is there to help us getting the missing pieces, rather than building entire decks from 0.

If you can’t afford reno lock, chances are you aren’t ready for it.
If you are a new player (less than 2 years) I suggest you to play standard; when you have enough wild cards (previously in standard), then it can make sense to go to wild to use them.

I don’t think this is the case: the deck is not as good as you think, that’s why it’s not meta. As you said, renolock has a lot of legendary cards, but this doesn’t stop it from being popular when it’s good in the meta

OTK on turn 5 should have been fixed months ago, no one likes to play against one of those because they aren’t counterable by anything but their own luck of the draw

Bob can hypothetically have an advantage over Fred with the dust they spent that Fred didn’t. You’re leaving that part out. No players should be given special treatment, especially on this scale. It’s a significant issue.

Should Freds be given dust relative to the free dust Bobs spent? That’s a value judgment. I think it’s a smart idea to appease the masses, though. The better idea would be to remove cards purchased using this fraudulent dust. I don’t know how feasible that is. And I believe it’s been stated they refuse to do this.

(I admittedly stated prior that I believed all Freds should be given dust. I see that’s logically untenable. Hence why I now believe what I state above.)

Thanks @ScotieMcB for pointing out the illogic behind the belief that all Freds are owed dust. I hadn’t looked at it that way.

… If you can identify that you are not the owner, as in the case of a wallet that most likely has ID, it is 100% theft to take anything from said wallet.

Your lost property analogy fails even further when you consider that this dust deposit is more like a bank error. You can rest assured that the bank will take back every penny it is owed and prosecute anyone who uses their funds without permission.

The point is that this country is doomed because people have to be coerced into to the correct action. They won’t take said actions solely on the merits of the act. You instead get people doing things they know are wrong and replying with some form of “well, there’s no controlling legal authority” or “there’s no law against it” to justify bad action. It’s rampant and it is the end of civil society.

This is like saying it’s someone’s fault they were too dumb to take all the money out of the wallet before they returned it the owner, because that’s what people did.

I have a friend who made copies of Gnolls, knowing the nerfs were incoming, specifically to hide the dust. But yes, everyone is innocent here… not.

Pointing out that people who did the right thing lost out isn’t jealousy.

2 Likes

T5 seems to keep shooting itself in the foot. I don’t know for how much longer this kinda nonsense can go on before we start seeing a change in team members. I’m normally very against the idea of killing someone’s livelihood over at T5, but man, this can’t continue this way. I’m really losing any faith (which was limited to begin with) in T5. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing for 5-6 years and I’ve hit legend several times, I could every time, but it is a lot of games you need to play, like 100 in a month or something.

It seems to be pretty meta in high legend, I’ve seen a fair share of legend decks with 75% winrates being posted. I’m already experiencing that people have much stronger decks, just from my sample size of about 20 games in the past few days, I want to play some decks before they get deleted in the next patch.

They are plenty counterable, people just choose not to and if you apply pressure on these decks they don’t usually win until turn 7. You don’t even necessarily lose any strength in your deck by adding certain cards to counter these types of decks.

Yeah…that’s pretty minor. What is it like a hundred bucks or maybe two? Chump change.

since i usually get a bit over 1000 dust every time i get 50 packs at the beginning of an expansion that means 10000 must be close to 500$

I believe $1 is equal to 100 dust, give or take a little. The average amount of dust in a pack is 100.

Lets be real about this. They aren’t going to do anything else about this so we just move on. It is what it is.

Outside of the players who got taxed, I agree. Them calling those players pretty much morons who dont remember is not helping them, I lost 25 dust, I know this for a fact. Its all I had before the mixup, and I didnt even login from when the dust was “awarded” and when the issue was resolved. Sitting at 0 dust now, with others reporting MUCH larger losses.

1 Like

you get a good bit more than 1000 dust with 50 packs, im thinking 2500 to 3k

Why are you more concerned with hurting the players who used the dust instead of pushing for blizzard to return dust to the players that had it taken from them?