It’s confirmed they are not taking away cards crafted

Those of us that didn’t spend the gold are now at a disadvantage in value. We all should be given 1,000 gold to compensate, at the least.

2 Likes

No, I quite literally knew it was more dust than I was entitled to because I know my collection. There was zero way I had gotten that many copies of uncraftable cards based on my purchase history and played game modes. Zero.

Stealing is wrong. What is controversial about that stance?

If you know something doesn’t belong to you and you intentionally make it unavailable to the rightful owner that is the textbook definition of theft.

Theft is theft.

It has no real value and people still stole it. Wanna guess how those same people will behave every time they think they can get away with it? Exactly the same.

“Those guys are not nice so it is okay to steal, it’s not really that big of a value, and it doesn’t hurt anyone”

That’s not how I roll. I am in charge of me, and the behavior of others doesn’t excuse my choices.

You’re free to live your life by different rules, for sure. Just don’t act like the erosion of integrity does not lead directly into the fall of a civil society.

The thing is that people don’t lose their moral grounding all at once. It’s a bunch of small steps and before they know it they are adrift in a current much stronger and deeper than they realized. It’s an age old story.

I can both agree with your statement and disagree that it is related to this thread. Their actions don’t justify one’s own moral failure.

4 Likes

Aye. It doesn’t logically follow that because Blizzard is complicit in injustice that therefore one is excused of commiting injustice.

1 Like

So basically, the way I see it, Blizzard made a mistake but the way they correct it many players end with nothing and the others get to keep all the cards spent with the “illegal” dust…

Good job Blizz. That is what I call justice and fairplay.

I will know better next time and exploit all I can since you are an unfair and untrustworthy company.

Thanks for nothing.

1 Like

There’s no way they can let them keep cards, if so, we gotta go…

3 Likes

Can I give triple hearts for this comment? I want to party with you. My sentiments exactamundo. If crafted cards bought with ill gotten dust are not rescinded tomorrow or the next day, my failed marriage to Blizzard/Activision/ Microsoft has come to a screeching halt. Hello Bethesda…

1 Like

Glad I spent my 9k lol

2 Likes

Wonder if you’ll be loling tomorrow

Meh I ain’t worried about it mate ….

4 Likes

IMO, players shouldn’t be given free cards for abusing a glitch. All cards crafted with this false dust should be removed from players’ accounts. Unless, that is, T5 wants to compensate the other side of the playerbase that didn’t utilize this exploit – which won’t happen. So, back to the former statement.

6 Likes

Well… A lot of people thought that it was legit. Actually I thought that, so we didn’t spend the dust with bad intentions. For a lot of people it was an innocent, naive reaction. No one went out of their way to “abuse” a glitch, it was there and seemed like something normal, so we used it.

And why is people asking for something good to be taken from others. We would also fell bad if they take back our cards or dust, even if it is reasonable for a busines perspective.

It would be cool if everybody gets it, but at least they went half way and did not punish those who spend the dust. That would have been an actual bad move from their part. And those who didnt got to spend it, really wont be affected in any way either.

3 Likes

Isn’t that funny to see how Blizzard moved themselves into a lose/lose condition having good intentions originally?

The idea itself was quite good on paper, but how the f was it possible to write such an ugly script/code to make it a mess out of nothing?

2 Likes

Well chances are you’ll make a better deck or decks with your deeper dust pool, I’m going full classic until legendaries from the last two sets get power crept probably, no reason to give myself a handicap and I expect wild will get a fair bit more challenging and if I was like new and didn’t have classic cards and also I didn’t exploit it I’d probably just quit. I don’t want to see the game die like this, but I suspect many will quit.

And then there people that not even got dust.

1 Like

The funny part is that even after they reverted it back we still have duplicates of cards that we cannot dust. It’s just one giant fiasco.

4 Likes

I get your point, people might used it to craft beeter decks or to refine what they already have. And so the win rate and rank of you and others who didnt got to use the dust might go down.

But I think it wont be as bad as people think , if true at all. For 2 reasons:

One, because of MMR and the Rank system. The fact that others have a better win rate, doesnt necesarely means that yours will go down and that everybody will go down in rank. If they win more, they go higher in rank and MMR, getting out of your reach, while you will stay competing with people of your same level.

And second

Well, at least I didnt, I actually crafted worst decks with it, I crafted my guilty plesure legendaries that were never a priority. And a lot of people might be in the same train, most people already have what they think is good. So the free dust no necesarely will end in better decks, but in diferent ones even in worst ones. It might promote a more diverse meta and actually make it easier for you.

1 Like

Three groups of people. Group 1 chose to spend their dust. Group 2 chose not to. Group 3 had the choice made for them.

Group 1 made a choice that ended up having a positive outcome for them.
Group 2 made a choice that ended up having neither a positive or negative outcome for them.
Group 3 was then made aware that they simply missed their chance to make a choice.

Group 2 is upset that a different choice ended up having a different result.
Group 3 is upset that they didn’t have a chance to make the same choice as Group 1.

Group 2 believes the final result isn’t fair. Had they known making the other choice would result in a positive outcome, they would have also made that choice. Group 2 wants to make that choice. If they can’t, then they want Group 1 to be forced into making the same same choice they did.

Group 3 doesn’t like that the choice of Group 1 didn’t lead to a positive outcome for Group 3 and therefore agrees with Group 2.

Blizzard should 100% give people free dust (or something) from this. It’s clearly been a big inconvenience and honestly, that should be reason enough. The outcome was indeed not fair for everyone.

If they don’t though, I feel sorry for the people demanding Blizzard removes the cards people crafted. A small amount of people got a minor gift and instead being happy for them you can only think of yourself, or worse, be angry at them for choosing to use it.

3 Likes

I won’t be angry for them for using it. I’m actually okay with that. I’m more upset at blizzard for not helping other feel better about not using the dust. There should be something done by them. This situation does not feel fair at all.

2 Likes

Minor? Some people got 10’s of thousands of dust and used it…

Why do you favor Blizzard over the community? Blizzard is rich, why should it be your concern if some players got lucky and managed to get some free cards? You should feel happy for them that they were fortunate enough. Even if I didn’t get anything I’d be happy to hear my community got some charity. Its not like anybody got more than 16k dust, I’d understand if it was a true exploit but it seems spiteful to think people should lose anything.

3 Likes