It’s confirmed they are not taking away cards crafted

“Oh, I see. Correct, we’re not gonna take back the cards you crafted.”

-Nicholas “DeckTeck” Weiss on Twitter just announced

High five to those spent all dust on time!

13 Likes

I have all the standard cards and I should have back crafted some Wild cards. Man, would it have killed them to let players keep the dust? How is that game breaking? Where is the good faith from the devs to the consumer?

That’s ok, I’m spending less going forward. What goes around, comes around. I see how it is Blizzard.

10 Likes

Honestly, they should just give everyone a lot of dust, easy solve.

9 Likes

Congrats to everyone that was able to spend it quicker. I wish I did.

8 Likes

If they are letting the people who spent the dust keep the dust, they should let the players who didn’t spend the dust keep the dust

28 Likes

They should but I guarantee they won’t unless there is a ridiculous amount of backlash.

1 Like

I Have 12k dust on my account so If I would have used the 7600 dust they gave me, it would have come off my current balance on the roll back.

2 Likes

Yea, anyone who already had a lot of dust saved up, whether they spent the extra dust or not, didn’t lose or gain anything from this mistake.

I imagine a lot of F2P players who are fairly active are routinely starved for dust though. Any of those people who didn’t spend the extra dust right away kind of get screwed, which sucks.

I do hope they throw out some free dust to smooth things over though, even if only to the people who didn’t spend it.

4 Likes

Who is this deck tech fellow?

Everyone keeps all cards crafted with surplus dust, but no one keeps surplus dust to craft cards << makes no sense practically, logically, or for player morale/PR.

Unspent dust has identical value as cards. Leaving one type of value in some players’ accounts while removing the identical value from others is indefensibly arbitrary.

I crafted extra legendaries, so I’m in the lucky group. But I feel much worse about Hearthstone because of their disparity. I could be unlucky next time Blizzard “fixes” a mistake without treating identical in-game values equally.

9 Likes

i was online when the dust was given, i had to reload because the game i was in froze…again. when i relogged got the dust. i immediately went to the forum to see what was going on. i found a recent thread that said it was reward for alterac valley promo. i thought it was weird, but figured if blizzard was going to give away free dust they wouldn’t announce it because of how hard players would farm for it. so i figured they were rewarding people who played alot incognito. which i thought was pretty cool. so i spent what i thought was my reward, and came back to the forums later and found it was a mistake. now people who spent it are being alluded to as cheaters and thieves. not sure what i could’ve done differently. but i can’t be punished cuz i was going to craft those cards at rotation anyway, because i don’t play wild or duels, so i dust cards that rotate.

8 Likes

It’s nothing new for Blizzard to be stingy about free dust.
This isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this and it surely won’t be the last…

Don’t beat yourself up. You didn’t do anything wrong. Anyone calling out or accusing other players for spending the dust are seemingly just salty that they either didn’t spend it, or have a chance in the first place. Blizzard should reward those with dust if they had it taken away. Those that are behaving in a sanctimonious manner should get off the soap box. We’re all here as a community and a family. And, comparing this dust windfall to money showing up in a bank account needs to learn a little about equivalency.

7 Likes

Never mind all the people that publicly announced their intent to spend the 2x dust asap to avoid blizzard taking it back.

I knew immediately that there was more dust given than I was entitled to and I did not touch the dust because I assumed blizzard would claw it back.

I did the right thing and got hosed because they took back more dust than they gave to me.

The only people penalized are the people who did the right thing, and that sucks.

2 Likes

Well it shouldn’t have happened in the first place. There is no right thing, or wrong thing. Many players likely saw the dust as a reward, and used it. Just like some have said. They aren’t criminals. And it’s Hearthstone dust not 80 karat diamonds .Not the biggest deal in the world. Blizzard should do the right thing and make sure everyone is on even keel. If they don’t, you only have them to blame. My opinion obviously.

1 Like

Agreed.

100% No. Taking something that isn’t yours is wrong.

Maybe your morals and principles slide, mine do not.

The value of the something is not the issue, the theft is the point. Steal a pen, steal the mona lisa it is all theft.

If they don’t do something, it sends a mixed message. Players get penalized or even banned for exploiting glitches like this in games so you learn to be cautious.

4 Likes

My morals and right where they need to be. I agree that theft is theft.
If you’ve missed my point, I’ll reiterate again.
The player that doesn’t check forums or Reddit …lots in and gets dust and thinks…wow ok they must be doing a giveaway…uses the dust innocently, and then gets penalized? Not everyone has the wherewithal to think that it may be a glitch. They should but they don’t.
Let’s cut them some slack and act as a community. I think it’s best for us all!

4 Likes

Sweet.

20/characters

There’s truth in you saying that some people didn’t spend their un-earned dust because they may have been waiting for the next rotation or whatever but then go completely off the rails implying that people who get to keep crafted cards made from un-earned dust harms no one. It harms everyone. Unless you’ve given up all hope in morality and humanity, especially in the context of this game. They don’t make this right, there should be a mass exodus…

2 Likes