iPad Pro Optimization

That’s sad, game on my newest iPad Pro looks like on 2012 iPad. In 2 weeks comes iPadOs, all apps are doing really well, but blizzard of course have no idea what to do. I’m so disappointed

5 Likes

iPad Pro 11 inch
Hearthstone App new installed
Still black frames around, because wrong resolution

On the iPad Pro 10.5 everything was fine
proposals?

12,9” has a black frames too and also is not working as expected

new info?
Maybe you should post the code on Reddit and see what they can do.YOU GUYS SUCK!
Shame on you! You shouldn‘t get to paid!

3 Likes

WOW! It’s almost time for new iPad Pros (10th of September) and Hearthstone is still not updated for new resolutions. Isn’t this sad? :pensive:

6 Likes

Where is the fix Blizzard? You have the worse customer service in the industry and keep raising this bar every day by not addressing this embarrassing issue. And don’t send a freaking intern here with the usual BS, just give us the damn fix already. Bunch of lazy mofos.

5 Likes

The same situation was with iPhone X. I’m glad a switched from 7 plus to X Max when the problem was fixed (almost a year).

Blizzard - our patience has run out with this. This is 2019 and not 2010 (first iPad).

FIX THIS

5 Likes

Here’s a preview of the next blue post, to save you all the hype and anticipation!

“Hi guys! Sorry its been a while. We’re aware of the issue (well I am, I just haven’t told the dev’s yet!) and that its affecting players but its a complex problem! Its taking time! Because its complex and…time! Issues huh! Gosh. Thanks for being awesome patient with us while we fight apple to keep this jank in the apple store and keep buying heaps of packs…and bundles. And bundles of packs and wooo. No ETA on a fix as yet because we haven’t decided whether its worth fixing but in roughly, ok exactly (whatever) 2 months ill post almost the same thing again when it pops up in my calendar ‘Appease-post for ipad issues due today’. We know this is affecting you all, its just not really affecting us. I’m Off to rank-up on my grandma’s perfectly functional full screeeen ipad mini (its smaller than my phone!) Ciao!

Anon bliz employee xo

9 Likes

Expacs make Blizzard money, so of course they’re top priority. But when long standing bugs are never fixed and features (I still remember you, Tournament mode) are never implemented as a result, the user’s experience gets more frustrating and less compelling every year.

It’s not Team 5’s fault necessarily. Just a sad reality of Blizzard. Blizzard should invest in the long term growth and health of their products.

A bug of this type existing for this long shows severe dysfunction IMHO. Either the codebase is so tangled that this truly is a hard issue to fix, or Blizzard has no software engineering staff working on anything except expacs. Both are frightening.

5 Likes

yep, another update today, still not fixed, instead they’re telling us to preorder new bundle in the update notes. is that even legal? it’s just disgusting.
It’s so frustrating that this problem exist so long… and they don’t even care.
Can we bring this to some journalist who can write an article about how bizarre they ignore this bug and faking to care by sending some random no body to tell us literary nothing useful?

3 Likes

The app updated on my ipad pro today, and I was amazed to see that the borders were gone. I opened the game a few hours later and the borders are back.

As a sanity check on myself, I uninstalled the app and installed it again. Upon opening, the borders are gone and the full screen is used. I waited for the in-game update to complete, closed and restarted the app, and the borders are back.

What the hell man. Are you just toying with us on this now? How do you fix and re-break an issue in the same update?

7 Likes

Can we please get a time frame on the full screen support so I know whether or not to buy the expansion?

Another update today and this is getting beyond ridiculous…

5 Likes

And yet another update and no support. Completely ridiculous.

5 Likes

I’m with you, been waiting for this to be fixed before I dive back in the game…

1 Like

Apparently Blizzard can’t even be bothered to have a community manager give us an update to just kick the can down the road anymore. I’ve spent loads of money on this game and playing it on my preferred device irritates me whenever I open it. This is gross. Do something, or at least say something substantive.

4 Likes

Hey all,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that the Hearthstone team has definitely not forgotten about this issue, and it is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

I’m afraid we can’t really share any details as to when that patch will release, or details about why the issue has taken this long to be resolved. It was not a quick fix like many had hoped, but it looks promising that we will see an end to the issue relatively soon.

7 Likes

Appreciate the slightly more hopeful response here. At least we know now it IS going to be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I am eagerly awaiting the patch.

1 Like

15.2.34104 patch just shipped today and this is still broken. It’s been almost a year…