iPad Pro Optimization

I can’t believe this either… How can you revert a fix for so long… how hard can it be to fix it???

3 Likes

What’s really crazy about this is that this shouldn’t be a hard fix. Should be a single line of code. How does changing the resolution (or at least applying a scaling) cause crashes? Out of memory error?

I also wish the game ran at a reasonable frame rate on iPad. 30 Hz or lower is insane for the graphical fidelity they currently have.

I also bought my iPad Pro with one of the express intents of playing Hearthstone. Nearly a year later and it’s still broken.

6 Likes

Hey man, just FYI did you know you can increase the FPS cap on ipad? im on an ipad pro and got it running at 60.

1 Like

But how? I am interested

Plug your Ipad to your pc / mac. In iTunes, go on your device, then find Hearthstone in the files tab. You’ll see options.txt.

Copy it on you pc/mac, then open it and add at the end ‘’targetframerate=60’’. Save, then replace on iTunes in the Hearthstone folder.

Done :slight_smile:

It ‘ll use probably more battery life. Did someone try to set at 120fps ?

1 Like

Trank you so much! I also tried 120 but i couldn‘t really see a difference.

Hey! That FPS trick works. Thanks!

Just to bring this back onto the original issue - could Blizzard please give a response regarding the black box resolution fix on the iPad Pros?

2 Likes

Nothing new as of yet. Thanks for waiting, I’m still keeping track of this thread, even if I may not update each time! Our team knows what the issue is, but it will take some time to implement, which is why it’s taking much longer to fix than we’d like to as this is impacting everyones gameplay experience.

Hopefully, there’s something new to share with you all soon! Thanks again for keeping us on track!

1 Like

Although I appreciate ur attitude,the fact is still unacceptable!How many people in your team?Are you the only person who is working for this?Seriously,if this is a bug and you guys spend more than half a year on this and you can’t fix it,this will put doubt about your qualifications.

3 Likes

I wonder how long it would take to implement if every device was suffering the same issue… Id say…hmm…about 5 minutes. Max.

3 Likes

Hello!

There is more issues on the IPad Pro 11”

There seems to be a problem with the sounds on card animation. For exempel. Reno the relicologist for mage. Its just silent when you play it. And all the emotes when you press on your hero to say ”hello” or ”oops” or ”well played” its all silent. There are more cards that are broken with the sound animation. Can you fix it?

The second issue is the golden card dont have Any moving animation anymore? That sucks alot… whats the point to have golden Cards if they dont feel special at all. Its all gone the moving texture. Fix it please… ive spent 3k USD on this game. I expect more from a game then craa*p resolution.

You should reinstall the Game. I also use the iPad Pro 11’’ and I don‘t have these problems. Just the screen size isn‘t fixed yet.

1 Like

Hey, maybe the update for screen resolution will arrive on august 26th at the same time as the cards update ?

1 Like

Stop dreaming,they just don’t care!How hard it will be?If all iPad have the same situation,they will fix it ASAP.only pro 11,nah

I will be swearing here on Monday if this is not fixed with the nerf patch. Get your sh together Blizzard.

It’s hilarious that some little app with literally 10$ budget have a screen resolution updating for ipad pro when the 10M$ Blizzard haven’t

Update is live now, haven’t tried it yet, have they finally fixed it?

No… but there wasn’t an application update from the app-store but an in-app update

Another patch, another awful looking day of hearthstone on my iPad. Awesome.

3 Likes