Introducing the Core Set and Classic Format

twenty characters……

1 Like

Wait… does that mean classic packs will no longer be available as a reward in Tavern Brawl, as those packs are now pointless, and it’d be replaced with current release packs?

For many years, I’ve been trying to build up my basic/classic set cards, just so I can make a competent deck in ladder. This change is both good for me, and a load of doodoo. All of those years are now wasted. I could disenchant them all, as I don’t play Wild, but I like having copies of old sets. So realistically, this change is actually severely against me.

If I played Wild, it’d be beneficial to me. If I disenchanted wild/legacy sets, it’d be beneficial to me. The only benefit now, is that I’ll be on the same playing field with those that have completed there base/classic set. They probably hate this update the most if they like keeping old cards xD

Like… yay? I think?

3 Likes

They did explained that tho. Every year some of the core set cards might change. But the core set as what it is, is free and permanent.

2 Likes

The cards are loaned and rotated each year. The loan is permanent, there is a big difference. And no, you can’t disenchant the Core set free cards. If you could, then they would in fact be permanent.

1 Like

Save some classic packs so you can get the commons, rares, epics and legendaries that will rotate back into Legacy from Hall of Fame (unless you already own them all).
Also, give the new Classic format a try! Hearthstone in 2014 was a different game and it will be very fun for you if you already own all or most of the Classic cards!

I have made a new topic here for those interested to join voices, requesting compensation for our Classic set cards: Blizzard should compensate owners of Classic set cards

2 Likes

Like, it makes sense to compensate. Every classic card is now useless if they are giving everybody a copy of it.

1 Like

Yeah… We can say that it is how it works xP But they specifically explained that the core cards will be taken from our collection and will be replaced with the next year new core set. They were clear in that.

Yes, this is one of the things that i think could have been explained better. And how those cards are different from our own copies, and why our own copies still have value. They should have go a little deeper about that

It’s mind boggling that some people think so many of these cards makes the game “fun”. Sure maybe fun for the PLAYER but NOT fun for the player that has to play against it. So therefore, causes players to quit. Seriously, its like your playing a tavern brawl and not a serious game.

Here’s four more cards.

Astral Rift
Luna’s Pocket Galaxy
Hex Lord Malacrass
Animated Avalanche

I for one cant wait till classic is out. Free from all the BS!!!

Every single card in your collection is borrowed. You don’t own them. Blizzard does. They are just giving you an access to them.

2 Likes

Lol for a long time Blizzard didnt like priest…they always seem to have gotten the short end of the stick. This is why the first two HS expansions should also be included. They got some pretty solid cards in those first two.

twenty characters……

Historically, Blizzard has offered dust for the rotated out cards. Instead, this time around they opted to not. Though, this is for an ENTIRE set that was meant to be evergreen.

3 Likes

The problem with priest is that he has no win-condition. Making it to affect only the minions won’t be a win condition, just a better board-controling.

they can do what they want with any class or non class card! Because only mode I will forever play is classic mode! Im free from all the BS!!

If we play wild, this has no effect??
We don’t get the new core set permanently, just rented, so DEing cards now to profit isn’t a possibility should you want those core cards after 1 year.

Since everything’s playable in wild this is just like standard getting shaken up majorly, and wild is like none of this affects us, at all, is that correct?

Obligatory “people who leave and come back to wild want to play those old decks we want to cater to them” isn’t a target market since all old decks will lose in the current power level unless they get updated. It’s hard to see that reply when asked about wild balance. I doubt some 2016 handlock would win a game in wild now, to give an example, unless it was edited, which then makes those old deck players a new target market, those who are willing to update their old decks to actually win today". Make sense?

It might effect the powerlevel of some cards getting to standard and getting nerfed to balance the standard meta.

This is mostly correct. The only impact the Core set might have to Wild mode are the 29 new cards.

Edit: Also what oParis mentioned above. There are some changes happening to old cards to bring them back to Standard.

Yes this is true but is not like you have to spend real money to update a handlock. You manage to make blue essence to buy aprox. 6 legendaries/expansion so you can update it easily.

1 Like

Yeah, this has no effect on Wild format. This update is focusing on the new Standard format, pretty much.