Introducing a New Game Mode: Hearthstone Duels!

I don’t remember… did dungeon adventuring give you rewards for completing it? I don’t recall that it did.

For the most part it didn’t.

Not fun game mode. Save your time and energy and do something else.

2 Likes

That’s very subjective, if it’s eventually free and more fleshed out, I’d strongly encourage to try it out.

It’s the way to play in a similar-to-standard environment with cards you most likely won’t craft + a higher occurence of legendaries than in arena.

1 Like

Absolutely trash game mode

1 Like

Will (at least) heroic victories count for the golden hero?

What a great idea, allow people to pay for rewards or play for fun. Can you allow this for Arena as well? I only ever play Arena when I get a free pass during an event, as I feel like I’m cheating myself from extra packs when new expansions come. I can do great at arena or horribly depending, but it’s not consistent and I’m more likely to get what I need for 100 gold packs as opposed to 150 gold packs if you know what i mean…

I like Arena, make it so I can play that too! This is coming from a budget oriented player who’s spent less than 100 dollars overall on the game since launch, but I’ve otherwise been a big Hearthstone fan an really enjoyed it, especially since it came out on mobile.

Just an idea. :smiley: Historically I have 1k arena wins back when I played alot more and brought in more gold simply by getting 10-15 wins per day.

Does anyone know when they plan to open it up to wider access? I’m not about to beta test for $80

1 Like

It will be accessible to all from November 12.

2 Likes

I am hoping for this as well. I enjoy playing with my family casually and we always talked about how much fun it would be to have runs like this against each other. Here is hoping that casual mode has this option.

1 Like

It would be cool, but obviously it would has to have some restritions.

The 2 options that i can imagine to make something like this to works are:

1. The entire run you play only against your friend, so the maximun number of games would be reduce to 5, and it could end with only 3 games.(maybe an option to get more hearts could be a thing)

2. Some kind of “copy duel deck”. So you start a normal run and at the end (or at any point) you can see your deck and copy it, in order to play against the duel deck of a friend.

One simple question, why do we have to create our own decks from your collection at the beginning for Duels?

Dungeon runs were fun and did not require an assembled deck from your collection, neither did arena… this feels like a merriment of two bad parts that were not meant for each other.

there are plenty of alternate ways to keep the mode fresh, by rotating premade dungeon decks, or adding new treasures and hero powers… that’s why the predeceasing dungeon runs were fun to play and well received.

I was optimistic about returning from multiple frustrating metas, and now i find myself leaving again while asking myself why I even bothered.

No thank you for the cash grab, I have lost faith in you again hearthstone.

1 Like

I asked for it about 3 years ago. Glad I did and glad that they produced it. It will only get better over time too. Thanks for listening Blizzard.

Oh no, early access for one mode wasn’t free for like 3 weeks, therefore the entire game is P2W suddenly! Boooo :frowning:

So if a opponent is playing as Mozaki mage and their hero power is draw Secret start of match and they have zero cards and are card starved but are taking zero damage because they keep drawing a mage Secret start of match is that working as intended?? Because it was terribly toxic and awful to play against and felt like they were exploiting the game.

Hi Dev, simple question here, what’s kind of designer keep warlock this powerful but all other heroes are like just a piece of st in this mode. Shame. The situation is last several weeks. Awful.

Any idea when there will be another ballance patch? Warlock and demonhunter are a big problem, the power levels of the old hp and treasures seems to be to low now aswell. Really enjoy duels but right now i dont dare spend my gold on it.

2 Likes

Game mode is nice but is REALLY UMBALANCED, the power of getting +1 to each minion when a minion dies is SICK. In the other hand others are pretty useless.

20 epic cards for the best treasure.

good balancing.

sick monetization.

/s

See what happens when you take part of a sentence completely out of context?