Impossible to find THE NEWS outside third party sites

For the past 2 days (and you do it every expansion/miniset) you have scattered the news across random streamers as if we have to know about it and run around the internet visiting their streams (which is a waste of time in itself).

As a result I have to go to hearthpwn which is the only site that does YOUR job; listing the news in order and very early; I know you try to employ streamers as your promoters but you overrate it compared to the discomfort.

4 Likes

It’s meant as a benefit to the streamers to drive engagement, to promote them as content creators. It’s fine. As you already said, there are other places to find the info. I tend to use Reddit and/or these forums.

2 Likes

I think they overrate how important it is to do it that way. It may be better to give the news themselves so EVERY gamer sees them early instead of only the fans of streamers and whoever knows what third party sites have them (you may think everyone knows to go to those sites (they do not)).

The streamers have in their best interest to have attractive videos anyway; it’s how they make money; they don’t require exclusive news to have motivation.

I just think you like to complain Carn.

3 Likes

ehhhh
the HS library isnt a third party site

so
why you dont like checking it ?

2 Likes

Not better for the streamers

That’s not news, and you can’t even filter them. They only have a “Perils” filter so are you seriously suggesting REMEMBERING what cards Perils already had in all classes and then scrolling DAILY through all of them just IN CASE there are news?

We shouldn’t care. They have a motivation anyway to make money so they have a motivation already to make good content.

It’s Blizzard that may take them too seriously.

2 Likes

+1, i never understood why they not using their official forums to spread news first. Always some random trash sites except their official platform.

2 Likes

Im a step behind it seems. exactly what news are you expecting to find about this game? the launcher app seems to contain all updates in terms of patch notes and current offers/releases and upcoming content soon to release…

Is there other events Im unaware of that requires some sort of status update between set releases and mini set releases and patch notes?

Yes of course. E.g. go to the hearthpwn site and scroll down to see in order a lot of reveals of new cards of the miniset that will be out in TWO(/three) days.

Reddit is a bit worse for it because it’s not in order (in depends a lot on what upvotes each news gets) but they have a lot of discussion.

Too seriously for what?

It’s implied they think it’s too important to suffer this mess, because the streamers are supposedly such an amazing promotion.

Why; it might be more of a negative than not; I’m pretty sure most players don’t even learn those news now at all.

I think that’s true, but I also think most players probably wouldn’t bother reading any news even if it appeared in game

Many might be that way, but others are just confused right now. E.g. someone above thought the battle.net desktop app has all the news.

The step you’re missing is what this guy said right here:

Carnivore is a foule duessa; you’ll come to that conclusion on your own given enough time.

1 Like

Pretty accurate, outside of streamers and the news forum it’s pretty much impossible to find news of free stuff and other stuff…I do feel they should make an announcement in game when there are free stuff in shop , of even news that matter… Like they announced that “wheel of dalaran” is not part of the trinkets, but it is still there…No news on the forums no nothing…But the announcement was still there that it left the pool. Next game I get the trinket

I did miss all of the free stuff in august cuz no announcements but that’s me not caring. Even though I would have appreciated a news flash that there are free stuff there.

1 Like

The streamers have always been a de facto arm of their marketing team

They really think the majority of players give a damn what these guys think. I don’t need to be told what my opinion is about a card or the meta or anything. Do some of them have interesting takes? Sometimes

But I think Blizzard just loves the free marketing they get from throwing scraps to these “content creators” whose number one talent seems to be making that stupid YouTube face

The people who had actual interesting insights into the game moved on to other games a while back and barely talk about HS anymore

1 Like

no need to filter them
the new cards are always the first one on the list and the new card type is at the top

for example the last card to be revealed is a neutral card “carnivorous cubicle”

neutral cards list is now at the top and the first card…is carnivorous cubicle

and if you scroll down youll see the class cards for
priest
demon hunter
hunter

the new cards are the first one on each class list !

why do you think you need filters if all you have to do is check the first cards at the top?

That only answers to 1 issue. It’s not a news feed: you can’t expect people to keep revisiting the database of cards in case there are new cards; you can’t expect people to remember by heart what is old in the same expansion; it’s just not a news feed so stop pretending it is.

Besides: if that database was “news” then Blizzard wouldn’t think that the streamers should give …news.

So um, what “news” are you looking for? Im still lost as to what would be news-worthy in this game outside of when the sets get announced and released… and whenever something significantly different is offered in the in-game-store. I mean we know when the standard reset is cuz its always the 1st of each month… so maybe you are looking for when BG season ends?

Outside of all the above, I cannot think of anything newsworthy you could be trying to find about the game? I dont think the issue is that Blizz doesnt provide their own news feed for you… but that there just isnt enough news to justify one?