IMPORTANT! Kel or Hood Jaina

Important topic here people.

The choices are 2:

Kel’thuzad 1500 Gold/ Edgelord 13 year old player skin.

or

Cute Red Riding Hood Jaina (cute not in the name, just an add-on) 1000 Gold

Which is the correct choice here?

1 Like

None.

OG jaina is gracious.

1 Like

Can’t buy another Mage skin because Murloc Jaina is the greatest of all time and nothing can replace it.

M r glgrrlhrg

2 Likes

Jaina. But i would save gold for titan packs.

1 Like

Jeez everyone is so contrarian that if I was my normal contrarian self I’d feel like I was fitting in. shudders. Can’t people just answer a simple this or that question?

Jaina.

2 Likes

The answer is always jaina.

1 Like

Kel’thuzad if you like to click emotes often. Even if squelched, just for your own joy.

Jaina if you’re one of those loser guys who always tells themselves they play female characters because they can’t stand looking at a guy.

2 Likes

Is there other reason to click them? :grinning:

What about those who just wanna play with a character they like? :grinning:

But I suppose I should get back to the topic. Medivh or Khadgar (the original ones, of course) — now, that’s a tough choice that I’d understand, I’d even play both of them… In this case, however, it’d obviously be Jaina: voice acting by Laura Bailey — yes! And the skin is cute and cool enough, too.

Is it for sale again, by the way? Maybe I should check it out, perhaps even take it if I can.

PS Alright, easy 1000 gold from me :grinning: , even though I don’t play traditional HS anymore. Way better than 10 Mercenaries packs for me at this point, anyway.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: if you ask me, regardless of your genitals, you’re a loser if you’re out of touch with your feminine side, AND you’re a loser if you’re out of touch with your masculine side.

2 Likes

Hey now, I don’t play female characters because I can’t stand looking at a guy.

I play female characters because it’s awesome smashing people WITH a female character.

Playing this massive barbarian dude that manhandles people and crushes them with their strength is one thing. Playing a scrawny female badass that does the same thing just feels different. Like, yeah…watching Conan pick up a 250 lb man above his head and throwing him off a cliff feels cool…but have you ever picked up a 250 lb man above your head and thrown them off a cliff as a 125 lb woman wearing a bikini?

It hits different. :rofl:

No one wants to see Grommash defeat Elise in an arm wrestling match. We’re rooting for Elise to embarrass Grommash man!

1 Like

Gynocentrism in a nutshell.

You mean grandpa Antonidas or Khadgar?

Yay, Sylvanas simp detected. :smirk:

Sexist!!! ‘Objectifying’ Whammynn!!!111111 :japanese_ogre: :grimacing: To the castration chamber with you! We’ll cut of your ‘toxic masculinity’ regardless of your particular anatomy. :grinning:

Perhaps not really (unless you enjoy the sight of a girl beaten to a pulp), but no-one wants to see the Lich King get ‘curb-stomped’ by some ordinary banshee (essentially a grunt of his army), just because it’s more ‘politically correct’, either. Okay, I know, it’s a low-level raid, and Sylvanas must have levelled up since WotLK, but whatever… Many players were also angry at not getting that mount, but they didn’t break the Veil, you know. :grinning:

Define ‘we’. :grinning: It’s not that I don’t like Elise, but…

Besides, I think Grom as a protector would still destroy her as a fighter in the pit in Mercs, Golden Monkey or not. A few Staggering Slams, and she’s just down without having done much.

PS And yeah, those druids are the worst, I’d probably prefer Aranna :grinning: , as much as I like Elise, too, and even play with her more (in Mercs or Tombs of Terror).

On the one hand, I understand that, in the real world, there is zero chance that any born-female person would ever have a snowball’s chance at beating a burly, muscular born-male in an arm wrestling contest. I imagine that the current cultural zeitgeist of denying the biological reality of such situations can, at times, be frustrating.

However, you are in the wrong place to voice such frustrations. This is a forum for a game based in a world where, if you’re sufficiently nerdy, you can burn your enemies alive with your mind and a flick of the wrist. Fantasy gaming from D&D onward has been about embracing power fantasies — usually deeply unrealistic ones — as a kind of cathartic escape. The World of Warcraft is a place where yes, a lithe elven princess can beat up the bodybuilder orc, because magic or whatever. The physical power dynamics of the real world emphatically do not apply to the setting.

It’s like you’re busting into a church to tell the people gathered there that God doesn’t exist. It’s just so overly confrontational as to not be appropriate. So please, lay off of the “sex realism” and stop breaking Schyla’s immersion. He was in the zone imagining the Lich King being taken out by his favorite extraordinary banshee.

1 Like

Kel has special animations, Jaina has not despite the large picture of her hero skin in the collection.

Ahem, what I was talking about is the Lich King vs a banshee, which has got nothing to do with sex, muscles, brains (yes, that too — look at chess, for example) or whatever (actually, they both were obviously using magic) — the former is just a higher and more powerful being in the undead hierarchy, so to speak, and that’s it.

Sure, they cobbled up a story to justify it — retconning much of the previous lore and arguably devalueing a substantial part of the character development in it, although it’s a different matter — but it surely looked like ‘fanservice’ of the crudest sort, catering for the ‘yas, kween’ type of audience, if you know what I mean, to me, which I’d find cringeworthy, to put it in your terms.

Mind you, not even in WoW would ‘no-names’ with extreme power fantasies punch out big bosses all by themselves (indeed, would you really like to see Arthas, Deathwing or Sargeras casually taken down like a lout by… ahem… some guy named Scrotie McB or similar?), so there used to be at least some modicum of respect for the latter — and, more importantly, for storytelling that is actually more or less fun. That’s something to think about, thanks for stimulating me to formulate this thought.

Oh, and one more thing: I’ve nothing against indulging in a bit of power fantasy or whatever, it’s just the ‘Mary Sue’ kind of narrative that I’d find distasteful, that’s all.

Actually, I think powergaming or Mary-Sueing would be frowned upon in the RPG world (speaking of D&D and the like), since it’s supposed to be about having fun by role-playing, not being a so-called ‘munchkin’… unless that’s the kind of game you wanna play, of course.

It would’ve been a nice try, but no, take a look at this, for instance. Once again, no narcissism intended — just to show how this forum does get repetitive and how I’m perfectly familiar with the ridiculousness of the behaviour that you allude to, which wasn’t my intention. To continue with your analogy, my attempt would be more like engaging in a theological debate — perhaps a provocative one, yes — according to their dogmas and tenets.

To be fair, he said nothing about her in particular — it was me who provided this particular example of her taking out many guys, a burly orc included, with her newfound Mary Sue powers, as a grotesque illustration to a general picture in the post above, with the intent and by means of poking a bit of fun at it all. The main point here is that we don’t misattribute or put words in someone’s mouth.

Yep, hence different prices, which is more or less a standard practice for them. 1000 or 1200 (don’t rightly remember all instances) gold for basic skins, 1500 for those with special trays and animations, 1800 for those including also a card back, unless there’s a special discount — something like that.

(A few minor edits made; my apologies for wording that’s turned out rather clumsy)

Literally yes. You can put in any username you like.