IMMOLATE is a HUGE MISTAKE

Simply put ,hand disruption, especially of this magnitude ,has no place in hearthstone. You
can read some of the comments from warlock players and know this card is was ridiculous, How can a card that destroys 4 cards of better from control not be powerful ?The issue is players want decks and cards that are totally dominate vs every other class and architype .Playing 6 or more matches consecutively ,from one class makes hearthstone for most unbearable

That’s a pretty bold claim. One that I seriously doubt is remotely accurate.

I’m so sick of pirate warriors I just auto concede. When 7 out of 10 matches are against the same class, the ‘matchmaking system’ is broken. I know darn well there are more than 2 people playing at any given time unless it’s 4am.

1 Like

I like how people say “this card does nothing” It single highhandedly kills combo decks in wild,

I like a fun thing like a rat (I say like I mean tolerate) because it can miss, you can hold a minion in your hand on purpose to give the rat another target !! counterplay,

you can’t play around immolate? if they play it on turn 4 and you had drawn a 10 mana combo piece you just lose on the spot.

2 Likes

this one can miss too
there is no way to tell if your opponent has a piece of a combo or not

it can miss but it has no counterplay, its like an AOE power creep version of rat

If any dev at hearthstone is reading this, you are losing a player today till you don’t address immolate/abyssal curses issue.

Those cards and that mechanic are too toxic and you are forcing us to have Yu-Gi-Oh stile games where turn 4 you are already dead by playing super aggressive decks because control decks are death because your new invention, play against warlock is an auto lose for control decks.

2 Likes

a grand old legacy of people being triggered by warlock

Y’all are completely crazy, I love immolate as much as the next dude (because I’m a warlock main), but you have to be an idiot to think the card’s balanced as it currently is.

2 Likes

if you are a warlock main you know not even curselock bothers with running this card

I’ve been playing a high cost Mage recently and have found immolate (for obvious reasons given my build) to be extremely effective. Now that Prince Renathal is available I would say you would be silly not to include immolate in your Warlock deck for the sake of control disruption. Even against aggro it can cause issues if you get it early enough. Win conditions turn to Plan B or get rushed into appearance before they are ripe. Excellent card and something to always be ready for when playing Warlock for the time being

1 Like

I know! Usually the pro company mob waits a little longer before forming a hate mob to gang up on customers. Looks like they’re out in full force here. Look for the upvotes and pro company posts here folks! Most of the crowd (but not all) that gets to violate coc with impunity, up to and including hate speech and threats can be found here.

Anything other than praise for the company.
ftfy

Immolate is such a bad card because in a normal metagame it just loses you games/stays dead in your hand, but WHENEVER control has a popular list, the stupid thing pops up everywhere, and it really just ruins the play experience for everyone.

I don’t really understand why Team 5 seems so hell bent on making cards that literally AREN’T FUN experiences (see: Tickatus, Immolate, pretty much the entirety of United in Stormwind quests) for the vast majority of the player base.

If large segments of the player base don’t like control, MAKE CONTROL HARD TO PILOT, don’t make it beatable by 1 card that gets played on turn 4. Team 5 understands the nuance between a skill capped interaction and a braindead one. Stop making braindead answers to fun & thoughtful decks.

1 Like

This card is not even a problem… Half of the time when its ran against me, its while im being greedy anyways and ends up backfiring on them when I dump my hand and they die

Not going to lie, I love this card. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy you do, I’ve quite enjoyed playing against it too. It sometimes gave me tough decisions which cards to let burn and which to play and get in my deathrattle pool while playing priest with a rather full hand.

Its power is only good vs combo decks. Vs argo it is a non factor. YES its strong but vs combo.

It doesn’t matter how good a card is. If it’s unfun, it’s unfun. Not sure how you can’t understand that.

All classes have problems! I don’t understand why they don’t make classes good at everything, what will change would be the cards that players chose to use in the deck.
I played 4 hours with a druid kazakusan deck, the problem with the damn class is it doesn’t have a localized damage or area damage spell! If you want to do something similar to this, it will be through the SEVEN mana spell: Scale of Onyxia.
All classes have pros and cons! All the fault of these idiot game designers!! I only play wild mode and I haven’t seen a good wild card in this new set! The only way we have to protest this bankrupt company is not to buy anything from this new collection!

I won’t buy anything from this new collection, I don’t see anything useful for wild mode, so I’ll spend my money on AAA games on Steam, see you later!!

see the fact you only play wild is your problem! wild is called wild for a damn reason lol!!! dont expect balance or much tuning from it. its also not a gamemode that is kept in mind while creating new cards like AT ALL . if you only play wild well hearthstone is probably not for u. imagine playing the pretty much abandoned game mode and complaining lol