I never felt so angry about a bug

You are losing the early game, suddenly you start to recover, in the mid game you are destroying the opponent, in the next turn he is going to die, he tries the last play and summons a mega monster 52-64, fortunately you have a blade storm that will deal with the opponent dreams BUT…

Can you imagine losing a game because blade storm maximum damage is 50 instead of making damage until the minion dies as the card says?

Sad that I have to find the bug in such a dirty way. Now you all know it :melting_face:

1 Like

Did it really repeat 50 times? I thought the max was 30

It’s not a bug, it’s a failsafe built into the spell to ensure that it does not try forever to kill a minion that cannot be killed, and thus crash the game.

Unfortunate that you had to find out in such a disappointing way. But now you know.

Yes, 50 times. It’s a shame the card doesn’t do what it says.

1 Like

It is intentional though and not a bug. Actions have certain caps in order to prevent the game from bugging out. I did find the patch notes where Bladestorm was increased from 30 to 50

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements

• Increased the maximum number of Bladestorm activations from 30 to 50.

The card says:

“Deal 1 damage to all minions. Repeat until one dies.”

It doesn’t say:

The spell stops working until 50 damages to ensure that the game won’t break"

2 Likes

True, it doesn’t say that.

Lots of cards don’t do exactly what they say.

Blizzard prefers card text that is short, simple, and possibly slightly inaccurate, instead of card text that is long, complicated, and exactly correct.

Welcome to Hearthstone.

Sorry I am not buying that, card games are based in the descriptions inside of them to be able to think and win games.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll change it again if they receive enough complaints, but I would not hold my breath

The screenshot I made is funny but aparently is not possible to upload here. In my hand I had everything to win + x2 Astalor 3rd level with brann and x2 Ignis 10 mana windfury + 8 mana minions apart from removals, and armor.

you can post links using the </> preformatted text

No, this forum does not support direct image upload.

Instead, upload the image to some other public image sharing site, and post the text link here.

Just like it says in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

How to share links to screenshots, videos, and replays

I think OP has valid complaint. There is plenty of space on the card to put a “max:50” or whatever the right way of showing a limitation on a card like that would be. Long and short is, the card did not do what it says it does and is supposed to do.

That failsafe is kinda lazy though
For a card like defile it’s possible to create loops that other failsafes couldn’t detect.
But when the break condition is to kill a single minion you can check the health of each minion in-between each cast of the card.
Check the health of each minion, register it as the minimum health they reached.
Deal 1 damage to all
Check the health, register any new minimum reached
Deal 1 damage to all…

If for 5, or even 10 casts in a row, no minion went below the minimum they ever reached individualy, then you can stop casting. If no minion lost hp in 10 casts you can assume they will never die from any number of casts.
You prevent infinite loops without limiting the damage output of the card. If they still want to limit it to prevent long turns then that doesn’t solve anything :person_shrugging:

`[indent preformatted text by 4 spaces](https://files.fm/u/qdwpz9eb9h)`

Blizzard think adding “or until it did 50 damage” at the end of the card would be too confusing.

If only Blizzard could stop slowing down everything because of extremely lenghty animations all over. ?
And in this case make it go f.ex 1,2,3,4,5,rest of damage.
You as player see the damage itself beyond 6 appplied in one go.
But creatures removed, deathrattles triggering, secrets going off and so on , are stil in the same and correct order.

Maybe a bit confusing at times, but the card will do what it says it does.

For these types of cards It’s not about animations length but about infinite loops
You can create scenarios where the effect will never end and bug the game, resulting in the game crashing and forcing a disconnect

Wouldn’t it be more confusing when the card doesn’t do what it says/is supposed to?

Depends on the risk they want to take.
Do you want to annoy all your playerbase with useless text, just to cover a rare niche scenario ?
Confusing one player from time to time is a smaller problem than permanently adding irelevant text for the daily usage of a card