I have dropped $2K

I have spent so much money on this game and never felt bad until now. unless all of this is fixed and you start helping the little F2P players, I will spend my money elsewhere.

14 Likes

I know, right! One 5 day work week only buys me every card for the whole year…
The nerve… Lol… And I only get 1,000’s of hours of fun… Way less expensive than going to the movies… I’m so angry…

1 Like

you spent a long time to type that out. You okay?

My fingers hurt, from all the fun I’m having, and I’m playing Hearthstone while typing…

I am honestly confused. you seem to have this sarcasm that makes it seem like you hate this game or love it and are defending blizzard here.

I think Blizzards problem was ever making Hearthstone F2P to begin with… Buy some cards… I don’t complain about not being able to afford a corvette… I bought most of my collection back when we didn’t have legendary dup protection… I think there could be some tweaks, but I’m good…

Imagine being able to buy a car without too much issue, and without worrying about loans and whatnot, and seeing people complain about how expensive a car is.
now imagine car dealerships not making or selling cheaper cars, but saying they will and then making it much harder to get a car loan or payment plan.

you should at least sympathies with those people, and you would want more people with cars, because if no very few people drive cars, then you don’t get to show off yours. I care about this game and the people who play it, both because I want more people to enjoy what I enjoy and because I get to show off all my cool stuff, like my highlander control 4 old god warrior deck, or stupid fun stuff like that.

it needs to be more assessible to F2P players because they make the backbone of the game.

1 Like

Then I’d focus on how I can earn more to buy a car… I’m a father of 4, with over $1,000/mo in student loans… I’m not having any problems keeping up… I have a full collection, and only buy the $80 bundle, dust all golden cards, and am conservative with my crafting… I would be able to afford it even easier back in high school, when I lived with mom and dad, working fast food. I had more money to blow back then… So I disagree…

1 Like

but not everyone has that kind of money to spend, or are unwilling to spend it on a card game. like i said you and I are the minority, and without f2p players there is no game.

4 Likes

No games were F2P when I was growing up… We’ve raised a generation of demotivated, lack of work ethic people with their hands out, thinking they are owed something… Nope… I teach my kids to work for what they get…

If you are talking about the Rewards Track, I believe some tweaks are needed, like better gold returns… But it’s got me playing/enjoying it a lot more…

4 Likes

You have yet to address my point.

without F2p Players the pole who spend money will have longer que times and will see a decrease in quality of overall games, and be more willing to leave. new players will come into the game with a low review score and long que times and be unwiling to get into the game.

additionally while you were younger no games were F2P. certainly, but times change, markets change, and attitudes cahnge.

Finally pole do work for the cards, but playing the game they earn gold to buy cards. Imagine for a moment if your boss said that they would pay you less because they thought they would make more money, imagine if they cuts your wages by as much as 2 or 3 dollars and hour. you would most certainly go find another job very quickly, or be very upset at your boss or whoever made that decision.

1 Like

I think Hearthstone is a “Free to Try” game. I played for free, the first couple of months. Before then I’ve never played a card game. Turned out I enjoyed it, so I started buying cards. 60 pack bundles… Had to dust tons of legendry’s, that I already had.

I think the issue is people expecting the game to be 100% F2P. Sorry, but you won’t have fun playing that way. You will always be dissatisfied with your collection and always mad that someone is whooping your butt in ranked mode because you can’t afford to keep up…

People need to pay for the things and services they enjoy. If it wasn’t for people paying for the game, there wouldn’t be one, to begin with. With how expensive things like movies, eating out, and other forms of entertainment. I don’t think it’s a huge ask…

2 Likes

sure but $60 is no where near enough to get all the cards. if it cost 60 every 4 or 5 months poeple would not have near a big an issue, the problem is that it is way more expensive than that and they put even more purchases on top of that.

60 pack bundles, as in more than 1, not $60… If I had to pay $1,000 + for a full collection, over 6 years, why should it be different for everyone else. You don’t even need every card, I’m just OCD… I only use 20-30% of them… If you’re in the USA, and some other countries, we got $1,200 each, for free… Bam! almost every card, Lol…

1 Like

why would someone pay $1,000 for a game they can play for 6 years, when they can pay $60 for a game they can play forever?

1 Like

I have a stack of 200+ PS3 games that beg to differ…

1 Like

you can still play them can you not?

Yes. I can, but it wouldn’t be fun… Not with all your friends playing the latest and greatest… My kids enjoy them though…

1 Like

you dont have to pay $60 every few month to pay them? wow lucky you.

Not luck. Work and sacrifice…

1 Like