I have dropped $2K

Oh, and another thing… A little financial advice. Always buy a car with cash. No car is worth a car payment, and stay the hell away from student loans…

3 Likes

There’s one solution for longer que times: bots. No really. Hearthstone is such an easy game that Kripp showed us even bots can reach legend. And most decks are already playing by themselves, so it’s kinda hard to notice your opponent is a bot. Also, bots don’t spam emotes while roping at the same time, don’t add you as friend and wish your entirely family all the horrible diseases that ever existed, and they don’t complain in the forums either.

Wow, Brandon is like the perfect blizzdrone bred in a science lab or something. It’s actually amazing.

9 Likes

you feed beast when people were calling this out in 2018 but no one lison to F2P when we saw what was coming till now

You have a very bad mentality. You are a sheep that likes to be taken advantage of, but you like to say you are not a sheep while you are a sheep. It’s because of people like you gaming companies make us pay more and more for anything.

1 Like

hmm, ive spent more than i car to think about and feel the exact opposite. lower the price and end F2P.

2 Likes

If your children have to put up with this arrogance every day of their lives, I honestly feel sorry for them. Not every situation is the same. Not every person is the same. Just because you like blowing your money doesn’t mean everyone should.

5 Likes

No sheep here. I’m one of the lucky ones who wasn’t brainwashed in college…
I’m actually quite the contrarian, as you can tell. Check out Jordan Peterson, Thomas Sowell, Candace Owens, and Dennis Prager for starters… I think for myself, not groupthink.

Could the game be cheaper? Yes. Would I like the game to be cheaper? Of course.
Do I think it would grow if they made it cheaper? Of course. Do I think it’s too expensive? Not really… I’ve never had buyer’s remorse. I can make $80 in half a day. I also play Hearthstone a lot more than other games.

Blizzard isn’t great anymore. It hasn’t been the same company since Activision came into the picture, but I feel there is too much parroting of what others think and say.
Just because someone is a YouTube/Twitch personality, doesn’t mean they are intelligent. Quite the opposite, from my experience. Maybe Hearthstone is too expensive for you. Golf is too expensive for me. I just think it’s odd that a person who spends $2K on Hearthstone and starts a post like this, smells fishy…

3 Likes

Lol, My children will be successful in life and take responsibility for their actions and inactions.

Enjoy making minimum wage for the rest of your life with an attitude like that. Working for the man… Lol…

2 Likes

Thank you for proving my point. Hopefully you’re a better father than you are at admitting you’re wrong. Nobody is impressed with your personal situation lol

3 Likes

Luck has nothing to do with my current situation… I grew up in a broken crap hole trailer park, with drugs, thieves, and filth. Started working at 12, and worked my way to were I am. Someone saying I’m lucky is an insult. I guess I’m lucky to be born in the USA, but my forefathers earned that too…

2 Likes

I’m not denying you worked hard to get where you are today. I’m just saying that not every situation is like yours, not everyone can be paying as much as you choose to. Its not just chalked up to “working hard.” So basically you saying that other people are lazy because you’re where you are today is wrong. :man_shrugging:

There was a time in my life I wouldn’t be able to afford Hearthstone, it was at age 11 and before, lol… My parents didn’t buy me crap. My friends would come over and see I literally had a small apartment in my room and be like, you’re lucky. Their 13-year-old jaws would drop when I told them I bought it all myself, mowing lawns, and helping others… I worked 2x 40-hour jobs for 10 years straight.

We are all from different walks of life, at different stages. There will always be something you can’t afford, and things you will be able to afford later. Only excuses and inaction are holding you back. Start by working on yourself. Start every day striving to be better than the last. We are living in a very cushy world, that can go upsidedown in a blink of an eye. The cost of Hearthstone is the least of my worries.

2 Likes

Good for you. You’ve also had 50+ years (I’m assuming) to get where you are today. Again, you assuming that other people are lazy based on your own history is ridiculously naive.

Let him have his opinion lol. It doesn’t change the fact that HS is way too expensive, both than it should be, and than it could be.
Though I have doubt about his proclaimed success, truly successful people rarely have the urge to brag about it.
Doesn’t matter whether he is genuine, or just Blizzard boards damage control.

1 Like

Lol, none of that is even remotely possible in europe.

The only “work” you are able to do at the age of 12 is delivering newspapers in your neighbourhood and the money you get isnt even close enough to buy something in the hundreds, unless one would save for like 2 years.

You are also not allowed to work more than 48 hours a week, unless in special circumstances and then it wouldnt go over 60 hours a week tops.

Man, the united states are messed up. No wonder you dont have universal healthcare.

1 Like

100% agree. You’re right. I’m just wasting my time.

I’m not bragging. I’m 36, btw. I’m just stressing that it wasn’t luck. If you are too young, that’s fine. If Blizzard listens and makes the game cheaper, then awesome, a win-win. By demographics though, the average age of a U.S. gamer is 35, and only 29% of the gamer population is under 18 years old. It makes sense to charge what 71% of the population can afford, and not cater to F2P players. If your unhappy, then play something else. Start your own company. When that happens, Blizzard will take the hint and do something.

Like I said before, maybe it is too expensive for you, now. But that may also be due to you wanting everything else too, and Hearthstone is a lower priority. Do you own both a PS4 and an Xbox? How many other games do you buy per month? One can have too many hobbies. I have a friend who quit gaming 100% because he fell in love with board games…

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve gone out to eat in 5 years, not even a cup of coffee. I change my habits to afford other ones…

If anything, gaming has gotten cheaper… In the 1990s a NES game cost around $50. With inflation, that’s $99 in today’s money. How much Super Mario Bros do you think one can stand. Maybe a month?

2 Likes

I’m only speaking for the market in the U.S. Obviously, you’re paying too much for that “Universal Healthcare”, after taxes, you don’t have enough left for fun. I’m sorry, it would suck to have limitations on how much money you earn. :frowning:

Yeah, but we dont have student loans though and dont get bills from hospitals. So i guess we have that going for us.

The problem is though, that Blizzards marketing is basically the same for the whole world, thus stating your own financial possibilities regarding the U.S. market doesnt really help the rest of the world.

I agree that paying for the game is important and i myself did it too for 5 years since release. But the price policy eventually became ridiculous. They sure tried different bundles every now and then but they never decreased any prices and that is figuratively a punch in the face of the community. The game is overall way too expensive, without any proper reason than to just make more profit and that profit isnt even used to make quality content anymore.

If we really use the reason that its only expensive because people just dont have enough money, then we are creating a class-based system for a videogame. In that regard, Blizzard could also tripple the prices. But that would be too much and they would lose way too many players, thus they try to get as high as possible before the community doesnt wnt anymore and it looks like that they have reached a significant border.

I, for one, stopped giving them money for Hearthstone last year and i wont start ever again. I already gave them way too much for a cardgame. I dont regret it though.