Hs:ngresult db error:303:0

Good afternoon!

When you log into the hearthstone game, a message about playful demons appears on the screen and the error “HS:NGRESULT DB ERROR:303:0” appears in the upper right corner. Help

25 Likes

I am receiving the same error. Just returned to Hearthstone after a couple of months off.

5 Likes

Same here.
Tried android phone, tablet, desktop and two different networks.
Deleted cache/appdata.
Reinstalled the game.
Also opened a ticket but i am fully prepared to be told to reset my router or something along those lines

1 Like

Same error, just returned to Hearthstone after a couple of months off.

3 Likes

this happened before

post about it on technicall issues too

Good afternoon. This error has been preserved =(((

Hello, same problem ( hsg db error 303.0

1 Like

Same issue and error message over here.
It seems to happen only on Europe server.

2 Likes

same issue here aswell on eu

I have the same problem first did not let me log in and returned to the login screen and then I got this error, it is worth mentioning what this happens to me on mobile on Android to be more espesifico, someone from here has already been able to solve this problem and what I have seen in 2021 issues this error and I have not been able to find a solution

1 Like

The same problem, EU server only

Same for me. returned after a couple months only to see this error after updating. EU server

Same here, returned after 4 months, Asia Server

1 Like

ARGHHHHH I TRIED EVERYTHING.

%temp%, %localappdata%, %appdata% and deleting /Blizzard/Hearthstone folder or anything Hearthstone related. Tried accessing the game on my phone. Reinstalling. Resetting password. Logging in and out. Restarting computer. Restarting my phone. Restarting router. Scanning and repairing Hearthstone. You name - I tried it.

I can log into every server but EU. I have not played for 6+ months and now I really wanna get back to it… SO FRUSTRATING! (small indie company btw, come on Blizzard…) WHAT IS GOING ON!

1 Like

Good afternoon. Unable to start Hearthstone. Received an error HS:NGRESULT DB ERROR:303:0 when logging into the game. Reinstalling the game, setting up the firewall, deleting the Hearthstone folder from the appdata, nothing helped. game version 27.2.0.183876. Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.3324. I live in Ukraine, Europe server. Help solve the problem, or at least give an answer when it’s fixed, thanks.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. It clearly seems that it’s affecting only people who return after a time - were our accounts disabled because you need server ressources? Same issue here: Hs:ngresult db error:303:0 > EU server. Make this work asap!

2 Likes

Same issue here on game version 27.2.0.183876. Wanted to try out the new BG patch, but impossible to log into EU server while Asia/America work just fine.

Same issue - US server, multiple days now.

Add me to the group. US.

I’m getting the same error. I didn’t play HS for a while as well.