Hs:ngresult db error:303:0

Same Issue, EU servers only.

I have the same problem, EU server, someone know how to fix it?

аналогичная проблема, ощущение что аккаунт в теневом бане, но за что? За то что не играл 3 месяца??

1 Like

Same issue here. I’m also returning to the game after a few months.

1 Like

Same issue. Didn’t paly hearthstone for a while…

same issue, I can play on Europe region but not Americas. Tried on my android mobile which also has the same issue. Also attempted both on WIFI and 5g network to rule out connectivity and it had same error on mobile.

Exactly the same issue here.

Same issure can’t play on Europe, came back after a couple of months not playing Hearthstone.

I have the same problem

Me too :wink:

Very nice s h i t

Same thing, returning player, can’t join americas server but others are fine.

Same problem what da hell blizzard waiting ???

Same Error here. I can’t play the game after returning

Does everybody still waiting for this error? Tell me somebody how to fix it. :frowning:

Yup, me and my boyfriend still have the same issue - EU, after a few months of not playing :frowning:

Another returning user getting this error checking in. Receive the error on both pc and mobile so has to be something to do with accounts that haven’t logged in for a while?

NA server here, i cant login after 4 months away. it seems to not let us login on the server we played on before we left. (i could get on EU but i’ve never played there) what in the world is happening?? i’ve had this account for years and if i lose it i’ll be really upset.

Version 27.2.0.183876
Region: Europe
Can’t enter the game because of “Playful Sprites / HS:NGRESULT DB ERROR:303:0”

I also just in case checked Americas and Asia regions. They have the same problem, but Europe is the main region I play.

The issue is reproduced both on mobile and PC side. So your advice about clearing the %LocalAppData% on PC definitely is NOT a solution here.

I assume that “db error:303:0” is a server-side error. This somehow shows that DB data about player profile\cards\decks has incorrect format or missing data which is required by the current patch. I played the HS about half a year ago and now tried to return back and got this error. I saw many players’ messages about getting this error after a period of inactivity in the game.

1 Like

It’s honestly amazing this company is still in business. Hearthstone is already one of the most assinine apps I’ve seen in terms of handling shaky connections without sabotaging your game for five seconds of disconnection, now they can’t even make their mf game playable? How is this acceptable for a modern gaming company? MY BROTHER IN CHRIST IT’S YOUR OWN DAMN SERVERS

1 Like