How to report someone in Hearthstone

I agree with that, however, it can happen to anybody…
I don’t like it either, but they have the right because you have the right to have the same time to play a card as they do… I’ve been down that road… I’ve gotten pretty red too… Nowadays when it seems someone is doing it to me I do it back… If they increase the timing of their plays I follow suite… No one’s cheating here… Sportsmanship… Maybe…maybe not because the time is the same 4 both players.

2 Likes

That’s not why they do it. People use bots to farm XP in order to progress further along the reward track.

1 Like

I would gladly forfeit that right. If I’m deliberately using my time to get on someones nerves and accomplish nothing else, I should get banned 100%. Also I want to be very clear that I’m only talking about rope then end turn. Rope then play a card last second is in my opinion always fine, there’s plausible deniability there. They could’ve just had a really hard time making up their mind between a number of possible plays. Been there, done that. There isn’t any of that with rope-then-end. It’s griefing, no ifs ands or butts.

Breathe friend… As some mentioned it may have been a bot. If so take screenshots… Video of your screen is better… Cover the name of players if you post it here…shaming someone will get you banned. So find the spot of Blizzard site and report and include the proof there.

I assumed as much, but why does it have to rope cancel? Wouldn’t it work just as well if it insta passed every turn or played a random playable card then passed, while being a lot less infuriating to play against? If so then yes, it is deliberately to ruin people fun. If not then that’s a horrid system that Blizz designed and put in their game and a great example for how perverse incentives ruin things.

That’s a really stupid state of affairs. Action like that is categorically incapable of even making a dent in a botting problem. So I guess the real answer is Blizz just doesn’t give a crap about botting in Hearthstone and isn’t going to do anything to deal with the problem except maybe in individual instances if I go out of my way to gather and spoonfeed them evidence that would be trivial for them to generate programatically.

Guess I won’t be coming back to Hearthstone after all. Shame.

1 Like
1 Like

Nice. Victim blame. You know, ignoring toxicity means you’re part of the problem.

3 Likes

I encountered another bot just now. Basically every week I will have encountered one. Most of the time if I were playing aggro I will just concede. But if I were playing control and grinding up ladder it is really a pain. Blizzard knows this all along but they have no actions, not even plans to fix this.

2 Likes

A way to stop the armor up thing is put a max amount of armor you can have up at any one time. I mean some times I play a warrior who goes well beyond the amount of armor needed for the game, and all the cards in the world will not remove that much armor, plus blizz moved the remove armor card to wild.

Warrior armor needs a definite nerf to lower the amount a player can have at any one time.

Given that most defense-oriented Warrior decks (whether in Standard or Wild) perform worse than aggressive Warrior decks, I don’t think a nerf to armor gain (or limiting the max possible armor gain) is warranted.

It is not breaking the rules of the game. You are trying to force your personal preferences (forbidding someone to use all the time they can) onto others here, while demanding they do not force their personal preference (using all time available) onto you.
Either you are a big hippocrite, or jsut not smart enough to realise the irony.

What the literal *** is wrong with you @horatio. You think it’s NOT a problem when someone programs their game to just sit there and annoy you into quitting?

Yeah, I’m getting the same bot. It’s really *** stupid that we can’t report more easily. Blizzard is amping up their cosmetics to milk this game for everything, but they won’t put in basic safeguards.

Nothing.

You are mixing 2 things together. Botting, and using all available time. Those are entire separate issues. And I never said botting is ok. Are you really that incompetent? It is not that hard to read what I wrote, you know.

Botting IS against the rules, and therefore it should be quite obvious I am not talking about that.
And for the record (especially for people like you): I want all the bots to be banned.

However, I have no issue with anyone using their full turn time, since it is not breaking the rules in any way. And I am not a snoflake, who gets bothered or offended by someone’s thinking. Or idling. Or hoping they make me concede. And that haven’t changed.

Also, why the thread necromancy? There is plenty of way newer bot threads here. Oh, right. I forgot. You don’t bother to read…

2 Likes

Not to bot they don’t. Botting is against the tos, and there should be a way to report it.

Botting. Is. Against. The. Tos. FULL. STOP!
There is no way around this, and those defending this are probably botters themselves.

There is no way…I do it every time, it’s like christmas for me. If Blizzard wants to annoy me with long annoying quests, I’ll annoy people by either roping them to madness, friend them and laugh at them, friend them and make fun of them, friend them and make them feel like trash…

It’s like a freaking holiday for me when someone friends me…And If I hit a streamer it’s even funnier, cuz he thinks that I would care cuz he is streaming and people can see my messages :))), which I don’t and it’s even more funnier to trash his stream.

And you know what’s even more funnier, that people think that I have no life , that I am a sad person and so one, which makes me laugh more while sipping on his tears and rage :))…This is literally the only think legit about HS, the fact that it doesn’t have a banning system, and yes they can add a report button, I will still rope you, still rope and hero power at the end of the turn, still rope you while emote you :))))), and while you are crying before your monitor or phone, remember that top players rope turn 1, so I am legit :smiley: and Acti@cr@p cannot do anything :slight_smile:

O P.s I am also getting XP for this so :)))

That’s not even bait, you just threw your pole into the water.

Another -censored- who is incapable of reading. I am talking purely about using all the time, nothing else.
Show, where exactly I talk about botting. Quote me! Or admit you are wrong. If you are man enough, that is.

I specifically said, for people like you, that all bots should be banned. But obviously, you can’t read, can you?

Using the fake “censored” to cover for profanity is against the TOS too. Along with trolling, flaming, etc. So there’s that.

So if you were actually against botting, you wouldn’t be against a report function being added, because it would have zero impact on you. Because you don’t bot. So any report filed would result in zero action taken…unless you were in fact griefing people. Which based on your actions here, it’s not going out on a limb to say is entirely likely.

Could you quote, where he was saying, he was against a report function? He was only talking about not mixing botting and taking your time.

I addressed this already:

That’s the crux of the issue: people are griefing people, in addition to the botters, and they don’t want to be caught up in whatever report system would theoretically implemented.

To tweak the bard: “the poster doth protest too much, methinks.”