How to balance DH hero power

Hi, I was thinking about DH hero power (which is generally considered pretty busted/broken, especially with the cards it has), and I was wondering, why is it 1 mana? I feel like, the way they should have done it (and maybe they thought of this but didn’t, for some reason?) is make it 2 mana, like every other hero power, but to make it differentiate, and because Illidan was a Night Elf, close to both druids and priests, shouldn’t his hero power have been, 2 mana, give your hero +1 attack and heal for +1 health? Basically like Druid hero power, but instead of armor, it’s heal. I dunno, I feel like this is what the hero power should have been…thoughts?

So just make it a weaker druid ?

The hp is fair at 1 mana. The only reason ot seems broken is because dh is currently having his Great Tournament expansion while no one else does

Er…I mean, all the hero powers have strengths and weaknesses. That’s like saying priest is a weaker warrior, or warrior is a weaker priest. Or shaman is a weaker paladin, or paladin is a weaker shaman. Or mage is a weaker rogue, or rogue is a weaker mage. And etc. They all have their place and uses, demon hunter has healing as a significant part of his kit, and damage as a significant part of his kit…hence, +1 damage +1 heal, it makes perfect and complete sense. The reason the current hero power at 1 mana seems broken is because it is…

Oh wait, I read wrong, I thought it was heal your hero for 1 health.
Yeah, make more sense.

I still don’t agree on the fact that his actual hp is broken, tho. It not versatile like druid, cannot be cast in advance like rogue, and thus is absolutly useless in more situations than the others

The HP isn’t broken per se. But then you give him cards like the 4/2, the 6/4 (could be un-nerfed once the HP is changed), the warglaives, battlefiend (which could be un-nerfed once the HP is changed), etc. The reason these cards were nerfed and considered so strong, isn’t how they were on their own, but because DH has a 1 mana hero power, which is ridiculous (essentially a Genn for free, without the even deck restriction…think about that). I really think what I’m suggesting would be healthiest for the game.

Already said it :

No

Nope. It was a card with amazing stats and the ability to buff itself indefinitly, you know, just like mana wyrm.

If that was the case, wouldn’t all the cards that ineract with the DH attacking be nerfed ? They aen’t because they aren’t deemed too strong by Bliz.

Did you miss the part where it’s weaker than all the other HP ?
I mean, HP are essentially 0-cost effect that you can do infinitly for 2 mana. But for DH, we already know how much attack you gain by paying 0 mana : 2.
His HP is weaker than a 0-cost spell.

the developers literally explained why dh has the hero power it has upon reveal…

1 Like

It is not, it’s one of the weaker hp’s.

DH really sucks… probably one of the worst classes… all his minions are only good for one turn and then die instantly… thus he only has one predictable tactic which is rushing face damage… which is not a very good strategy, despite how much of you guys really fear aggro face damage decks… it’s really countered easily actually… I don’t know how you would fix this class… Really needs a redesign… don’t think it’s in the HP he needs more beefy Minions… they all have baby health…

…in Arena, maybe.

1 Like

I tried playing DH the other day to see what the nerfs did and if it was any good… and I lost every game… even tried out a few different things, few different angles… but still… lost every game… it is soooo bad… and I’m comparing it to all the other decks I usually play… nothing of which loses as consistently as DH, usually I am about 60% winrate now in mid to high diamond Ranks… seriously everything dies to… explosive trap, consecration, holy nova, dragons breath, star fall, not to mention all the deal 2 damage spells and rush minions… this class is high level TRASH…

Cry me a river. The class is still doing pretty well, according to Vicious syndicate.
One person playing it one day is not sufficient data to tell wether the class is good or not.

It’s doing OK’ish, but I would definitely not play it myself.

P.S. 12-0 vs DH this season.

1 Like

Exactly I am also always beating DH it’s actually my favorite match up! I’m always so happy when I’m up against DH
So yeah it really is bad…

Well I must admit, those dh’s did help me get to d3 very fast this season.
27-8 overall, so it would be only 15-8 without the dh enemies.
But that’s only thx to ppl not playing priests that would beat my face hunter completely (0-2) :).

That’s kind of the main problem of current viable dh’s. They’re trying to be aggro/face, but they lose completely to the king of face.

P.S. 7-2 vs rogues (mostly highlander/gala), which is another class ppl seem to hate.

Conclusion: when frustrated and in doubt, play the mighty face hunter (I got 55-22 overall on it, including last season’s legend run), at least until ppl start playing priests and libram paladins - that would be rip face hunter.
As for hero powers? 2 face damage > 1 face damage.

1 Like

Change the heroic power to 5 (he summons Lor’themar Theron who can be immune for 3 turns and at the end of each turn takes 20 damage to minions and heals your hero for 5 life.

I don’t know why I’m getting so many troll and disingenuous responses. DH has the weakest hero power…really? …I mean, I guess I won’t be able to get through to you if you really think that. Granted, I’ll give you it is technically the worst, when compared to 2 mana hero powers, if you discount the fact that it is 1 mana…but why are we discounting facts, again? Once again, you literally get Genn effect, which requires a severe deck building restriction, and was hall of famed after 1 year because of how busted it and Baku were, FOR FREE. And then, you give DH tons of cards which have perfect synergy with that low cost hero power. There’s a reason tempo DH is still one of the best and most played decks out there, even after all the nerfs. Because it wasn’t about Battlefiend, or Glaivebound, or what have you, but the Hero Power. This is why I am suggesting the proper way to fix it (and how it should have been to begin with, if you ask me). If you were one of the trolls…please don’t reply.

Am I considered a troll ? Whatever, I’ll answer nontheless :

Who’s discounting fact, here ? You are considering the Genn effect is free, when in truth, DH has to pay for it by halving his HP power, litterally (it would have been +2 attack if he costed 2 mana, as I already said).
Granted, it is a strong HP, but it’s the third least polyvalent HP (more polyvalent than Hunter and Warrior because you can go face or you can trade, less polyvalent than the rest) and weaker than a 0-cost spell (one that come from one of the weakest expansion, in fact).

Cards that, for a huge part, will rotate out. And why wouldn’t DH have cards that synergise with his HP ? Warrior have shield slam, priest has lightspawn, rogue has deadly poison…

Yes, you are one of the trolls.

Why ?
I presented actual valid arguments you have yet to counter