Highlander decks using ETC to play duplicate

This is a game where increments large and small, win or lose the game.
I have never played the card, and adding sideboard cards to HS is yet another mistake made by team 5 in their rush to sell cards.

It’s different than an actual Discover card in many ways, as looked at prior. We can go in circles here, but it isn’t consistent and acts as a way for Highlander to cheat in copies into their deck. Copies that were chosen during deck building, which goes against the spirit of Highlander.

1 Like

ETC is an amazing print.
Bringing an optional mini sideboard in the cost of losing pressure playing a 4 mana 4/4 “textless” is just… great.

It creates amazing deck-building situations. Do you go for:

1. Card to choose when ahead
  2. Card to choose when need X
  3. Card to choose to rush the opponent down, and so much more.

You should play the card because it’s one of the better cards printed in the near past.

Speaking of Rush, I don’t know if it’s actually good, but one of the ETC cards that felt the best was Through Fel and Flames. Play ETC on curve and then surprisemfer.mov

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I´ve quoted exact rules how this works and how it is intended to work. Yes, it is not from official source, but the source is reliable enough to be trusted and here we go after 30 more post there still people trying to argue using funny statements like:

(that one relly made my day, considering the context)

Gosh, I am amazed by sheer stupidity of some posters here and everytime I read these forums I lost a little bit of hope in humanity. Yea, I know that is my problem and I should stop to do that. I am masochist I guess

4 Likes

A 4 mana 5/5 Rush! Not in my fair HS game!

I’m glad some players enjoy it. I don’t.
If I wanted to play sideboards, I would play a different game.

It’s like a mid-game sideboard. It is quite different than a traditional version—far better. It’s almost like Zeph, but you need to know the meta and what your deck needs.

I started HS precisely because it wasn’t MTG.
I think a great many players did.
Now they are turning the game into exactly that.
The simplicity was the whole appeal for many.

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of it either. An extra 4 mana to play a card when you have so much card draw? May as well just put in a draw card for consistency. But I can see certain decks with little draw wanting it—or Highlander.

are you sure ETC mechnic is from MTG

i woudlnt be surprised if it is but the first time i saw something like this was on Eternal

IDRK. I play HS because it doesn’t have sideboards and needless added complexity.
I know little to nothing of MTG, other than it is complicated.
I don’t play any of the newer games for the same reason. they all comes with a learning curve.
HS is simple and straight forward, but as time goes by that becomes less true, as the fundamentals get destroyed in the name of pack sales.

Snap is simpler than HS if you ask me.

1 Like

Oh no!

What about when someone discovers a card they already had in their deck?

1 Like

Read the thread. Already been explained why that line of thinking is wrong.

Weird how I thought it tho, right?

Maybe Im on to something.

If 50 people tell you you have a big head, maybe you have a big head.

(to slow it down for you, If I immediately made that correlation, and others have too, maybe there’s a reason multiple people have said it. Just because a couple people “explained how…blah blah” it just goes to show “we” may have a point, like the one on your head)

1 Like

You asked. It’s been explained. And no, 50 people have not. A lot agree. But I can already tell you are a waste of time.

I still think discover “polluting the deck” with cards that ended up creating duplicates which is against highlander is VERY similar to ETC. In fact they are worse because you need RNG to even GET ETC in the 1st place.

“it’s been explained”… lmfao

by whom?

Some clowns in a garbage forum?

What are your credentials?

It’s literally a discover card.

The card literally includes the keyword “Discover” in the text.

It’s a discover card with a curated discover pool.

This is just flat wrong.

By your logic, any card that discovers a third copy of a common spell breaks the rules or is a loophole.

It’s how this game works.

Nothing to see here.

Get gud and layoff the salt.

We’re doomed.

I keep saying this… but they’re incapable of taking in anything that undermines their take.

Without even a
hint of the irony or a lick or self awareness…

Amazing.

1 Like

so far nobody explained how cards you cant get without playing ETC are in your deck …

1 Like