Hearthstone Progression Update

If you want to reward commited players, bring back duels or come up with another mode where wide collection of cards is relevant. If you grind for gold and packs, you should be rewarded with something you can use it in, not with more gold and packs.

P.S. guys, I think they’re talking about reducing amount of xp, not about reverting “play 10 games” quest.

1 Like

Quoted directly from the article:

1. Reverting Weekly Quests (completion requirements and XP grant amounts) back to what they were prior to Patch 29.2;

I give credit where credit is due. The “loaner deck” and “catch-up packs” were what enticed me back into the fold after close to a decade away from this game. And those were awesome things and they deserve kudos for essentially giving away a near-optimzed deck to returning players.

But I also point blame where blame is deserved. These changes are awful and the entire article is a PR propaganda spin to justify their desire to make more money. That’s what this is, and I don’t blame a for-profit company for caring for profits per se; I just wish they’d be less egregious with their lies regarding it.

Show me one single person who “likes” the idea of forcing “X games won” instead of “X games played.” And I’ll show you one single example of a contrarian posting ironically.

3 Likes

Horrible changes… Goodbye Hearthstone!!!

3 Likes

i don’t support these changes. the changes to quests earlier were good after the adjustments and win 5 is harder than play 10 by a lot for new players.

3 Likes

im suprised you support the changes
i got that because in this forum when is called “Shill” means "he asked me questions"is basically how citrical thinkers are treated here
i dindnt ask any questions this time
and …thats a word peopel use here when someone ask questions or disagrees with them

since i dont like the changes that means…you like them

why?

1 Like

i think im done playing if these changes go live

5 Likes

My honest thoughts:
Changing the 50 gold to packs is a nice change for me personally.

Reverting the xp rewards and quests is a net negative discission. I see no reason why you would need to revert to the old patch in order to make future adjustments. This sounds and feels like “oh we gave them too much xp so lets revert it” to me. The reasoning is not logical at all. People actually like the increase in xp gains.

Changing the standard pack to newest expansion pack is meh to me personally. I never saved up packs and I always lack legendaries and epics from any set so for me personally meh. I can see the logic in why changing this as it is not really good to have people save up a bunch of packs from a company perspective.

So one positive change. One negative change. And one understandable neutral change.
I wish it was more positive than negative/neutral for future updates.

1 Like

You want my feedback? My feedback is that you should leave the quests as they are now instead of giving us less XP.

1 Like

At least be honest. No one asked for this you just want to take another hit to F2P players. Even after you said the $60 skins would make the F2P experience better.

Great job making the casual game less and less casual. I knew this was coming after seeing the requirements for the last 2 events that basically made full rewards no longer obtainable by playing casually. But maybe that’s just me and people would still spend money after the change, who knows, right?