Hearthstone Progression Update

No. Absolutely not. Hearthstone team, you don’t get to just get away with this. These are horrible changes. For everyone.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Sure but it’s not that great for gold(or dust) saving. The usual advice is to mainly optimize pack opening for the LATEST expansion and the rest go in the backburner.

It makes sense for many reasons; e.g. the latest may also get better refunds; e.g. the 1 year old expansions will soon rotate etc.

1 Like

I have to agree… playing 10 games were much better than win 5 in this chaos… changing Tavern Brawl reward is OK tough for me… but not for most of free2play players thats for sure.

2 Likes

The difficulty of the quests is approximately irrelevant to F2P players who play regularly. It’s only about the XP being more or being less. Everyone would complete any quest if they were playing regularly (no more than 30 minutes daily in most cases) and most of the whining about the difficulty was by impatient people or those who don’t play daily.

Please add a way to “wishlist” quest types for certain modes. I don’t play any other modes other than Battlegrounds, so I am always refreshing ones that can’t be done there.

2 Likes

winning 5 games when there isn’t a viable uber aggro / broken combo deck in any meta that like guaranteed wins at like turn 7/8 (heck even turn 10) is going to be way slower than the current playing 10 games where you are able to concede after playing your turn 5 and having it count as a full game played … sure you lose a little more time on queuing up 5 more times, but the length of the games should be pretty quick even if you don’t play the whole game through … 50 turns + 10 queues, vs ??? turns + ??? queues, i’d rather have the guaranteed completion honestly … even if you have a winning deck, most of the stats pages show top decks around 60-ish % win rate, i feel like with that kind of average you are still going to wind up having more total turns, and if you are trying to win having to spend more time on making the correct play than you would playing the extra games … i think if you timed yourself in both scenarios you would see that it is just your boredom taking over and that playing 10 games is actually quicker

2 Likes

I enjoy playing my mediocre homebrew decks, so changing this will negatively impact my enjoyment of the game. Forcing me to use comptitive net decks so I can win more will push me away from spending time playing hearthstone.

2 Likes

Why do you need XP or gold for?

2 Likes

i have two comments about the op:

#1) you know how for the end of a rewards track you can choose a skin? why not just put a “choose” menu after a game of tavern brawl where you can choose a current or standard or wild pack, that way you have all of your bases covered and never have to make a change to your system again … that way your devs can really focus on things that really matter in the game like quality content

#2) speaking of progression systems, have you fixed all of the bugs in the achievements? i’m pretty sure the rag lightlord (friendly fire) and war cache (lootbox!) achievements are still broken (and by that i mean, you haven’t fixed them in the last 10 minutes, i just tested them again and they still don’t work) … i also still have achievements that are timestamped as completed in the future

3 Likes

Why you guys are still wondering ? Liars from company make another one way to decrease collection of cards for free to play players. Be the reach guy, who forgives any their mistake, any badjob, like non gold heropower for Ragna skin or kiddraw flame breath for the new diamond Shudderwock, forgive everything and give them tons of money for overpriced content. Money in their eyes, like in Sponge Bob’s employee Mr. Crab. They can easily save the current big 3000xp rewards and switch only tasks, but they cut rewards to original version. They knew what are they the doing, this trash message makes only for reason to try look nice in eyes of rookies, people who involved in the game for a long time perfectly can smell marked lie. Also ive never seen a guy who dont like current tasks with bigger rewards: reddit, twitter, forum, twitch chat, i want to see that imaginable guy. The irony is that America is about democracy and mostly voices should win, but we have now situation where the game changed for 1 unknown person (money is his name) . Also we now have 11 classes instead 9 but petie timer still the same : 1 leg 100% in each 40th pack , but its should be 1 : 36 with 10 classes and 1 : 32 with 11.

2 Likes

Same, was wondering what moron wanted this reverted back to win games. If it was too tough, even at 10 games, just change to 8 games.

3 Likes

The STANDARD packs being removed from the Brawl is worse than I thought because I didn’t consider something, the packs you bank can be used on a FUTURE expansion too, but now they force you to basically just open them early because there’s no benefit avoiding it; that is coupled with the fact you are forced to NEVER get now old expansions’ cards unless you buy those packs specifically and few want to even start doing that; generally a terrible change for F2P.

1 Like

This is exactly the reason why they are doing it. It honestly surprise me it took them this long.

3 Likes

If you have a pay to win game, not requiring wins to complete quests means people pay less.

3 Likes

After the fiasco of the quest update earlier this year, it’s hard to understand why these changes are being made, as the current system felt mostly fine (i.e., there were no major complaints, and there were even some praise for the quest system).

Are these modifications really for the players? (“aimed at giving players more accessible goals and getting them to new content faster”)

1. Reverting Weekly Quests (completion requirements and XP grant amounts) back to what they were prior to Patch 29.2:

This point reduces the XP for players and changes completion requirements that were actually appreciated. If this change is data-driven, can you show that, due to the previous modifications, new players weren’t able to complete the quests within a week? Until then, it is a loss for both new and older players.

1. Improving the Rewards Track by swapping out five of the early 50 Gold grants for five The Great Dark Beyond Packs, and adding four The Great Dark Beyond Packs to the Tavern Pass:

This essentially swaps 50 Gold for a pack worth 100 Gold, but players lose the freedom to choose which pack they buy. It’s a mixed bag—some may like it, some may not. I’d say it benefits new players more.

1. Updating the regular Tavern Brawl reward pack from a Standard Pack to a pack from the latest expansion:

The stated goal is “giving players more accessible goals and getting them to new content faster,” and this does that. But is it actually better for players (both new and experienced)? We lose a pack that could include cards from all current expansions, in favor of one that only gives cards from the latest expansion. As far as I know, cards from all expansions are still in use, so this makes older cards less accessible—ultimately a disadvantage for newer players. Additionally, once you’ve completed the current expansion, these packs lose their value.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

3 Likes

i do remember many posts asking for a full revert of the quests after the first change

no idea why are they doing it now after people stopped complaining and asking for it

1 Like

^
Blizzard Shill

2 Likes

I agree, some weeks I needed more than 15 games to win 5 games, it was an horror. I don’t want that old quest to return

3 Likes