Hearthstone Progression Update

Hearthstone Progression Update

Game Director Tyler Bielman shares upcoming changes to Quests, Tavern Brawl Rewards, and next expansion’s Rewards Track.

View Full Article

1 Like

'Updating the regular Tavern Brawl reward pack from a Standard Pack to a pack from the latest expansion! ’ Horrific change for Free to Play players. Standard packs are great for catching up AND on new expansion drops you open them to get a headstart Now my experience will worsen as a player. It’s what I do every expansion, what I plan on doing when the new expansion launches. It always provides me with more great cards than if I only opened up the new set packs. Now the tavern brawl will be way worse.

20 Likes

Reverting quests is terrible. The change to play 10 games instead of win 5 games has been fantastic.

18 Likes

Quests are fine now, you are making them worse and you know it but do not care. Win 5 is worse than Play 10 and you will take away xp.
I would say the tavern brawl change is net negative.

6 Likes

This is all just a load of bull.

You’re simply taking away XP!

6 Likes

Well, it will become more difficult for f2p players and that’s sad.

5 Likes

I also find deleting the STANDARD packs in favor of the latest expansion pack weird, because it was the only free option for older expansions still in rotation.

However it’s not clear cut because theoretically we could also buy standard packs manually (who is doing it though (hence unclear)?).

edit: The STANDARD packs being removed from the Brawl is worse than I thought because I didn’t consider something, the packs you bank can be used on a FUTURE expansion too, but now they force you to basically just open them early because there’s no benefit avoiding it; that is coupled with the fact you are forced to NEVER get now old expansions’ cards unless you buy those packs specifically and few want to even start doing that; generally a terrible change for F2P.

3 Likes

Yes, though it’s not very clear cut, because theoretically we could also buy standard packs (with gold I mean).

edit: The STANDARD packs being removed from the Brawl is worse than I thought because I didn’t consider something, the packs you bank can be used on a FUTURE expansion too, but now they force you to basically just open them early because there’s no benefit avoiding it; that is coupled with the fact you are forced to NEVER get now old expansions’ cards unless you buy those packs specifically and few want to even start doing that; generally a terrible change for F2P.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Exp for quests will become much less.

1 Like

Give BOTH a standard AND latest expansion pack as the Brawl reward.

Do it.

12 Likes

I completely agree, this makes it hard to have packs saved up to create full decks on release of the next expansions.

1 Like

Leave these tasks now it’s good don’t go in this direction it will worsen the state of the game which is already bad.
Play 10 games is better easier for new players and me experienced players (for example me).
I don’t know who is responsible for this change but to be released immediately.

5 Likes

Revert this change now instead of in a few months. It’ll save you the apology post where you claim you listened to feedback.

9 Likes

Play games, get gold, buy packs with gold? Doesn’t that work?

1 Like

LOL, you wish… What’s more likely is they’ll ditch Runestones, charge for every Brawl, and make us pay in Bitcoin!

“Rewards Track by swapping out five of the early 50 Gold” This change seems terrible, especially for free-to-play players. Losing out on gold means we’ll have fewer options for spending it the way we want.

Hearthstone was floating in a toilet for a while and I was keeping an eye on it to see how things would go, today is the day to finally flush the toilet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where exactly do you want this feedback you talk about? Here’s mine. You’re absolutely right that the changes made it a chore to finish the quests. But as someone who enjoys BGs more than standard, the quests themselves are just onerous. Play 10 drink spells? That one comes up every 3rd or 4th quest. It wasn’t just a matter of the extended requirements but that so many quests don’t even apply to the game mode I’m playing. I don’t see how changing the brawl reward to current set instead of Std is supposed to be a reward. Was ANYONE asking for that? I disagree with others here though on play 10 vs win 5. Play 10 STD just sucks when you’re a BG player. Win 5 out of STD, Brawl, BGs, etc is preferable.

1 Like

This seems a little early for an April Fools patch guys.
Seriously. Don’t do these changes to Weekly Quests and Tavern Brawl packs.
I have enjoyed not stressing about winning my Ranked Games but just playing them. The reduction of XP and the possibility of doing 10+ games due to losses will be making the experience 10x worse.
Also giving expansion packs instead of standard for tavern brawl has no benefit.

-Concerned Hearthstone Quest Grinder

2 Likes

Say it how it is - you want players to spend more money.

Everything else in your post is BS and straight up lies.

You should be ashamed of yourself tonight when you leave the office.

7 Likes

yeah greedy Bli$$ard is back. players earned more gold and bought lesser packs. so you lie about you listened to feedback and now revert it.
this is so annoying.
but this fits into the whole company behavior. more money don’t care about the players.

6 Likes