Hearthstone only loading top left quadrant of screen

Regardless of windowed mode or fullscreen HS will only load the top left corner of the screen. All game sounds are playing normally and I can also interact with game buttons that will not load visually. Game worked normally yesterday.

An interesting thing I just discovered is that when I tried to take a screenshot of the 1/4 screen is that the screenshot showed a fully normal HS screen.

7 Likes

Exact same issue. This has to do with the latest update today, I played this morning before the release and when I went to play tonight only top left screen shows up after launching the application. As you mentioned the sound indicates that I can interact with the other quadrants of the screen even though they are black.

I am running an RTX 3090 and updated my drivers after encountering the issue to the latest version to no avail. I am on Windows 11 too if that helps narrow down the root cause. Attempting to repair Hearthstone via Battle.net did not help.

1 Like

This is also happening for me. Can’t play the game at all. Definitely from today’s update. Super annoying.

RTX 3080

This is happening to me as well and updating drivers and reinstalling the game did nothing to fix. Only started happening yesterday morning after the update (Nov 2nd).

Ryzen 5900x
RTX 3080

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Have tried changing dpi compatiblity mode to no avail.

1 Like

Same issue after patch, tried repairing, tried re-installing. Checked my drivers. Nothing.

Same issue. I never had any problems with hearthstone until now. I have a 4k monitor, maybe thats what causes the issue?

Yup, same problem here, probably since the patch, I haven’t played Hearthstone on this laptop in a couple weeks.

Same here. Started after the mini-set update. Tried repair, uninstall, reinstall. All drivers are up to date. Dell XPS13 9300. Win 10 Build 19043.1320.

same problem here, have uninstalled reinstalled, updated everything and nothing helped.

I did notice if I lowered my resolution the hearthstone screen would come into full view, but anything over 2560x1440 seems to cause the hearthstone screen to break, 2560x1600 and it reverts back to top left quadrant only - it is absolutely ridiculous that they do not test their patches for common display sizes.

Have to change the display size for your monitor, not within the game to get the game to display properly - of course it makes everything else on your screen wonky.

1 Like

Same Issue here after the Patch can not play the Game at all, could they please fix this annoying Bug.

I can confirm lowering Windows resolution to 2560 x 1440 results in normal display.

I opened a ticket and Blizzard CS response was not helpful at all. They suggested the generic things: stop antivirus software from running, updated drivers/OS and close other applications. If that didn’t work they suggested I update my Razer mouse/keyboard software/firmware.

Who knows if/when they will fix this. Shame on them.

Thanks Todesengel,

Guess I’ll just play on my tablet till its fixed, lowering resolution screws with everything else I’ve set up.

I already have 2560x1440 so thats not a Option for me.

I was able to also resolve this issue while keeping my 4k resolution in Windows by changing scaling in Windows display settings to 100% [it was previously at 125%].

Hope this helps someone else.

2 Likes

OP here, can confirm changing scaling to 100% also fixed the issue on my end.

same issue hope it’s fixed soon. do NOT want to keep scaling at 100% or switch back and forth.

1 Like

Hey all,

We’ve heard reports of this on our end as well and confirmed that messing with scaling settings works around the issue for now at least. Unsure if this is working as intended or not but for the time being this should help you out.

1. Open the Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and clicking the cogwheel
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click on Display.
  4. Under the “Scale and layout” section, use the drop-down menu and select 100%

The issue was escalated a little while ago so if we hear more we’ll let you know.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. 100% scaling fixes it.

Looking forward to a full solution for it.

1 Like

Unsure if this is working as intended or not

Duh, I really really hope you don’t consider changing display scaling to 100% for 160+ DPI (and that’s not so rare in the age we live in) a valid fix and working as intended :laughing:

But well, just another step in the direction Blizz is heading with QM (probably along with everything else) :roll_eyes: