Game lags out upon actions

It seems to happen randomly, but extremely frequently. Either I or my opponent will play a card, or attack with a minion, or something, and the game will lag out entirely and go unresponsive. It also grinds all other internet functions on my computer to a halt. If I alt+tab and go to my internet browser, I can’t even get google to come up. It’s as if Hearthstone is using all of my bandwidth and doing nothing with it. I’m on Windows 7 and have the latest nVidia drivers for my graphics card. This patch is the first one to have this issue. This issue has basically rendered the game unplayable for me as I can be lagging out for 5 seconds or 120 seconds. I have lost games because I have been unable to play any cards after dropping one on the board.

Hey, Esper! It definitely sounds like a bandwidth problem with all connection being lost. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Do you have to restart the computer to reconnect? If so, flushing the DNS may help quickly reconnect in the mean time.

It may also be an issue with mitigation settings. There’s settings within the router/modem that helps mitigate or prioritize the home network traffic, so one device or connection type could have priority over another that can cause packet (data) loss or latency spikes, resulting in a disconnection.

Check for the following settings in the router and disable any that are enabled:

• QoS (Quality of Service)
  • WMM (Wireless Multimedia)
  • UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)

The settings for these can vary from depending on the device model. It’s not something that we help with directly because the settings and locations can vary. The router manufacturer or Internet Service Provider (if the router/modem was provided by them) can help look for these settings.

If disabling these settings doesn’t help, could you gather a WinMTR file until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Well I somehow managed to make it though an entire match without lagging out once. I don’t know why the problem would have resolved itself on its own. Nothing has changed with my router. I am on a wired connection. The only difference from yesterday to today is the new expansion launch. Aside from that, this only became an issue when the expansion patch happened. I’ll post again if the issue returns with the WinMTR log in tow.

Somehow similar problem here, but on iOS. Didn’t checked if internet browser would work as leaving the app for more than 10 sec will have it close (as it won’t refresh due to insufficient RAM I believe for using both web browser and Hearthstone on iPad Air).