Galaxy note S Pen not working

For well over a month the S pen no longer works properly in hearthstone with zero acknowledgement from anyone. You cannot click and drag cards or hold the S pen down on cards to enlarge them. It’s been this way since the initial Battlegrounds update and it’s infuriating. Please let me know if there is a fix or at least acknowledge it’s being worked on. Thanks

6 Likes

Hey, MostlyWater! I wanted to confirm with you that this is a known issue with the Galaxy Note S Pen. Our team is tracking and aware of the issue. We’ve replicated the issue on our end and confirmed the issue, but due to the complexity of this being an engine issue, it may be some time until this is fully resolved.

For visibility, I’ll be adding this over on our Known Technical Issues thread for everyone running into this issue. I’ll try and update if we have any more information on this issue as they come :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’m glad it’s being looked at and hopeful that the issue is resolved sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I have the same problem with the latest note 10+

This is still an active issue and I haven’t forgotten about it! I am checking for any updates or new information, but nothing new as of today. Our patch notes should update when the issue is fixed, since this is currently listed on our known bug list here!

I’ll do my best to update here as well! Thanks again for your continued reports :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 months have passed since you said that this is a “known” issue; that you replicated it at your end; and that it looks like it’s a complex problem since it is an engine issue. Why after all this time there is no solid update on it? Is there a progress at all? As i am working in technical support environment and come in contact with customers i always avoid as much as possible to say that i got no updates, because it triggers the feeling that nothing is done yet. I don’t want to sound harsh or braggy (and i apologise if this is the perception that i created) but let’s be honest, there are almost 4 months since the problem appeared, and there is no sign of a fix coming in the near future.

7 Likes

Just got the new note 10 and was SO disappointed the pen doesn’t work! Works with all other games, even cheap ones. Come on hearthstone! We love you, please fix!

3 Likes

Has there been an update o this issue yet?

1 Like

We are soon reaching half a year since the problem appeared, yet there is no solid update on this. At this point i worry that you guys gave up on correcting this issue. I mean it is clear that this has low to 0 priority since there is no update/ patch for this in so much time. So if it has no importance to you guys, and it’s complex as you mentioned previously, I can pretty much forsee how this will just go unsolved for a lot more time.

2 Likes

Same here. Waiting on a fix or at least update. Any day now, right?

2 Likes

I have this same problem on Galaxy Note 9 approximately since november. Before november, it worked perfectly. It’s so annyoing. I already wrote it down in Play Store. Of course not a single answer was given. FIX THIS, because we have spent a lot of money on this game and phone yet. We deserve much better support than this. I “love” that they can sex up everything easily, then it takes months to fix it (if they ever will fix it). Pathetic. There is also a reddit post about this SPen bug

2 Likes

Hopefully they fix it in the new expansion? It worked perfectly before, I’m even considering trying an IPad with their stylus. Hearthstone with a stylus just feels better than a mouse for some reason.

1 Like

Same problem here. I would love to use the spen while play hearthstone. Looking forward for a fix. All te best for the team.

2 Likes

Any update at all about this issue? Staff?

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s an update above you:

1 Like

Yes, it says the patch notes will update when it’s fixed.
What I think everyone wants to know is how close is this to being fixed.
Is anything being done?

3 Likes

Same problem here. Please fix it. Is so frustrating.

3 Likes

Hey all,

We understand that this is an annoying issue to run into, but in Technical Support we can only provide troubleshooting for issues. Since this is a confirmed game client bug, we have no further information that we can provide. You’ll want to keep an eye on patch notes and the known issue thread for updates.

2 Likes

I have no idea why I have this pen. Just pita really. Apparently I could play HS until they broke it.

2 Likes

So I was thinking its been an isolated HS issue before they posted here about this being an engine issue, and the engine in question here is Unity.

Now I know that CDPR has used Unity as well in the past and if you try to play Gwent with the S pen it does have the same issue. Using a pen is wonky to say the least… And the same goes for LoR, fine in the menus and borked once you go into the actual game.

So my guess is that this is a Unity wide issue and until they fix it there it won’t be fixed here. If I’m not too lazy I might test this myself with a simple unity app to make sure, I’ll post update here if I, do.

2 Likes