Frost Lich Jaina is OP and desperately needs nerfing

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Hearthstone, which I realize puts me far behind as far as deck strength goes. I don’t know any of the terminology and the game itself is daunting to get in to, which is partly the reason I never have even though it interests me.
I’ve been a pretty competent player for the most part and even though I lose more than I win, I have still managed to increase my rank steadily.
The problem that I’ve run in to is with this specific card, Frost Lich Jaina. I’ve dealt with many cards that seemed OP at the the time but I can accept their implementation. This card though, this card is seriously broken. It’s gotten to the point that if someone plays it, I just auto concede. There is no beating it and it’s current status in the game punishes new players.
I am sure other people have complained about this and my first instinct was to submit a complaint directly to the developers but Blizzard directed me here so inb4 gitgud. What follows is a quick rant to express my frustration. Excuse me.
NERF FROST LICH JAINA. MAKE HER HERO POWER SUMMON A GLACIAL SHARD WITH LIFESTEAL INSTEAD OF A WATER ELEMENTAL OR SUMMON A WATER ELEMENTAL WITH NO LIFESTEAL. ALL ELEMENTALS HAVING LIFESTEAL IS A COMPLETE GARBAGE IDEA.

2 Likes

It rotates in like a week.

8 Likes

As Illidari above said, the card is rotating along with the rest of Year of the Mammoth cards very soon. Jaina has been regarded as one of the more powerful DKs for a while, and will be leaving the format alongside a multitude of even more problematic cards and archetypes. Asking for a nerf at this point in time is sort of an exercise in futility.

2 Likes

Just around 2 weeks :P, can say i will be pretty happy when it’s gone though.
But nerfing it right before it goes to wild would’nt really do much because wild has more oppresive cards/combinations than standard.

FLJ is quite powerful; however,…

Compared to the other cards that were released with or right after FLJ it has *never fueled a tier 1 deck and even, tbh, had issues fueling a high-end tier 2 deck. FLJ was fine for the meta it was introduced into and for that reason will also probably never be much of an issue in Wild.

FLJ is fine as it is for Standard the past 5 expansions and Wild

3 Likes

It always amazes me how everyone complains about Jaina, but Gul’dan summoning 7 Voidlords/Doomguards? Meh, that’s well balanced!

7 Likes

My theory is that Gul’dan’s Doomguards often finish put the match, making it a quicker, easier event for them to forget.

Jaina slowly plays the value hame once she’s down, letting you think you might have a chance until you draw out the last card in your deck and realize she’s still at full HP.

Trauma.

4 Likes

That’s usually my response whenever someone calls out this DK.

If Frost Lich Jaina is giving you problem, ho boy, you haven’t seen anything yet!

1 Like

A lot of players have been frustrated with Death Knights in general. The top three are:

Frost Lich Jaina - excellent tempo

Guldan - Demon Resurrection with targetable lifesteal/damaging hero power

Death Knight Rexxar - infinite value and can high roll

ALL the death knights will be rotating in a week or two and might I suggest looking into HSReplay to track your matches? For mobile players, it is the Arcane Tracker app in the store.

1 Like

this dude has not responded to any replys he is new as well doesnt understand the cycle of cards going out, but yeah like the rest of ppl have said it won’t be an issue in standard format in two weeks any if the topic creator thinks mage dk is bad he will rage quit vs warlock dk or hunter dk xD

1 Like

As lykotic said Jaina hasn’t been part of a tier one deck ever, and her conditional elemental has been outclassed by dk rexxars build beasts and ability to be drawn by tracking, played earlier, better early game etc for a long time now.

2 Likes

Frustration happens to us all at some point or another. But you said it yourself, you are a new player, learning to deal with strong strategies is a big part of the game, reading your post, it seems to me that you do not change your strategy one she drops into the field, you do not adapt your own strategy and you are never going to win like that. Instead of conceding try playing out until you find a weakness, try to have a plan against her (saving cards and tricks) as soon as the game begins. She is very powerful, but as mentioned above by many others, it is possible to beat. Don’t give up man!

1 Like

FLJ, Gul’dan and Rexxar is busted.
And I think Gul’dan was the one who got the most hate for a while when Cubelock was super strong.

1 Like

Anduin too. Reza priest won’t be forgotten

Said the 5 year necromancer.

6 Likes

I read the thread title and thought I slipped into an alternate timeline, lol.

6 Likes

I was thoroughly confused.

DKs are back?!?

Especially considering I saw Ragnaros a couple days ago and double checked I was playing Standard.

Wasn’t he HOF’d?!

THE MIND GAMES!!!

1 Like

I was confused too. Frost Lich Jaina is a slow card and slow cards don’t fit into the current design philosophy so wouldn’t even be played let alone be “OP”.

2 Likes

I remember when we were whining about the death knight hero cards like that back in the black and white era. FLJ was pretty ridiculous back then and guldan was kinda silly. The real stupid ones were Hunter and Druid.

1 Like

It will rotate out. If you play Standard, you won’t have to deal with the card again. She is way too slow in Wild.

1 Like