Forced 2nd place in Battlegrounds?

This sounds like we wont get our achievement which we lost to the bug :frowning:

They should give us the achievments… we are not fighting months for a specific achievment to not get it properly when we should… no reason to play the game then… Imagine how much time it takes to get 1st place with Khael’thas… about 8% to play with him, another 8% to win the game, so its about 0,64% per game to get the achievment… calculating with 15 minutes per game (when you win it could be much more) it’s around 150*15=2250 minutes which is 37,5 hours… I wont play full time heartstone for a week to get this achievment again… So blizzard should check these games carefully and give everyone the achievments…

Had the same like 5mn ago

Just had this same but myself as J Barov with a full board of poisonous murlocs with beefy stats 1 with divine shield windfury and had 30 hp. (Next to no chance I was going to lose the next fight) Forced me 2nd place after defeating 3rd place. Shame to see no blue replies in this topic is there a linked topic elsewhere?

I wanna see a blue post as well, this is the biggest bug in Blizzard’s history… I dont remember anything game-changing like this… I literally dont play the game now… no reason to fight for achievments this way…

Same thing. Seems a lot of people are having this issue, see this post for additional folks having the same problem.

same thing happened here. I was playing patches. I had huge pirates. golden salty, golden amalgamadon, golden eliza, golden ripsnarl. and somehow i was forced to second place. so frustrating. why is that?

The bug has struck again, I was playing as A. F. Kay with a pretty decent Element comp going had just defeated the person who was in 3rd place and heading back to the tavern when it decides you came in 2nd.

Now I normally shrug things off but this happening when trying super hard to get I’m guessing one of the hardest 2 BG achievements: brb & Idol Idol as A. F. Kay it really sucks.

Edit: Not sure if this helps much but my last minion standing was Amalgadon which let me finish the person off in 3rd. I would have faced Mr. Bigglesworth whom I know I would have been able to beat.

Just experienced this bug playing as George. Final 3, I lost a round against the 2nd place player and was queued to play him again, finding that odd. I managed to win the next two rounds and ended with a 2nd place finish with Millhouse stuck in 1st for the last 3 rounds playing against neither of the active players.

Same issue here. Given 2nd place after defeating all other active players in the lobby. Sir Finley stuck in 1st.

Blizzard, when will you fix this issue? It’s been around for a month and it is a problem for a lot of people. :frowning_face:
I am experiencing this issue quite often as well. Just happened to me again.

1 Like

Same thing… 3 players, I beat the guy in second. Never played the guy in first, game ended without ever playing the last match. Seems like there is a pretty big bug in the win condition logic. I’ll add that I was also on Desktop at the top (I’ve haven’t had this happen in mobile yet)

Similar issue just happened to me i never play the player on the 1rst place and when i defeated the 3rd player in game i got 2nd place (two of us left) without final battle. Got this on Android phone.

Same. I was third, beat the person in second, and was given 2nd before the tavern. Person in first was tavern tier 2 with 36 health left.

Same :weary: just now. Not pleased.

Same again… Can finally Blizz do something, we raise this about a month now

1 Like

Guy was named Boss, he was Barov, DC’ed in first round, won with full HP…

I got the same thing twice now, and here’s what I noticed:
What happens is someone picks Zephrys, and another picks Aranna. The Zephrys then becomes AFK. Throughout the game it will say they ONLY fought Aranna, took 10 damage each time. BUT their health is permanently at 30, they never leave level 1, never have a streak, never have any triples, and NEVER even have a single card! When you get to the end of the game (as I did, and have screenshots of) if Zephrys is still present the game will just end - you’ll never get to fight him, and he’ll automatically get 1st place. If Aranna is still around at this point, she will automatically get 2nd and you cannot face her either.

Again this has happened to me now twice with the same exact scenario and same characters

Just happened to me either. An A.F.Kah player who was frozen at 32health and never went down. Tavern 1 the whole time, always shown facing the same opponent (rafaam) and taking the same amount of damage.
When I got to face the afk there was no minion, was shown as kel thuzad etc…
And in the end after beating the rafaam I got granted 2nd place without fighting for the first one.

Happened to me again!
beat the 3rd place and was about to go up to face the leader who was still tier 1 about turn 11-12, but instead I insta ended as 2nd place.