[Fire HD 10] Unable to update

When starting hearthstone it.loads to a pop up that says to go the store to start download. When you click the link to go to the store, there is no install option just open. When you press open hearthstone loads back to the pop up that says to go the store to download. I have reset the device, uninstalled and reinstalled several times and am still stuck in this loop. Please help!

7 Likes

same thing here. Ive posted on some other topics but I figure i’ll post here too just to show its not an isolated thing

5 Likes

Same for me. Guess they broke it for Amazon devices? :frowning:

4 Likes

Also the same. Going on at least 24 hours now

4 Likes

12 hours later. Still not working. Same stupid loop. Come on Blizzard, really?

3 Likes

Just ran into this myself. Game isn’t even in the Amazon appstore. I really hope some progress and also compensation will be made quickly. I’ve been playing since launch and this very disappointing.

5 Likes

Day 3, same thing no attempt to make amends, not addressed, not even a blip on Blizzard’s radar. My weekend is almost over thanks for nothing…again

3 Likes

It’s nice to know us mobile users matter…

2 Likes

Same thing in Germany. Update doesn’t load. Search in amazon appstore doesn’t show Hearthstone at all.

2 Likes

I mainly use my Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10 for playing Hearthstone. With the latest update, the game said the usual “Let’s go to the store for the download”, but doesn’t redirect me to the store page for Hearthstone. In fact, if I try searching either the Amazon Appstore or Google Play Store for Hearthstone, it’s like the game doesn’t exist. It doesn’t show up at all.

After this, I tried accessing the store page through the browser version of Play Store, but it gives me the message “Your device isn’t compatible with this version”. Same thing when I try to go to the product page on Amazon Appstore through my browser: it shows that my device isn’t compatible with Hearthstone, even though it has worked just fine before.

I really hope this is just a temporary error because the patch hasn’t yet hit the store or something?

TL;DR: Hearthstone doesn’t show up at all for me on Amazon Appstore or Google Play Store.

6 Likes

I have the same issue with my fire 10 tablet. Cant download the update from amazon app store. If you look the appstore has been updated and its there and talks about the new mini set but the download doesnt work. It was also failing from google store on my s10 all day yesterday but this morning it did work there. Pretty sad that its 24 hours later and you cant play the game.

5 Likes

I just purchased the mini set and the Fire HD 10 is the main way I play Hearthstone. I was stuck in an endless loop. I unistalled hoping to re-install and now I do not see the app on Amazon. I just spent money on the game I am hoping there is a fix for this.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

With the latest Hearthstone patch (20.4) the system requirements for Android have indeed changed. The new requirements are Android 7.0 (Nougat) / Fire OS 6.0 or later

Fire HD 10 users that are experiencing issues, what OS version does your device show and how much RAM does the device have?

The Google Play Store and Amazon App Store will only display apps that are compatible with your device, so if it was previously compatible and no longer compatible you may not be able to update.

1 Like

This does not make me happy. Hearthstone is not a graphics intense game. I am running Fire OS 5.6.8 which was just updated in Jan 2021 2 GB of RAM, this was working great, actually better than my android phone. This is extremely disappointing. It sounds like you no longer want those of us using an amazon tablet to play Hearthstone anymore. I am not going to run out and buy a new device just to play this game, which was working just fine up until a week ago.

5 Likes

I believe the only devices that run OS6 are Fire TVs which couldn’t play HS anyway. All the amazon tablets run on OS5. If I am correct on this you have just made HS unplayable on any amazon device.

6 Likes

You have to be kidding me. This is unbelievable.

I’m also running Fire OS 5.6.8., since that is the latest update available. I have 2 GB of RAM, which is the minimum requirement, and the game has been working just fine before. I’d like to hear the justification for these “updated system requirements”. How do you justify removing all support for the game on virtually all Amazon tablets, when they can run the game just fine?

If I’d known this would happen, I never would have bought this tablet, since I mainly use it for Hearthstone anyway. I’m very disappointed.

4 Likes

IS there a provision for refunding that wailing caverns stuff I just spent money on? If i can’t play the game on my Kindle anymore, that is kind of a waste that you asked for my money without telling me I wouldn’t be able to use my kindle anymore.

5 Likes

I’m running Fire OS 5.6. But the real question here is why are we being punished because we’re running an older OS? What are you going to do about this? It isn’t right or fair that Blizzard is excluding so many players!

3 Likes

Is there additional news? Is Blizzard going to fix this issue?
Fire OS 5.6.8 is the 7th Gen update for OS 6.0 I have looked this up on Amazon support. Rather than calling it 6.0 for 7th Gen tablets they called it 5.6.8 which is on their support site. I feel like a number of us are being punished because we have 2 companies that are not on the same page at the moment.

4 Likes

Of course it won’t be addressed. They “replied” already.

2 Likes