[Fire HD 10] Unable to update

Might as well flush our tablets down the toilet. Gotta love hardware from 2017 being unsupported already.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been playing this game for years and now I cantā€¦would you care to refund all the money Iā€™ve spent you idiotic rip off merchants.
Whatā€™s worse is no warning what so everā€¦
Idiots!

2 Likes

Hello. I am a PC Hearthstone user who is going on a flight soon and I own a Fire HD 10 (9th generation) that I wanted to install Hearthstone on. Today I installed Hearthstone on my Fire and it wouldnā€™t open. I get to the load screen but get a system popup that says ā€œConnection error An unknown error occurred connecting to Amazon Appstore.ā€ After many Google searches I found your comment here and realized I wasnā€™t updated, but even after updating to Fire OS 7.3.1.9, the latest at this moment, the problem is still exactly the same. The device does have 2GB RAM.

2 Likes

6 years of daily gaming and scrounging for money to pay you scumbags. Collection is now worthless. I hope your god damn company eats it own tail. Your company has screwed me outta every game I play. Prove me wrong and make this right for onceā€¦please

3 Likes

So who do I speak to about getting back the $30 Iā€™ve spent on a game I can no longer play because of YOUR screw up?

6 Likes

Is this going to be fixed? We had no warning and I recently purchased a large supply of amazon coins to spend on packs and the expansions and now I cant log in tot he game to purchase themā€¦ I also cant get into the game to play the content I have paid for. I have used this device to play hearthstone for a while. This was changed without any warning and it was changed so that NO amazon tablets can play the game not just older out of date ones.

5 Likes

Since the latest patch, the game is no longer compatible with my phone and tablet.

Before that, everything ran smoothly.
Mobile Samsung A5 year 2015 (Andruid current but higher than 6.0 probably not possible).
Tablet Fire 10 HD 7th generation

On both HS is no longer playable and not at all compatibiel.

I hope that this bug is fixed quickly, because both devices ran fine before. If the game is no longer playable on the phone and tablet then I can no longer play HS.

2 Likes

Hello? We still want answers. 5.6 IS the latest OS for tablets. Are you going to fix this or reimburse us? This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Where are you seeing 5.6 is the latest for Fire tablets? Mine is on 7.3 now, I wonder if you have a way to get to the newer one?

Either way, Iā€™m not sure this is even the problem, Iā€™m on 7.3 and also canā€™t load the game anymore, app tells me to update, store only gives me the ā€œopenā€ option, stuck in the loop. Sighā€¦

1 Like

Because on my tablet when I checked the OS it was 5.6 and it updated in January of this year. Blizzard said that Hearthstone wonā€™t run on anything below 6.0 but none of us have 6.0 so we got borked.

1 Like

The new requirements are Android 7.0 (Nougat) / Fire OS 6.0 or later

So what gives? People are reporting here that more recent generation Fire tablets that run Fire OS 7.3 are still unable to update. Are they supported or not?

1 Like

Spektre, you probably have a 2019 version, the 2017 Fire 10, which is only 3-4 years old, still relatively new, is running 5.6.8.
Travesty, We see Blizzard is stating 6.0 But on Amazon support site, the Tablets went from 5.6.8 to 7.3 The 2017 Fire Tablets do not Run 6.0 Amazon skipped 6.0 on their Tablets and went from 5.6.8 directly to 7.3

Dudes, I m on Android (Note 10 +) with the Android 11 OS and I can t play the game. This is going on for some days nowā€¦

2 Likes

I was considering getting an 11th gen Fire 10 on Prime Day, but since it seems to be ambiguous whether it can run HS, I didnā€™t want to risk pulling the trigger. So I guess still no more Hearthstone for me.

1 Like

I have the 9th gen Fire HD. OS 7. somethingā€¦

Seems like this meets all the min reqsā€¦ So why Doesnā€™t this work? This doesnā€™t seem good at all. Blizzard needs to comment on this further.

2 Likes

You have people in this thread saying that are on a later version of the fire OS and its still not working. Keep in mind that 90% or more of the fire tablets amazon has out in the wild are on OS 5. Its possible the blizzard dev team assumed that amazon was rolling out current OS patches to all devices but that isnt the case. The newest update from blizzard has basically made HS unplayable on any amazon device and yet you still make and app for it. Please have the dev team look at this. They need to change the requirement to OS 5. Until at least amazon decides to roll OS 6 or something higher to their tablet line.

3 Likes

Due to technical changes the minimum requirements needed to be raised for Hearthstone on Android. As mentioned previously the new requirement is Fire OS 6 for Amazon tablets.

The model / year of the Fire HD 10 tablet will determine which Android / Fire OS version you can upgrade to. This is determined by Amazon.

Original Fire HD 10 (2015) shipped with Fire OS 5
Fire HD 10 (2017) shipped with Fire OS 5.3
Fire HD 10 (2019) shipped with Fire OS 7
Fire HD 10 (2021) ships with Fire OS 7

If your tabletā€™s Fire OS version meets the requirements but you are still unable to update the app, please feel free to try the steps in our mobile install troubleshooting article here.