F2P and Galakrond's Awakening

So I just realized that the next solo adventure will add 35 new cards in standard and I was wondering : wtf blizzard ?

I guess that tombs of whatever adventure didn’t do well (it is strange that people are reluctant to buy something that was free before), so you decided to add standard cards in your next one.

So now, we HAVE to buy 3 expansions AND 3 adventures per year ? Where will it stop blizzard ?

And what about F2P players who can barely play the game right now ? How will they keep up with 2800 less golds each expansion ?

Are you trying to kill your own game ? I seriously don’t get it, the game is clearly slowing down because of its business model and your great idea is to charge us more ? What the actual f**k ?

17 Likes

You seem quite outraged over something we haven’t had any official confirmation on. Yes, there’s a new adventure coming, and yes, it will include 35 new cards. There is no indication that these new cards will require the adventure, as far as I could tell. They could very well be introduced to the game in the same way the Wild-only cards were.

Unless you have any news about the expansion that isn’t in the official site?

2 Likes

Do you really think that blizzard will give us 35 new collectible cards for free ?

And I mean, why would they not communicate on the fact that they are giving us 35 new cards for free ? Why the fuzziness around this information ? It makes no sense.

6 Likes

F2P does not mean free 2 have access to 10 different deck each expansion.

Also, as an adventure lover I miss the times where adventure gave unique rewards not just cardbacks or cardpacks. So I welcome the return of something meaningful attached to them.

8 Likes

FYI I play HS since closed beta and I spend around 150 € per year on the game. I also have a F2P account and and I don’t see how I will manage to keep up with 2800 less golds per expansion.

If you ask me, I was really unhappy when they shifted their business model by replacing the adventures with full expansions as it made the game way more expensive (from ~100 € per year to ~150 €).

If we have to buy adventures to keep up in standard/wild, that will increase the bill to ~200 € per year.

What wonderful feature does justify a 100% pricing increase in this game ?

5 Likes

so your answer to this questions is

NO

so you are outraged about something that exists in your head …

thats not healthy why not wait until we know more ?

No? But I also don’t know that buying the adventure is the only way of getting these cards. How do you know you won’t be able to craft them? Or get them off regular DoD packs once the adventure comes out?

It makes perfect sense. They don’t want to release specific information on the adventure piecemeal, just small teasers to keep people interested. Once they’re ready to release all information about it, they will. All at once, like they’ve done with every other adventure I’ve seen.

1 Like

No? But I also don’t know that buying the adventure is the only way of getting these cards. How do you know you won’t be able to craft them? Or get them off regular DoD packs once the adventure comes out?

Historically, you cannot craft adventure cards but even so, what would it change it we could craft them or open them in DoD Packs ?

I have alreay opened 150 DoD packs so I would have to use the golds or dust I’m saving for the next expansion. Which means that I will have less of those for the next one.

It makes perfect sense. They don’t want to release specific information on the adventure piecemeal, just small teasers to keep people interested. Once they’re ready to release all information about it, they will. All at once, like they’ve done with every other adventure I’ve seen.

No, the only thing that makes sense is that they will charge us for these 35 cards. And then, all the fanboyz shills that doesn’t care because they don’t mind buying what used to be free (solo adventures) will defend this new price increase in these forums.

2 Likes

Historically, Blizzard didn’t buff cards. Historically, Wild cards didn’t rotate back to Standard. This year has had a lot of things done differently, so there’s no reason to assume this can’t be one of them.

Assuming you need the new cards. Which you don’t know yet, because we don’t know what the cards are, or how they will affect the meta. You don’t see a lot of people out there playing Zayle decks, after all.

Just because only one thing makes sense to you, it doesn’t make it true you know. Or even make it make sense to others.

But hey, you do you dude. I’m sure history will prove you right.

So it’s not just this expansion that adds 35 extra cards in the adventure, but every future expansion as well?
I’d love to see a link to the source of that exciting news!

The cards will definitely only be available through the adventure. Old adventure cards weren’t craftable when they were in Standard, and I doubt they would change that for this one.

2 Likes

Why would activision-blizzard pressure us for more money ? That doesn’t make any sense !

I’m sure that the previous adventure broke sales records and adding standard cards to the formula is just a way to reward us more ! How kind of them.

We really should thank them and hope that they will do it again and again.

What ? New players can’t adapt to a meta composed of cards from 6 expansions and 6 adventures ? Well I’m sure they won’t give up, hearthstone is such a thriving game.

3 Likes

I’ve already replied to this point:

Now, if you can point me towards a Blizzard statement specifically saying “these 35 new cards can ONLY be obtained by buying the adventure” that would be swell. Otherwise, it’s all fanfiction.

1 Like

So, no link then?
I guess the news is just your theory?

You’re going to be wrong but okay.

1 Like

I’m a F2P player, I have no issue playing the game. It’s really easy to keep up if you don’t impulse craft stupid stuff.

It also helps if you actually enjoy playing and aren’t just playing for the grind.

1 Like

“After you earn a card, you’ll also have the option to craft the golden version.”

Direct quote from the new Galakrond’s Awakening article on the official site. The cards are only earnable through the adventure, and the goldens have to be crafted, just like the old adventures.

2 Likes

Guess I was wrong. :man_shrugging:

Instead of fixing Tombs of Terror they just made the new adventure mandatory for constructed :grinning:

It’s no surprise that the last adventure didn’t sell because it was garbage. None of the devs play their game. They have no clue.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the solo content. It makes Standard seem balanced. Today they showed us four of the cards in this adventure and they include a Mage hero card (Reno). It’s obviously going to be useful to Highlander Mage, which I have started to play. Don’t want to be made to pay for and then grind solo content that I have zero interest in. What were the developers thinking?

1 Like