F2P and Galakrond's Awakening

It could have been worse. Old adventures required decks to beat the bosses. Galakrond’s Awakening provides them for you.

I get some people don’t like the solo content, but they haven’t done this since 2016 and other people like me have missed this type of content. Plus the adventure is way better value for cards than 2800 gold would be for packs.

If you pay 700 gold for each chapter, it’s free, you get the cards for beating the bosses…

1 Like

They won’t change it. You just have the usual blizzard bootlickers in here defending everything they do.

4 Likes

this garbage is starting to really cross the line since that thread here that happened on reddit asking how much are you willing to pay for expansion it’s getting out of fcking hand.

I guess you can’t craft the adventure cards either? you’re forced to buy the adventure if you want the cards…

great business model going forward on 2020 dev’s.

4 Likes

Well, I have no means to run the game right now, but I think adventure cards are craftable too and I think it will be the case with the new adventure too. Just not sure if there will be some rule like “finish the adventure to unlock the cards to be crafted”. Maybe, there is such a rule for the old adventures already?

For the old adventures, the rules WAS that golden and regular copies became craftable after you unlocked the card in the adventure. Without playing the adventure there was no way to get those cards.
Upon rotation to wild of the adventures, the cards became regularly craftable to everyone, probably mostly because at that time there was simply no way to buy the adventures if you had not bought at least one wing already.

I’m not sure what will happen with this adventure, but so far it looks like it’s back to the old system.

No, you have to first EARN the regular cards through the adventure to be able to craft the golden version.

You need to buy it to get these cards, you can’t craft the non-golden version.

1 Like

After some reading, it seems to be the rule for “standard” adventure. “Wild” can be crafted without buying. Remains to be seen how it will work for the new Adventure.
Anyway, lets just hope the new cards are not critical for winning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m waiting to see if any card will be game changers in wild…

1 Like

Just like MMORPG, I wonder if all card games are losing player base overall.

I noticed that all card games are not balanced.
The obvious is that the player goes first always has an advantage with an aggro deck. (Of course, Rogue wants go second.)

I am disappointed with mature card games, such as MTG and YuGiOh.
They are not balanced.

1 Like

It’s 4900 gold not 2800.

Yep, that’s what really pisses me off about this adventure. It’s one thing to have an expansion and an adventure in the same season. Charging 75% more gold for the adventure makes it effectively pay only.

1 Like

Vendetta is wrong, it’s 2800 gold, not 4900.

2 Likes

Ya turns out it is 2800 gold after all. You get both league of explorers and league of evil wings when you purchase a chapter for 700 gold. I’ll happily admit I was wrong.

Introducing these additional paywalls (gold or real money) for f2p must clearly not be affecting their overall player numbers so there’s really no incentive for a change of direction on pricing/monetisation.

Runeterra being a success and providing actual competition is the only hope left imho.

This comment did not age very well.

1 Like

I disagree. Just because I was wrong on the specifics here doesn’t mean my broader point was incorrect: getting all worked up over what you think Blizzard will do (as opposed to what they actually do) is stupid.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but they will never get another dime from me until they change their pricing model and balance this POS game.

Gonna try Runeterra too?

Riot games launching a new card game while blizzard is increasing hearthstone’s pricing ? Yes please.

4 Likes