Duplicate Legendary Issue: Blademaster Samuro & Mankrik

With Forged in the Barrens Pre-Release weekend coming up we wanted to share a quick update on an issue we’ve discovered which affects how two new Legendary cards, Mankrik and Blademaster Samuro, are acquired.

As a reminder, Mankrik will be available to everyone for free at level 1 on the Forged in the Barrens Rewards Track, and Diamond Blademaster Samuro will be available at level 1 on the Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass. However, Forged in the Barrens card packs opened before visiting the Reward Track, and during Pre-Release weekend, can contain Blademaster Samuro or Golden Mankrik (in place of another Legendary card).

To address this, full Dust refunds will be available for the week following Pre-Release, this applies to golden Mankrik, non-golden Blademaster Samuro, and golden Blademaster Samuro.

28 Likes

this is great news! thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Idk does this mean everyone who opens these actually get to pick the cards they would have opened instead (full dust refund) >???

Might have to do a pre release opening or not :o

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what that means. golden mankirk or samuro would be an amazing thing to open in a pack.

3 Likes

Turning a potential negative into a positive!

Now there’s a reason to open packs pre-release, because the dust refund is basically a free legendary of your choice :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I wanted to dust the Diamond Samuro :pensive:

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re not the only one

1 Like

Yeah Samuro and Mankrik are basically wild cards. Awsome.

So if we pull a normal mankrik we don’t get a full dust refund?

2 Likes

You can’t pull a normal Mankrik since he is the free legendary that everyone gets as the first reward on the new Reward Track. His normal version is just not going to be available from packs at all.

3 Likes

For the two legendary golden cards we will get from the preorder, if we got a Samuro, can will still full dust it?

1 Like

pretty sure they don’t distinguish WHERE you got the card from.

Golden Mankrik, regular and golden Samuro, available for full dust refund, for the first week, like as if they were nerfed.

Did you pull Samuro? Hold it until first week of expansion. Claim your Diamond version and dust the golden for full refund.

1 Like

I am not sure, based on it said “full Dust refunds will be available for the week following Pre-Release”. :slight_smile:

To answer any doubt if you pull golden or non golden Samuro and golden Mankrik from bundle.

NEW I want to buy the Tavern Pass, but what if I get Blademaster Samuro as one of my Pre-Purchase Legendary drops?

• We put in protections to make sure none of your Pre-Purchase Legendary drops are wasted. Diamond Blademaster Samuro is uncraftable, and no version of Blademaster Samuro will drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary. Normal and Golden Blademaster Samuro can still be found in packs or crafted – so if you plan to purchase the Tavern Pass, do so and claim Blademaster Samuro before opening packs!
  • Normal Mankrik is free on the Reward Track at level 1 and uncraftable. Mankrik won’t drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary or drop from packs. Golden Mankrik can still be found in packs or crafted.

source: https: //playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23609768/rewards-track-refresh-and-diamond-cards

I just watched Dekkster open a normal mankrik

On my first pack, I unpacked non-golden Samuro, so there is 1600 dusts waiting for me on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

Id open golden Samuro, and when looking for disenchant there is no full Dust refund! Can we expect any update?

I think you will only get it if you buy the Battle Pass, which is what give him to you for free.

Try restarting the app to see if refreshes the data. I do not have the Tavern Pass but see full dust value for both non-golden and golden Blademaster Samuro.

This affects a small segment of the player base, but in the future could you make golden legendaries from the preorder bundle or ones opened in packs not include ANY cards made available in diamond rarity? I happened to get a golden Bru’kan as a prepurchase golden legendary. I would have preferred crafting a normal Bru’kan or opening it in a pack rather than receive that as my preorder golden immediately since it comes in diamond rarity anyway. I understand for diamond Bru’kan I would need to own a regular/golden version of it anyway, but I would have liked to have any other golden legendary instead because I actually like collecting them and value them at 3200 dust.