Does Arbor up needs a nerf? What would it be?

Forest Aid’s bad. Clogs your hand vs aggro and is nigh’ useless against good control players. Mirrors are not supposed to ‘last’ 8 turns and onward.

No, Goru helps in those matchups very noticeably. Especially when ramped into. Druid’s 2/2s feel kinda helpless against Priests in any decent mmr, but a timely Goru increases Druid’s chances so Pyro and re-discovered AoE can’t really screw the deck over.

1 Like

By the time Goru’s having an effect, though, you’ll be combating an army of RNG-generated spells with a potential Soul Mirror and Plague of Death in the mix.

You want to end it on turn 5 or 6.

Completely agree. I just don’t see how this deck competes without Goru at high tiers. This one card makes you competitive against a bunch of decks and I’m not seeing a replacement that eclipses that value. Plus, it’s amazing that you get the benefit as it’s played forever so you’re not open to being devastated by a priest steal.

What kinda slow token decks are you guys playing? I usually win on turn 1, 2 or 3 (so to speak).

I believe the typical debate is whether to swap Goru for a Treenforcement.

It’s working well for me as a one-of. That said, I’m not legend, nor do I want to go through that grind again. My comments should always be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

You don’t have to be legend to be valid. Do you.

No. In my case I’m playing for fun, not grind. My answers are based around that. If I go 50-ish% with a deck it’s probably in part because I’m facing lower rank opponents with smaller collections and lower skill levels. A deck which I do really well with could be absolutely trash in legend.

This might sound Bias from a Druid main player, but the card is “fine” as it is, and if anything you don’t wannt increase the cost by 1 it’ll kill the card completely, you’re better off making it summon 2 2/2 treants then +1/+1 the board as it’ll be like Landscaping + power of the wild buff for the same cost, so it’ll be a 2 in 1 spell, if you make the card 6, the card will become basically a worst Force of Nature cause it’ll be 2 slot get get on the board and never feel like a good time to play it.

I assume you mean nature studies? but that’s 1 limited time cost reduce, it’s not impacting the gameplay of other spells that much so it’s fine unlike how Priest has so much mana cheating.

Actually I would Argue Glowfly isn’t that good it’s the fungal draw 3 spells, as it’s giving the fuel to make Glowfly’s good in a all spell/token deck.

Mulligan don’t really carry it that well - even if you - it’s the draw power of the deck that really carrying it, and the fact most token/spell druid has only spell cards it really doesn’t hamper the draw 3 effect and that’s what really carrying the deck to draw what it need to make a massive board or get to the cards it need to play on curve.
Run a Deck without Fungal and Risingwind draws and you’ll see the deck will lose majority it power level at the start of the game. I know, cause I’ve tested to see what card are needed to keep it strong.

Again it’s more of the draw power to get the cards more then the cards itself.

The Swarm isn’t really the problem, it the draw power of the deck, remove the draw engine and you’ll see it basically will run into what the old Witchwood token deck ran into, not having enough spells to make the flys so massive in numbers. Fungal and Rising Wind to draw card are what really giving the Fly’s their huge numbers. If you remove those card from the deck and replay them with other spells you’ll see it not as powerful if not really weaker as it become more a mid-range deck then early agro.

Very reasonable person - but it’s best to point out to them what make the deck really strong.

If By pointing out the same cards as you do, you aren’t pointing out what really make the decks strong, using stuff like Win rate or Mulligan doesn’t always say what the true powerhouse of a card, as I’ve mention it’s the function of drawing the card to have the source is really leading the deck to always have these cards. and the downside of “discarding minion” is gone cause it’s al spells.

Guess the weight is indeed a good card but the fact the deck kinda sits around the same mana cost with most cards, you might hit a 2 mana draw 1 but other times 2 mana draw 2. But you are correct this is one the reason the deck is doing well. Remove the drawing factor of the deck it the Deck is hardly as good and loses.

Very true, these are all decks that have ways to deal with swarm with control mindset.

The avg power level of the deck is from the draw engine, you can replace overgrowth with really any other spells that generate/draw/tempo and it make little difference to the deck, so you are right, Overgrowth is just a highroll with nature studies for Goru - but if you don’t run Goru you can replace that with I personally replaced mine with Crystalsong Portal as it’s basically giving me minion that the deck generally won’t have, or get lucky and get card for late game when the deck would run low on steam from control decks.

Goru helps due to the +1/+1 perma Buff cause it doesn’t drop the hp to 1, due to the perma buff on board, and soul mirror that would kill them normally in a 3/3 clash giving them only 2/2 cause they do not have the perma buff leaving 3/1’s in the end. then also the AoE deal 2 also protection from DH/Warlock but Warlock has ways to deal 3 AoE which perma deals with buff Treant with Goru buff.

This is Smart reasoning, but any experience player can play the deck and see what cards are ALWAYS needed and play to make the deck good and this what leads to make the deck always have X result by X turn. As I’ve point out it’s mainly the draw engine to give the Glowfly’s the spells in hand to swarm the board, without it, it’ll run into what Whispering Woods ran into - no cards really in hand to make a Swarm style board. Remove the means of generating/getting so many spells in hand the cards they keep bringing up like Arbor and Glowfly loose all it’s power as the opponent will have more time to draw and get control of the board.

Wrong Again , it’s the draw and generating what you need early game to have a glowfly board to then arbor is the problem, there so many reliable draw in the deck - Play the deck without any draw and you’ll see it just drop dead cause you never have the cards you need to make those powerplays.

No-one has to be Legend to be Valid, but you need to have basic understanding to see what will improve and affect the deck.

I was going post earlier but I decided to tinker with the deck and see what really giving it huge lead - and it’s not the card but the draw engine of the deck itself. I’ve removed the best draw engine and gave more “clunky” cards their spot while keeping the deck powerful and respond to most if not all comment to give them a true at best unbias Druid main thought, and I don’t play Arbor up deck mainly cause I like making my own decks and doing odd things. But take what you will from the post and pick what what you wish, but if you do what I’ve said and remove the early game draw/generating power you’ll see it’s not asbad if end up being clunky. (did this on my Legend and plat5+ accounts)

So you’re saying draw is powerful in the deck?

1 Like

Druid win rate - 51%
Paladin win rate - 55.7%

/thread

1 Like

And as if they’re not going to yet again reprint a ridiculously easy way for druid to load a board?

In a way, yes the draw of the deck make up for any real weakness of the deck, You can remove you’ll be surprise how often you’re actually wanting Fungal/GtW/etc to just draw - and at the “mid range” part of the deck after most the cheated mana and etc, you run out of fuel in the hand leaving it to top deck mode - Without way to flood your hand with tons of spells, Glowfly is just a joke card, I personally wish the Glowfly were cap to how mana crystals you had - so Early game it’s not as good, mid part it’s alright and late game it’s a bored filler. But without way to fill your hand with spells, it’s a dead card.

It’s not really to refill the board, but the hand with the deck we’re talking about, if you remove the heavy draw power of the deck you’ll see the deck isn’t that good, even with cheat/overload mana turns if you can remove the waves - they’ll run out of steam real quick and rely on draw to get the power back - It has nothing to do really with Arbor/Glowfly/Totem-treeants , it’s really the draw giving the deck the edge to refill and have the “tools” for turns like x2 Savage Roars/Arbor/etc

It was a rhetorical question. If I’d been playing a “deathy says draw” drinking game I’d have died of alcohol poisoning.

1 Like

Lets not underestimate the power of draw mechanic.
There! Drink again :stuck_out_tongue:

Man oh man! That 80% win rate Nzoth was looking so good that I had to implant 2 Claw Machines on my corrupt priest.
Its still mediocre but now I have 5 ways to draw my cards.
:clinking_glasses:

Sorry, you’re not Deathy. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t worry all my friend’s on Discord know I’m an Alcoholic - but I rather make it clear it’s not the cards people were trying to say what is “broken in the deck” When they aren’t even breaking down what make the deck so consistent to have it’s power curve spikes.

Also what you’re drinking, and are you a light weight? Depending on what your drinking you won’t get it that bad.

Cycling is the key to any deck really, combo or not you need it to get to what you want to make pop off turns.

Those were basically the only good Mech’s to put and the fact they basically draw a Minion and buff it it helps making a big body for cheap mana cost - it can backfire and not Draw N’zoth - and other times it can help you draw it quicker, Priest has so many tools to get cards it’s wouldn’t be as much needed, they can use something else if they wanted.

Can’t tell if your trying make a joke or not, but I was being serious when I made that most and did look into everything, heck i’m still shifting the deck around now for the heavy Druid Power swing it has about a 52% winrate agent Arbor up in its current form which I haven’t posted.

Oh no I’m being serious.
Thanks to your idea I got 5 solid chances (not ways, sorry I made you misunderstand me) to draw my cards.

Summary

Corrupt 2.0

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (0) Raise Dead

2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond

2x (1) Psychic Conjurer

2x (1) Renew

1x (2) Horrendous Growth

2x (2) Insight

2x (2) Thoughtsteal

1x (3) Hysteria

2x (3) Palm Reading

2x (4) Auspicious Spirits

1x (4) Circus Medic

1x (5) Dark Inquisitor Xanesh

2x (5) Fleethoof Pearltusk

2x (6) Claw Machine

1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable

1x (7) Soul Mirror

2x (7) Strongman

1x (9) Sathrovarr

1x (10) Y’Shaarj, the Defiler

AAECAa0GCP22A8i+A8jAA7PcA/zeA/XhA/jjA/njAwse2qwDk7oD184DotUD4t4D494D+98DuuED5uED6uEDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

2 insight and 2 claw machine
and with Yshaar that makes 5+

Why they never learn? Really? Why make cards so insanely undercosted only to need a forced nerf after? It is not much better release the card with the correct cost in the first place?

Animals for only 7 manas, Call Of The Wild for only 8 manas and now this BS Arbor up for only 5 manas, the card is a combination of 66% of the 5 manas Force Of Nature + a permanent effect of another 5 manas shaman spell with make this card almost the value of freaking 10 manas for only 5 manas.

WHY??? NERF THIS BS NOW!!! TODAY!!!