Does Arbor up needs a nerf? What would it be?

You want all treant cards to be made as useless as force of nature?

Force of nature - cost 5, epic card, summon 3 treants 2/2. What’s so epic about that?!

Never mind, can play your hilander zephrys card, wish for flik, destroy all treants everywhere and auto win the game.

I think Arbor Up needs to be 6 mana.

You have Tending Tauren, which saw fringe play, and Arbor Up is cheaper, gives +1 more attack, and both Choose One effects, and as a spell, benefits from cost reduction from Nature’s Studies/Lunar Eclipse, and doubling with Solar Eclipse.
Rare · Minion · The Boomsday Project · Choose One - Give your other minions +1/+1; or Summon two 2/2 Treants.

Tending tauren is old card from boomsday project so hardly relevant.

No, you can’t. 20chars

1 Like

It shouldn’t get a mana cost nerf. Instead, the 2 effects should simply be reversed (so, first the buff happens, and THEN the Treants are summoned).

The problem with the card currently is that it gives a HUGE reward for having a nice full field, but is still an excellent card (8/6 in stats for 5 mana) on an empty field. Imagine how great Savage Roar would’ve been if it was still a good effect if your board’s empty.

1 Like

Oh no, what you going to do. How else you going to deal with those 3 ever so threatening 2/2 treants on the board.

as far as i know that card isnt playable…

so its “that druid card is actually playable !!! NEEEEEEEERF IT !”

again…

That is a good point.

What is the point of ramp of my 5 Mana cards have the effect of 4 mana cards or even less?

You just make ramp not only obligatory but also an illusion since you need more Mana than the opponent to do the same thing.

And if that is the case why even ramp in first place?

Just no. This isn’t how you balance ramping.

1 Like

Read ViciousSyndicate’s recent report.

As per my own experience and results, the faster variants are superior.

Forest Aid is bad. Goru is only viable in the treant version, which is inferior as well, and anything slower leaves you open to palalaladin, zoo and aggro rogue. Bees! is okay (but only as a 1-off), Lunar Eclipse is better.

It’s like they took my own list and rated it the best out of the bunch. Funny.

Flik is from Descent of Dragons. Zephrys only gives basic and classic cards.

Defo use Flik and ruin your every other matchup.

I’m not saying that’s how to balance ramp. I’m saying because ramp exists normally fair cards get that treatment.

its t1 now nice analysis. also a card rotating out is never and has never been a valid point for balance stop pretending it is

It doesn’t. Glowfly Swarm rotates out soon and wild can deal with a board full of 4/3’s. Nerfing stuff just cause an old or new card made them broken doesn’t make sense. If an old card became op, then its gonna rotate out soon enough. If a new card became op, then the old card it became op cause of will rotate out so whatever. It’s like asking for Nozdormu or Alura to be nerfed cause of Ramp Paladin. When Nozdormu rotates out its gonna be slow af so wont be played anymore.

Glowfly Swarm is from Ashes of Outland and isn’t rotating. A few early game cards are though including BEES! Should slow down the more aggressive Gibberling builds unless the next expansion just outright replaces those options.

1 Like

Force of Nature, as so many other Classic and Basic cards, used to be good before it got nerfed. Now it’s a mere shadow of its former self.

Good. Back in the day if you fell below 14 health against a druid w/o a taunt in the way you were in deep trouble. Wasn’t fun, needed to be nerfed.

I think you’re missing the context of my comment. I was responding to:

He made a good point. I was sad when Force of Nature got nerfed. And please think of this in terms of the game today. Force of Nature + Savage Roar is a 9-mana combo. Sure, it’s possible with less mana if Lightning Bloom or Innervate is involved.

OTK DH can deal 100 damage or more with 10 mana so you’re never safe no matter how high your health is. ETC Warrior can deal up to 42 but of course you can protect yourself if your board is empty. Silas OTK can kill you at full health. Mozaki Mage can kill you at 45+ health and regardless of what you have in play. (I don’t know what their max OTK damage is but it probably exceeds 70.)

Force Roar can only kill you if you have 14 health (adjusted by Druid’s minions on board) and Taunts actually help against the combo. I don’t think it would be overpowered. It might have felt oppressive in that old meta but in later metas it wouldn’t have been so oppressive.

Edit: Enrage Warrior can deal 28 in a turn from hand. Even Aggro Rogue can deal a ton from hand (with weapon attacks). I remember in one game, I had 19 health as a Priest and Aggro Rogue killed me without having any minions in play. Aggro Shaman can deal 16 just with hero attacks (Doomhammer + buffs), more with spells added. And lest we forget, Soul Demon Hunter can also hit for 30 or close to 30 in a turn without having any board presence (using Aldrachi Warblades and Ilgynoth along with buffs.

1 Like

It’s already oppressive to fight token druid when they have to set up their board a turn ahead of time before they can act. If you give them back OG Force of Nature (An 8 mana combo w/ Savage Roar) then throw in other cards such as improve ramp (Overgrowth) and both Lightning Bloom, Nature Studies, and even Innervate if you really want to cheese this out… Yeah, there would be a problem. Just remember Solar Eclipse is a thing too, and this wouldn’t necessarily be a turn 8 play because Druid.