Dismantle Mecha´thun and stop creating game-breaking cards

There was a period in which almost everyone played that endless creating battlecry effect abomination. After several months of pure “FUN” (whenever I faced this deck, I simply give up, hoping that next player won´t play this sh*tdeck, it was better than to waste like more minutes to almost kill an opponent before an unstoppable combo began). After the Shudderwock was finally nerfed, and after the next expansion was released, then we got yet another option to completely waste our time. With like ZERO efforts, you, dear Blizzard, gave us Mecha´thun and his druid deck. Which means, in reality, another months of “MORE FRAKING FUN” with a deck that puts most of the decks - and basically all of the control decks - aside. Only some face-damage decks can win the game against a Druid with Mecha´thun before the combo is released, or in some rare cases of a very bad card draw other types of decks can defeat Mech´thun deck. Almost every Druid I am facing now is playing this kind of deck. Congratulations, you did it again!
Instead of focusing on card variability and interesting opportunities like at the very beginning of the Hearthstone (I am playing this game since beta), you are now breaking the game with one card that favoures one of the nine heroes (Shaman with Shudderwock, Druid with Mecha´thun), requires zero invention from other players once discovered (because why to spend time combining cards and creating new decks when you can just copy the almost 100% winning deck) and because of this you are forcing the players not playing such decks to waste time playing against it.
The problem is not in creating powerful combos itself, it was still fun playing against, for example, Time Mage, because of the amount of cards the mage needed to draw before releasing the combo and because of the fragility of the mage until turn ten (yet you still “need” to dismantle this kind of deck by nerfing or banning some of its key cards like Ice Block).
I know that Hearthstone is “just a game” (that cost me a pretty money up so far), but if you want to continue with this trend of creating unballanced self-winning cards, favouring only one of the nine classes, please, sincerely, let me know before I am buying your next expansion because otherwise I can guarrantee you it will be the last expansion I will ever buy, because I will abandon this game and start playing something else. Which means anything that is better ballanced, cheaper and less time consuming but most importantly, which can entertain me. Because I am playing this game for fun and relax, after hours of rather difficult work, and the last thing I want to experience is a combo of frustration and pure boredom playing against Mecha´thun or some other game-breaking card that you, dear Blizzard developpers, for some unknown reason consider to be entertaining.

7 Likes

use geist idiot. many druids just auto concede.

1 Like

If by almost everyone you mean, Ithink at most, 11% of the meta sure. It never got clsoe to the levels of decks like Cubelock, Razakus Priest, QR let alone actual broken decks for their meta like Huntertaker and ONiK MR Shaman.

In Standard Mecha’thun pushes NOTHING aside right now as it is so uncommon. Also there are 2 VERY good control decks right now in Odd Warrior (tier 2 both Quest and non-Quest) and Control Priest. When a deck is roughly 2% of the meta or so it can’t push out other decks… it just doesn’t have the representation to matter when you decide to pick-up a deck. When you face your 3/100 match shrug and walk it off.

Also, you have a tech card against Mecha’thun Druid in Geist unless the list has changed dramatically where it can function post-Geist. This is why, in my opinion, Warlock was always the better class for Mecha’thun but I’m sure the amount of large damage spikes makes Warlock not very possible in the current Standard meta (Mecha;thun Warlock is tier 1ish in Wild).

Overall…
With the inevitability some Control decks have currently in Standard with Baku Warrior, Control Priest, and some other fringe decks the OTKs almost need to exist in order to provide some threat to Control. Right now that COntrol deck is more-so Wall and Gallery Priest than Mecha’thun but SOMETHING would be taking that roll.

And the most polarized common deck continues to be Baku Warrior because Aggro can’t win but it runs no real win condition so other OTK (and some other Control decks) can just set-up Baku Warrior because it can’t force suboptimal plays against slow decks.

2 Likes

Welcome to 3 months ago when druids stopped using naturlize and changed to…guess what?

I actually don’t know, what are they using instead of Naturalize?

Naturalise… they still use it. Donno what hes on… its their number 1 removal…

Yeah I can’t think of any other card that can consistently remove Mecha’thun in one turn.

Exactly… lets both ignore him and bath in sweet relaxation

I suppose I’ll sit down and relax with a burger then.

Stop being a prick. You sometimes just can’t run Giest. What if you’re playing an Odd Deck? Some people can’t sub the card or literally can’t for their decks.

1 Like

there is another combo where they play deathrattle beast and kill it with spellstone

I’d like to point out that it’s HIGHLY unlikely Blizzard knew how successful Mecha’thun would be. After all, we forumgoers knew about mecha’thun for weeks before the expansion came out, and even knowing the possible combos, with VERY few exceptions we ALL thought it would be a meme-tier deck. Sometimes you just can’t know until this huge playerbase gets its hands on a card what will happen.

Another perfect example is heal zoolock. Those cards all existed and yet the deck just flat out came out of NOWHERE, man.

The naturalize the hadronox, since spellstone caps at 6 damage and hadronox is a 3/7

Well Geist would handle that as well, and it would require two spellstones so I doubt it.

Except it has been admitted that when they saw how broken Shudderwock and still printed as was because ‘it was too late to change it’ so the same could be said of Mecha’thun. Since as game designers it is part of their job to look for these things they are either a) incompetent at their job, b) too lazy to fix things when they do screw up by having way too much crunch time, or c) purposely creating unbalanced cards to help milk money out of players. Of course there is d) all of the above.

1 Like

You don’t see certain things: a lot of people paid good money for Shudderwok and nerfing it early would have discouraged customers to buy future expansions because they wouldn’t have any guarantee that the cards will remain unchanged. They even said Shudderwok decks had a bigger play rate than their winrate. Therefore, not nerfing it was the best solution.

In that situation, you would be using your Odd Deck to burst down the OTK deck. All Odd decks are inherently Aggro, or at least Midrange. Odd Rogue, Odd Mage, Odd Paladin, all these decks are all in on being fast, and if you’re so slow that you have to run Geist, then you basically deserve to lose.

There is nothing wrong with mecahthun as a card. It has a heavy drawback of having to deplete your entire hand and deck and then having a wat to kill it once played.

The problem was Druids having an answer to everything that their opponent played… Endless removal and armour gain… And priest with endless removal

After rotation this is not a problem. Mechathun warrior isn’t unfun to play against and there is plenty of interaction. Playing mechathun warrior is also fun. And requires one hell of a 6 card combo, not easy to pull off…

These ‘problem’ cards are not a problem in themselves… Its the existing power play cards that make them broken…

Naturalise HOF
Branching paths - going
Pyschic scream going
Death knights going

Druid and priest won’t be anywhere near as powerful so won’t feel unfair to play against… So these problems you have with mecahthun and shudderwock won’t exist.

I look forward to playing with shudderwock in rise of the shadows… Will make for some crazy plays… But won’t be broken at all…

Odd control mage says hello. But i guess it really is just Odd til Jan is charged then Jaina.

Just wasted 15 minutes against Mecha´thun too.
I have only played this game a couple of months, but I think it is enough.

1 Like