[Main Thread] iOS Device Crashes after Latest Patch

My iPad 5th gen has 2GB of RAM and the game constantly disconnects from WiFi when playing Hearthstone. What kind of damage was done in the latest update to make the Hearthstone “OS” so unstable? Seriously disappointed this issue has been present for more than a month now

3 Likes

I also have the shop constantly bugged, cannot even exit from it without quitting the game.

1 Like

I don’t know what you guys did, but it is even worse now… Won’t let me reconnect AT ALL, resulting in loss after loss… Even spent another 20$ today on packs, the idiot that I am…

1 Like

iPad Pro 9.7 running 13.3
Played all the time without major crash issues until last expansion, then frequency of hard crashes suddenly escalated to make ranked play absurd. Crash happens in ranked play when selecting a card during my turn, as though by touching/gesturing somewhere towards the lower-mid left of my hand I have found the secret developer emergency exit Easter egg. With this seemingly card-select related event, if I reload quickly enough I can usually reconnect with apologies to roping my opponent. This card selection crash also manifests on my iPhone. (Addendum) I had not paid attention to it before, but thanks to reading the other posts in this thread, upon re-log, I too notice my gold has been pilfered as though I’ve been attacked by a roguish Cutpurse. Only through re-re-logging do I regain my balance. Meanwhile, back in crash-land, at other times on my iPad Pro during ranked play there is an inconsistent but increasingly frequent crash that happens where I can not reconnect and I lose my match much to my infinite sadness. This seems to occur later in play than the aforementioned emergency exit. I play in both the US and the EU regions and the crashes seem to occur in both with about the same degree of frequency. Of late, the safest play on my mobile devices has been Battlegrounds or non-ladder casual just to get quests done. Thanks in advance for any updates/info and happy new year where, as with hindsight, it’s 20-20!

1 Like

Still crashing on IPad Pro. How many weeks are going to go by before you fix this.

1 Like

I’m playing on an iPad Air running the current iOS update, and can rarely get through a match without the game crashing. Restarting takes so long that I typically miss at least two turns. If I come back in the middle of my turn, the timer is on such a short fuse that I cannot act fast enough.

3 Likes

I’m having exactly the same problem also on the iPad Air. Was fine until a few weeks ago. I think the problem started with recent update.

1 Like

Since the latest IOS update, the HS app keeps crashing on my 10.5 inch Ipad Pro. The timing of the crash is not consistent, but it is usually during the first turn of a new game the moment I touch the screen to play a card. :frowning:

1 Like

Any update on a fix? Even a rough estimate would be appeciated

5 Likes

Brand new iPad Pro keeps crashing at random times.

2 Likes

This is really getting ridiculous. The game has been virtually unplayable on iPads and other tablets, devices which the majority of HS players use, for weeks now because of these crashes and literally nothing has been done!

It’s painfully obvious at this point that no one at Blizzard is going back to work until probably January 6th which means that this game breaking issue would have gone unresolved for over a month and that is just a pathetic display for a multibillion dollar company.

You have really and truly abandoned this game ever since you decided to go down the horrifically unbalanced “Wild” road years ago and it shows.

I haven’t spent a penny of real money on Hearthstone in years and this debacle has pissed me off to no end, I can’t imagine how the folks that regularly pay hundreds of dollars for this game must feel.

This entire situation couldn’t have been handled in a more unprofessional manner, truly!

6 Likes

I honestly think that it is bug that can be exploited. I’ve noticed that a lot of times when the disconnect happens, the person on the other side either takes a long time playing or I see flashing in a repeat pattern. For example, they will target me, themselves, then me twice, then themselves and repeat the pattern two or three times. Then play a card. Next turn, when I go to play, I am disconnected. I don’t know if it is a bug they are exploiting to disconnect, but perhaps they overload our ram when they do it. I did an experiment. I have a McAfee scanner for threats on my iPad. If I click out of screen and hit scanner each time the opponent plays, I rarely disconnect. It’s a pain to do all that, so I’ve just avoided playing. But that tells me that it definitely has something to do with the opponents play and possibly our RAM.

Same but on iPad Air 2

There’s been a lot of suggestions that no one is working at Blizzard until Jan 6th. This seems unlikely. A gaming company is well aware that Xmas is its busiest player period and most would provision accordingly -even if the game engine staff were not readily available it seems odd that, for an issue that actually prevents customers playing the game, they would not be recalled to at least investigate the problem. Also the complete lack of meaningful update… it’s really all quite odd!

2 Likes

I had the issue once where the game crashed and then kept on crashing when trying to rejoin. Now though, the game crashes at the beginning of every match. I can rejoin, usually in time to play my turn and say “Oops” to my opponent and hope he doesn’t think I was roping on purpose (behavior that I hate and so I can’t stand the fact that I’m doing it others the first turn of every match, even if it isn’t intentional).
I’m on a 2017 IPad that’s all up to date. I even cleared my cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing has helped.

1 Like

This situation Is simply disgusting, my holidays are finished and I haven’t been able to play

3 Likes

I experience random crashes also on my ipad air 3rd generation running the latest version of ios: 13.3.

Always happen when clicking on friends list, I can’t invite or chat with any friends. It was quote easy to reproduce.

Sometimes happens on clicking/hovering cards during a game.

The game have an hard crash because it will relaunch from the loading screen (blizzard logo).

2 Likes

lol game still not fixed after almost a month, you guys are a JOKE

6 Likes

I’d rather have the shaman cards un-nerfed then not be able to play a single normal game for a month…

3 Likes

This is the primary issue I have been having as well. I have seen it in Ranked, Casual and Tavern Brawls. Haven’t played arena or solo since the patch.

It only appeared after the most recent balance patch.

I’m on an iPad mini 4 running iOS 13.3.

1 Like