Constant Crashing on Android Mobile

Since the update/patch, 80% of all matches across all modes (besides single player) immediately crash the game before I even join. The last 20% crash before the match ends, damning me to lose by default because it takes two minutes to get to the menu and another 2 to reconnect.

Not a fan of Hearthstone being literally unplayable lately

Edit: I can’t even play Solo Adventures either. Congratulations, Blizzard- the only thing your app does is turn on

12 Likes

I also experience crashes and freezes since patch. Top on that graphic issues which i had never seen before. I’ve cleared cache, reinstated the game, it’s still there. Seeing pixelated animations or pinky boxes , definitely wasn’t there before patch

4 Likes

Just came her to make my own post about this…game freezes/crashes soon as a match is found. If I do enter the match somehow, the game will freeze especially during a “discover” effect or a “random” effect. Just came from a game I got into and it froze on turn 3 when a warlock cast drain soul…I.mean, what is going on here? Can’t even play, it’s to the point it’s quite literally “unplayable”, I just wanted to get my quests done, but I’m not even being allowed the chance. Hopefully a fix will come out for this soon, thinking of uninstalling, not that I want to but I mean, can’t even stay connected without the game freezing so what’s the point…

2 Likes

Exact same deal for me, but I’m more concerned about the game literally closing whenever I try to do anything xD

3 Likes

I know , really. It’s just horrible, I’ve disconnected twice on my last game. Free duels? I barely won one game after reconnecting because my opponent missed lethal. I hope they fix it because every godd amn patch android gets worse and worse, it’s literally only playable on PC but I haven’t got one

4 Likes

Same for me.
Moto E 2020 Android 10.
Absolutely unplayable right now. Last month I was Legend 40 on the 5th of the month, and right now I’m stuck in Diamond 5 because I get free losses from the game being broken more than 50% of matches, sometimes before the game even starts.
I tried clearing cashe, reinstalling from scratch, installing from the Amazon App Store, completely clearing RAM before starting app, nothing works. It’s the app, not your phone.
Unfathomable how Hearthstone has been completely broken on Android 4 total times in the past two years. It’s like Blizzard doesn’t even want my money. Patch now. Don’t wait. Patch right now.

2 Likes

Android is broken! It is not my phone my phone has played hearthstone until this point why would it stop being able to now? Why am I even trying to play this game on mobile when it freezes and disconnects every game? Please fix this, absolutely broken since stormwind release on Mobile, can’t play, want to play, please fix it.

3 Likes

cleared cache reinstalled changed password still get sprite message for almost 2weeks now on android

its ridiculous at this point after update its unplayable created account 2017 and now its collecting dust keep getting sprite message

1 Like

I’ve cleared playstore cache which fixed my game for a whole 30 minutes, now it’s horrible again , it doesn’t matter if I clear cache over and over again, it’s unplayable… I’ve restarted my device, same issues again. well, it’s actually worse, i can’t even play a SINGLE game because it crashes , freezes , i stil get these pink squares as well, sometimes blocking my entire screen

1 Like

Can we get a blue reply please, I see blue replies for other more random lesser issues, how about helping us on Android Mobile out? Or relaying the problem to the developers or something? Have always been able to play on my phone, can’t play (well I can but constant freezing and disconnects means basically can’t play), want to play, don’t want to uninstall, so how about help us out here, get the fix out soon please, Thanks

2 Likes

Ridiculous that they put out new content and then don’t even make sure it’s playable for their audience

I’m genuinely peeved

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this, as being unable to play after an update is always disappointing. We are taking a look into this issue, but if you haven’t already, be sure to try these steps to help narrow it down:

Android Troubleshooting
  1. Make sure the game is up to date.
  2. Restart the game.
  3. Restart the device.
  4. Try clearing the Hearthstone app’s cache data.
    1. Navigate to the Hearthstone app settings, press Clear Cache then relaunch the app. If the problem remains, move to step 2.
    2. Navigate to the Hearthstone app settings, press Clear Data then relaunch the app.
      Note: Clear Data restores the app to its default state. You will not lose any information in Hearthstone.
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

If those steps do not fix the issue, please post the device name and network name that you are using.

Example:

• Samsung Galaxy S20
  • ATT
1 Like

Have the same issue. Just really hard to play with a crash per game aprox. Already tried all the things above and still freezes

moto G5s plus
Tuenti(Movistar)

2 Likes

I am Continuing to lose countless games to this freezing issue. About to win, played lethal, but nope! Frozen…this is absolutely infuriating. I am on moto G6 android version 9, what the hell is going on? Either the client freezes upon finding a match, or it freezes during the match especially during a discover or choose one effect. I have lost so many games because of this! Since reconnecting all but assures losing at least one turn it takes so long…and as we all know, just passing an important turn in hearthstone, is a death sentence. I want to play and support the game but I cannot. Afaik my phone still supports playing hearthstone, so why is this keep happening? I’m this close to uninstalling for good, how can I complete my win match quests when it freezes on the cusp of winning the match?! Please relay this to whoever can fix this, and fix it asap! Never had such a problem before Stormwind.

And I have done the troubleshooting and my internet/network is just fine, the problem is on YOUR end, not mine/ours. Thanks!

And game frozen once again, turn 7 to a golden wriggling horror. It seems to be certain animations are causing this (like I already said the discover animations, choose one, etc as well), please relay this info to whoever can fix it.

Froze once again, turn 7 Zephrys options, and earlier as I said with warlock life drain or drain soul or whatever. Definitely seems to be certain animations to be the cause, hopefully you can have them fix it by this Tuesday, thanks

So even when I win the game will freeze, maybe because of all the fireworks and stuff? Leads me to believe further it is because of some bug with animations, hope that helps whoever is in charge of fixing this stuff.

And again, and again…this time about to play savage combatant but nope, game freezes…get back and turn is passed, because it takes so damn long to reload hearthstone and reconnect after YOUR game freezes…please by Tuesday, there has to be a fix, I WANT to PLAY and support your game but I can’t do that when the game experience is at a cyberpunk 2077 on base PS4 at launch level, at best. So please fix it soon, thanks.

So continuing research it seems turn 7 is the main turn the game freezes. Idk what that means, but maybe it helps you guys figure it out.

1 Like

i have a Vankyo Matrixpad S8

Bump! Please update! Will a fix for this be coming out tomorrow? Thanks! Feels really bad for the game to get frozen by turn 6/7! Triggered a mage duplicate secret, about to play my next card and guess what, game frozen! What is the point of playing when the game is literally unplayable in any real capacity? Please fix!

I have the same issue. I’ve been fortunate enough to still be able to complete some quests, & even win a couple games despite typically missing my 1st, 4th, & 8th turns in a match (when I catch it early enough to close out & restart the app if my opponent is taking his time), but 90% of my games are losses exclusively due to all the skipped turns. Especially when facing an aggro player that can tell I’ve been discon’ed.

1 Like

Hi, it’s Tuesday and I seen no play store update. Does this mean we have to wait another week of barely being able to play before it gets fixed? I really want to play and support the game but I can’t in the state it’s in on mobile. Do the people who will fix it know the problem and are working on it? Feel I am talking into the void here, blue? Anyone?

I have already gone through the Android Troubleshooting steps about 6 times in the last couple weeks to no effect.

Device make/model: Moto G6
Android OS version: 9
Downloaded HS via the Amazon App Store.
Approximating, the screen freezes: 90-95% of the time while trying to connect to a new match; 99% of the time when a match ends; 85% of the time before turn 5; and a second disconnect 85% before turn 9. Games rarely last long enough to get additional stats.

3 Likes