Constant Crashes on iOS

I was looking forward for the new expansion … atm it’ll be unplayable for me :frowning:

iPad Mini 4.070
No reinstall, since nobody had success with it
WiFi (no mobile)
iOS 12.1.4

Crashes after every single Game
Crashes sometimes in the card collection when browsing through cards
Crashes often when creating new deck
Crashes sometimes while in waiting queue

I also vote for an adequate compensation. Thanks for taking care of the problem.

after dealing with this for a week, now it’s to the point at which every game is disconnecting mid game which has now costed me numerous losses, glad i don’t play ranked, i want to know what kind of compensation for dealing with this we should get, cause at this point i know i have lost gold, and now because of the shear frustration of it won’t be able to play until it’s fixed

I hope pushing this topic and providing my data will help to finally get a fix for these annoying crashes.

• iPad Air 1 Wi-Fi Version (model-number A1474)
  • Re-Installed but didn’t change anything
  • WiFi (since I dont have mobile on this iPad)
  • iOs 12.1.4 (latest)

Game runs much slower and lags even in the menus, Multiplayer-games can be finished usually but the app crashes upon completion.
Solo Adventures crash upon start.

On iPhone 6s with the same iOs it suprisingly works well, but with the often mentioned silent disconnect in almost every second game (your enemy seems afk but the rope wont start, even after 2 minutes).

I really hope these bugs will be fixed very soon, I’m glad that I can play on my phone at least but I can’t imagine how bad it must be for a player who has no other device and loses so many daily-quests.

Device: iPhone 6 32GB MQ3X2LL/A
Reinstall: No
Mobile/WiFi/Both: Both
iOS: 12.1.4 (16D57)

Crashes to home screen on animation-intense redraws. Swipe a large board, Lethal damage explosion, Flamestrike style effects. Can crash going to collection screen. Seems to happen in longer games (ie, more turns) more than shorter ones, but can’t say if this is real or a function of time or turns.

Usually preceded by noticeable slow-down. I start to play my turns faster, under the assumption I may crash out, have to remove the app from memory and restart to get back in within 90 seconds.

Device: iPad Air
Reinstall: Yes
Mobile/WiFi/Both: WiFi
iOS: 12.1.4

Since the update, crashes without fail when I finish a game. Also crashes mid-game if it goes on for longer than usual, or if I spend too long in the collection/building a deck/on the menu.

The problem is asset package download once you re-download a version of the game. That download needs to be stopped and not automatically downloaded. If you try and play a game quickly then there is no connection issues. Once that asset package fully download then the constant crashing errors occur

4 Likes

Just curious how could it pass the stage/prod tests. Failure is an option?

2 Likes

I would take pity on the developers or release train engineers, but it is obvious that either they never develop and play the game on iOS or have no control on release since they must make the “new year” event. They should have reverted back to the last version. It was stable enough although had issues with crashing on building decks.

THANKS YOU SO MUCH BUBBALOVE !!!

YOU GOT THE “FIX” !!!

iPhone 6
Yes tried reinstalling the game same outcomes
Both

I have noticed this happens more frequently has graphics get intense. For example, if you do psychic scream with full board or a lot of golden card use. Anytime graphical animations goes up it tends to get laggy and then just crash.

never had this issue prior to update.

1 Like

I’vev updated to iOS 12.2 today. Still have crashes.

1 Like

iOS 12.2 update:
Still crashes constantly at random intervals, Usually tends to happen during intensive turns, or long games midgame, and almost guaranteed at the end of a match. Collection often causes crashes.

Going to continue to add information to this thread as it becomes available, despite the lack of response since quarantine of this subject.
Hopefully, someone somewhere gets something out of it.

1 Like

Did they hotfix it? I just played four games with zero crashes and lots of miracle turns.
iPhone 6

Nope, tried to get into a match on my ipad, crashed while searching for opponent :frowning:

Updated to 12.2, same issue.

No they didn’t fix it. I’m still crashing in mid game and after games. So much for climbing the ladder, I was at rank two and now I’m back to 5.

1 Like

Nope still not fixed. I’ve updates IOS and uninstalled and reinstalled the game

iPad Air… crashes in the middle of every game… same as everyone else on this feed. Such a disappointment. I don’t even have the words for how frustrating this is. Please fix this before the new installment.

Hey folks,

We’re still working on this one. We’ll keep you up to date on the status of a fix for it but don’t have anything to share just yet.

Say honestly, I understand that updating from the correction of errors will come up with a new patch? I already agree with all only to correct the error, even if it will be through April 4th, and Apri

I cannot play Hearthstone at all on my iPhone. The game crashes constantly. I’ve followed all instructions for uninstalling the game and re-installing. I’ve done this a few times and still get constant crashes. I’ve noticed the issue is with the “asset download” once you redownload the game. The asset download package is the cause of the problem. Once you download the game and open. Hearthstone automatically starts downloading the “asset package” but I’ve discovered if I quickly go into a game before asset download finishes then I have no problem. Connects perfectly and no crashes. Once in a game, the asset package download pauses. I was able to do this for three games in a row. Perfectly fine but by the third time asset package is fully download and then I can’t play. GET IT FIXED. This is the worst issue I’ve even seen w/Blizzard.

2 Likes