Can't start a Dalaran Heist run

Thanks for the reports, everyone! To confirm the reports, is the issue with Dalaran Heist reported here caused by the Hero Portrait not appearing when pressing the Play button or the “There was an error starting your game” message?

If one of these two issues are appearing for you still, please let us know which one of those two issues are appearing in-game, the version you’re currently on (next to the play button), and report to us on this thread. This way we can track the appropriate issue and let our Hearthstone team know to investigate the issue further.

Other issues with Dalaran Heist like crashing are occurring, please start a new thread or find a more relevant thread. This thread is intended to track both of the issues mentioned above.

I already said i am playing on android i can play heroic and when i try normal run it freezes. I had a run opened on normal, i think at boss 3 or 4 so something in it is crashing my game and i cant concede the run. Im just asking for someone of u to concede it for me so i can continue playing.

My heroic run is redirected to the normal run, concede or any other ways didn’t work, just stuck in the loop.
version 14.2.2.31022

1 Like

Hello. I am still encountering the same bug. My game freezes whenever I press play on a Dalaran Heist run whether it is Normal or Heroic. My version is 14.2.30795

Same problem with Heroic Mode still.

My heroic mode started out with the game giving the error message to try again later. The portrait then didn’t show, and after subsequent tries, I am stuck in the loop, conceding or losing doesn’t work. After waiting for the quickfixes, still am stuck. I bought the full adventure, but still can’t play heroic mode. Its been about 2 weeks.

Version 14.2.2.31022

1 Like

Thank you! We’re still seeing this for our predominantly for our Asia region Hearthstone players and our team is continuing to looking into the issue and hopefully we’ll have an update on this soon.

For those not in the Asia region, please ensure that you have the update picked up and the Version shows 14.2.2.31022. If you are on this update and still experiencing the issues mentioned above, please report the issue here!

1 Like

I am playing on eu. game version 14.2.2.31022. And my heroic still stuck in a loop,
from day 1…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/heist-stuck-in-a-loop

same here,i’m stuck on the second boss of heroic with no way out for 3 weeks now on EU,even if i log in from a mobile or different pc same problem please give us an update on this issue

I am on Version 14.2.2.31022 (Europe) and its stuck at Heroic 2/8 since 2 weeks straight. I mean its really frustrating considering i paid money for it :confused:

What is the hotfix? I’m still not able to play in normal mode (not even chapter I anymore). The only thing working is heroic chapter 1, but i just finished that so i will like to try something new. Thank you.

Hey all,

It looks like we continued posting on the issue we’re investigating but neglected to remove the hotfix tag from this thread. Sorry about that! I’ve fixed the title so it’s not misleading anymore. We’re still gathering reports. Make sure to include which boss you’re stuck on and when the issue started for you.

Sry Drakuloh.

So the issue started when i got disconnected from a heroic Adventure (chapter 1 - can’t remember the boss). I reopened HS and by mistake i choose normal and i played the 1st Boss like 3 times. I concede and i continued the heroic one (got reconnected). Finished the boss, the cards where chosen automatically and next was Bob, but instead of picking 2 cards i had to fight him (i won :))). I conceded and after that i was not able to play normal again. I did not bother me because i finished the chapter 1 normal with all combinations and i was trying my luck on heroic. I’ve finished the heroic chapter 1 and i’ve unlocked chapter 2, but each time i pick a hero (hunter, shaman) i am able to pick the hero power and the deck and after that i’m sent to the main menu. This hapens to chapter 3 and 1 also.

I’ve uninstalled the game, removed all the files (searched by HS) and i did a fresh install 2 times with no luck. So my version of the client should be the last one available for my country.

*version 14.4.31353

Thank you. Sorry

Haven’t been able to play since launch. Get error trying to start a match asking me to try in a minute or two.

Have reinstalled and tried on mobile apps and nothing. Refunding caused me to start a new run but I’m caught in the same problem.

So this is not gonna be fixed ever? Nicely done blizz, nice expansion I can’t even play…

i am experiencing a similar bug on both my phone (HTC One M8, android) and tablet (Huawei Mediapad M3, android). one slight difference from the OP: i do not receive any error messages. rather, when i press the play button to start dalaran heist, it just freezes the game. the music still plays and i can select the options button, but nothing else is functional and i cannot choose “back”. this seems to be happening to ALL single player dungeon-run-style content for me now.

contacted blizzard and received a generic “have you tried generic troubleshooting” message. yes, blizzard, yes i have.

now, hearthstone won’t even load past the initial splash screen on my phone.

for what it’s worth, for me this all started after this week’s update (the announcement of the new classic cards). everything had been working fine until then.

paid $20 for content i can’t even play. not happy.

edit: i updated my support ticket with more information, to which blizzard replied with more canned responses that did not even address the specific issues i mentioned.

is there an official way to request a refund if i spent actual money (not gold)?

I can no longer start a run either. Did the first heist, now when I start a new one on Android I can choose the character class but then nothing happens. Have to close app and reopen, but still won’t acknowledge that I started a run.

Been having an issue where i choose a class then nothing happens. Can’t play a majority of the solo adventures right now for some reason after the latest update

Any updates on above? The issue is still there as on my last post.

Hey there,

Please reply with the following information:

• Which run is being attempted? (1-5)
  • If stuck on a specific boss, what is the encounter?
  • Is the issue specific to a certain device? Such as PC, phone, tablet, etc
  • Has this been attempted on a different network? Such as a friend’s house, internet cafe, cellular network, etc
  1. Only 1st run worked, but now even that one is not. I can play 1st run heroic…
  2. Can’t start the run. It takes me to the main menu after choosing the hero power.
  3. No. It does not work on Android/PC
  4. Yes

Thank you