Can't play my music in the background

the next patch will probably be around a week before expansion release (last reveal is on march 30 so thats probably the date )

unless they manage to fix it with a server side fix youll have to wait until then (or play on an android device )

Same issue here. It also pauses all PiP media.

Bro f Blizzard. This game is already borderline unplayable on Mobile, now I refuse to play it on mobile at all. This is bullspit.

2 Likes

I have no doubt there has been a mass exodus of mobile players since the terrible up(?)date.

I will never understand the need to listen to music while playing this game. 1st world problems.

Never? Well then… I guess it’s settled for you. Thanks for the input.

It should be settled for everyone already. They fixed a game crashing bug that had an unintended side effect that is being addressed and will be resolved soon. Getting all bent out of shape about it at this point is just illogical.

you have to be trolling i never heard of a "mass exodus " happening on a game because stopped games from crashing for a few days until the next patch …

More because they changed the game so much to the downside with buddies mid season and killing background app play. The 1-2 punch that has me and many others upset and unwilling to continue with it.

1 Like

games change you can expect a 9 year old multiplayer game to not change and keep players at the same time
the number of players been increasing so its exodus toward the game…

You contribute nothing to this discussion, unless your goal is to be toxic and further push people away from the game even more. This is, without question, a legitimate bug that should’ve been hotfixed days ago. Those of us invested in this game and other apps have every reason to complain loudly.

2 Likes

think a little

the crashing on those mobile devices cant be fixed with a hotfix or they wouldnt have disabled music in the background until next patch to stop the crashes

there is nothing to discuss …just wait for a few days

and on android you can start the music again

I have been invested in this game since the beginning. The recent update makes the game worse for a large number of people. Enough that we need to let them know. It’s more than just messing with our devices… The game play changed drastically as well.
I hope they dump buddies asap, but that won’t be enough to bring me back to mobile.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct

I didn’t realize how important my background music was until it was taken from me. please fix soon, I’m not interested in the in app music at all.

1 Like

Lmao man, the amount of overreactions in this thread is insane. It’s not a huge deal, it’s a pain in the butt at the very worst. They located a workaround to temporarily fix a critical bug, and they intend on patching it further in the future. It happens. It’s a video game.

The amount of folks saying that this is a some sort of crime is absolutely hilarious to me though. YouTube does the exact same thing when another app is running sound in the background. It’s normal app functionality, albeit not preferred. But a legal issue? Lol cmon. Get your head out of your booty.

I haven’t played hearthstone since the patch because of this. I liked to play hearthstone while listening to books on my phone. Hearthstone is fun but there is a lot of down time that is filled with audio (music or books) to keep focus. Without multitasking it turns into sitting there in silence just waiting for too long. To me I like that I can get twice as much value out of my time by listening to a book and playing. However, I find hearthstone alone to be a less appealing way of spending my free time over other activities (or combinations of activities)

Now if there was bug that was crashing the game for people playing Audio and hearthstone at the same time on mobile, then it seems the crash could be prevented by either playing hearthstone or listening to audio. Rather then make those who are experiencing that crash choose one or the other, they decided to make it so no one can do both (on mobile). Thus it appears that their solution to a bug effecting some people was to force the worst case choice on everyone else.

I do hope they patch this soon as intended. I do like to play hearthstone but find myself unable to committee time playing because there are other games and things I can do while listening to audio.

2 Likes

Well it’s been two weeks now; how about a fix?

1 Like

I have the same problem, Blizzard plesse fix it for us, i cant play battlegrounds in bus or train now

1 Like

give it a try after today reveal stream ends if is like previous expansions theyll release a patch to add the expansion cards

this issue could be fixed by it

1 Like

Thank you for fixing this, I can finally play HS again while listening to podcasts!!

1 Like