Can't play my music in the background

The new update kills my background apps as soon as I start hearthstone.

I won’t play this in silence since the game’s audio is trash and hasn’t been upgraded at all to something at least tolerable.

I left HS years back and joined again just to see what’s new. I was enjoying battlegrounds and the odd ladder match recently, but without music playing I realize now how much I play this just out of boredom. I can kill boredom with many games.

The new update just threw everything I was enjoying about it away…

Goodbye HS… And Battlenet until Diablo is released. Hope they pull off a great game there or this is it for me.

17 Likes

Overdramatizing aside, I am having trouble with the sound also. It won’t let me play stuff like YouTube or Audible in the background while I have the game playing on my phone. I don’t know if it does the same thing on my computer or not, but I usually listen to my TV when I’m playing on computer anyway so I can’t be sure

8 Likes

I imagine on pc things are fine… Well if you ignore the fact they completely changed BG in one update…

I have a hard time supporting games that ruin my fun so quickly and carelessly.

I’m on vacation atm so I’ve been on my mobile for a few days. Can’t say I’m unhappy to uninstall considering where I am. And how laggy it is on my pixel at times. No loss here

2 Likes

Same issue here. Since the recent update the Amazon music app cuts off anytime the Hearthstone app is open.

Please fix.

5 Likes

same issue here. Blizzard please fix? thank you!

7 Likes

I am also having the same issue with Spotify and SiriusXM.

4 Likes

Me too! Super frustrating. I listen to audio books while I play and this new update has been super disappointing. :frowning:

6 Likes

Not being able to play my own music in the background makes me not want to play. Seems like a pretty obvious bug that should not have been missed. I wish I could play the last version so I didn’t have to deal with this nonsense. Not trying to be dramatic here either, but I’m literally not going to play now. I was super excited to get back on after about two months off. However, i am in bed next to my sleeping partner and headphones on, this completely ruins the experience and I am now going to play something else. #bummed #bug-report

5 Likes

Small indie company at work!

2 Likes

here is what i found in the bug report forums

so you can either play in silence, or not at all, which if they hadnt changed things, you wouldnt be playing anyway

9 Likes

Intentionally sabotaging peoples’ devices and their functionality. Hope they get sued into insolvency.

It’s one thing to patch your OWN app; it’s another to sabotage OTHER apps and keep them from working.

Make sure to post on the other apps websites, with screen caps of this post, let your elected officials know, and report actiblizz where you can for this illegal behavior.

8 Likes

What laws are being broken here?

1 Like

So, you’re saying it’s not illegal for their app to interfere with the operation of your other apps, and sabotage your device’s functionality?

Then there won’t be any problems if people make the app companies in question and their elected officials know about this.

5 Likes

I honestly have no idea. I am seriously just wondering if you had a law in mind. I assume that the terms and conditions of Hearthstone allow them to do what they did.

2 Likes

They can monitor for cheating programs, but nothing gives them carte blanche to interfere with other apps, and the functionality of your device.

Plus, no tos allows people to break the law. They can’t perform what amounts to a DOS on other apps on your device.

1 Like

Again, what law? Really, I didn’t expect you’d have an answer. You’re just someone who enjoys making other people waste time, and I wanted to make that clear for anyone reading this thread.

1 Like

From the author of:

I find it interesting you seem so against anyone bringing the blue’s post to the attention of the app makers in question, or any lawmakers from users from countries impacted.

Since you seem to think there’s no wrongdoing involved.

Clearly, anyone can make an app that shuts down other apps’ functionality, and the overall functionality of your device…and it’s 100% legal, according to you.

If this is true, then actiblizz and the will have zero problems having that post shown to the app makers in question as well as any lawmakers who might be interested into looking into this.

2 Likes

You seem to be unable to answer a simple question. what law is being broken? citation of the source for the basis of your claim.

If I am on youtube on my phone and i wish to also watch netflix at the same time, is it a law they are breaking by stopping youtube from being visible and heard and then netflix taking over the screen and audio? by your logic many apps are breaking your imaginary law.

7 Likes

Just an FYI. If you control the music app from your smart watch, you can by pass it and get the music to play. As soon as you exit out of hearthstone it will stop again. But I was able to play music while I worked out and played so I was happy. :joy:

6 Likes

Uh, except everyone was obviously playing fine prior to the “fix.” If they weren’t then people would probably understand the change.

1 Like