Can't play my music in the background

so you want them to undo 25.6?

lets just not move the game forward, great thinking

1 Like

Just because you were playing fine doesnt mean everyone was. The fix was to stop crashing of the game for people that had audio in the background causing a game crashing interaction. So while you might be … inconvenienced isnt the right word… annoyed… for a short while, you can still play the game. And so can everyone else including the people the game would crash on. It is being worked on to have a better solution than it has now, but the temporary fix is solving the immediate issue of the game crashing. The auxiliary issue of other apps background audio isnt a super important issue that needs immediate resolution. But they are working on a more elegant solution to appease the sensitive sensibilities of those that cant go without their music.

Also, with Android VLC media player, you can drop down the status bar and press play on there, but it pauses if you switch focus and then switch back to HS. It’s just annoying and unnecessary. Let players know that playing media in the background can cause stability issues and let us make our own choice.

3 Likes

Glad to know I’m not alone!
Also suffering through problems on my IPhone 12, cannot run obvious music programs in the background.

1 Like

Can’t play Apple Music in background anymore on mobile, kills the game. I‘ve been playing since day one and have EVERY expansion and mini card pack. Several Legendary seasons in Standard, including last season, currently Diamond 3 in Standard. I’m not playing or buying anything until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

It was playing fine right up until the update, not a single crash. Just wondering, how do you know this other than “Blizzard told me”?

1 Like

how to you know there wasnt a bug, if you can prove the update didnt cause crashes, i will concede

1 Like

You made the original statement, it is your argument, the burden of proof lies solely on you.

alrighty, your a troll then, welcome to the forever ignore list

Purposely killing my background music is very annoying and enough for me to not play anymore, but then there is the fact that the update changed BG completely. It’s a different game now after this update. Not just a little step forward. That is a big no no…
Seems these Devs care very little about their long time dedicated players.
So be it… There are thousands of other games I can play that annoy me… Never.

2 Likes

What exactly is so radically different about the BG? You said yourself you hadn’t played in awhile. It was probably updated a lot more than just this one update

1 Like

This is just another crappy move in a long list of crappy moves made by “Blizzard” over the last few years. Ben was the last holdover from what, in retrospect, can now DEFINITELY be called the most player-centric era of this game (not saying HE was player-centric, just saying the 2014-2019 era was the most player-centric time for the game…which is really not saying much for anyone who was around in 2014…which makes that statement all the more pathetic). I feel bad for the good people who were involved in getting World of Warcraft and Hearthstone off the ground because the current iterations of these games are just so far off from what they wanted. And I feel bad for us too because even people who are new to WOW or HS can see the potential in these games, otherwise we all wouldn’t care to whine so hard about them. I’m not super informed about what’s going on with Microsoft, but if they’re going to buy Activision I hope they gut the executive population and put good people who love the games and hate the BS we’re going through in those positions.

1 Like

so the people reporting crashes dont count as players to you

people here reaally hate iphone players

1 Like

Okay, so i found a temp fix for the problem. It still cuts off my music once I open the game, but once I got the game open and push the button on my headphones again it starts playing again. Still doesn’t solve the problem, but at least it gets around it

2 Likes

Mystifed that someone is actually in here defending Blizzard for this. There is no defense for HS hijacking my mobile devices.

2 Likes

Thanks but I’ll never play this on my phone again. Maybe not even on my pc. BG ceased to be fun.

Well I’m not sure if there’s a law it violates, but disrupting your other apps violates google’s policy. Report it to google and they’ll remove hearthstone from the google play store.
https ://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9888379?hl=en#:~:text=We%20don%E2%80%99t%20allow%20apps%20that%20interfere%20with%2C%20disrupt%2C,any%20Google%20service%2C%20or%20an%20authorized%20carrier%E2%80%99s%20network.

some people wanted blizzard to not disable the music and let the game crash for some reason

im guessing they are angry they can rant about the crashes the bug caused anymore

I also have this issue. Can’t play Apple Music while playing hearthstone. Frustrating

Oh get a life dude. I came here because this is annoying me as well, but it’s just that, an annoyance. Grow up