Buy caverns of time packs, get cards you already own!

For the same reasons caverns of time cards don’t count towards completion of any set, they even if you obtain legendaries you don’t have from prior sets, thwy will not count towards completion. Similarly you cannot use any cards you already own from the caverns set in duels or twist. So essentially if you want full completion and to be able to play the cards in duels or twist you need to pack/craft both copies. Absolute scam.

3 Likes

Dusting does not disable duplicate protection. The collection of caverns of time cards is independent from wild, even though they are duplicate cards. Have you opened any caverns of time packs? You will get ‘new’ cards that you already own, and no dust when you go to disenchant extra cards. Do you understand the problem?

Edit: here is a screenshot of a golden card I own.

1 card is from the wild collection
1 card is from the erroneous ‘caverns of time’ collection

Instead of 2x golden card from the same collection, it shows 1x, 1x

This is what’s happening with every card. You get useless duplicate cards instead of dust when you go to disenchant extras.

Take out S at the beginning and the 2 asterisk - can’t post links
shttps()://imgur.com/OZmri0p

2 Likes

i disenchant manually card by card without issues is that what you mean?(stopped using the button over 5 years ago)

The fact that you don’t use this feature explains why you haven’t yet understood what the problem is. If you did use it, you would find that you’re not getting any of the dust you should have gotten for dusting extra cards.

2 Likes

then dont use it and disenchant manually to get the dust

is a bad idea to use it anyway i would add as password on it or disable it if i could because using it is a terrible idea since you end up dusing duplicates they may nerf in the future i got so much extra dust over the years because i dont use it

remember the new cards have a different water mark the game treats them as different cards for the button but same ones for duplicate protection

That won’t solve the problem. Duplicate protection has already been violated by the time dusting cards comes into play.

Edit: I open a duplicate epic card, it will think the card is new. Instead of getting an epic card from the new set (since I already own all the old ones), I get a new copy of one that I already have 2 of.

This isn’t something that we can work around on our side. They screwed up and they need to fix it.

Edit:

I’ve tried and failed to use the block quote, but here you go:

This is exactly what’s not functioning correctly:

“the game treats them as different cards for the button but same ones for duplicate protection”

1 Like

Jesus, you’re on every thread licking blizzard’s butthole arent you? xD
It does not work for duplicate protection and I have the collection to prove it, I own a small number of caverns cards and have multiple duplicates without even yet recieving all the commons from the set. It definitely does not track duplicates across caverns and the old sets.

1 Like

the common bit ? they fixed it

Do you understand what the problem is now? Do you understand that the problem is not fixed?

1 Like

i know what you mean but they patched it

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/168izu2/the_definitive_qa_on_caverns_of_time_packs/

That’s good that they patched it and realized they had a problem, but I’m still not buying any packs to get these cards. Trying to figure out which ones are ok to disenchant would be a confusing nightmare, and this is how they intend to leave it. I can tell I’’ll never get the dust from all the duplicates I opened. I don’t really understand how they consider this to be a closed issue, but I’ll never buy any packs released in this manner again. I wouldn’t really be happy unless these cards were incorporated into my wild set, just like every other expansion that’s ever been released. I want to be able to hit auto disenchant and scroll through the set and see how many of each card I have. I think we all had a reasonable expectation that this would be a normal expansion with normal cards that work like every other expansion.

Where did you even find that information? Last few times I went to the Reddit it said it was down? Thank you for that.

2 Likes

“If a card is in a valid set in a format, ALL versions of that card will be valid for that format, so you can safely disenchant the other versions. That’s the intention. However, that is not currently working for Duels (it’s not letting you add old cards), which is a bug we’re working to fix soon”

just make sure to keep 2 for your deck

btw the manager still has some bugs so the cards wont show up if you use the extra filter
youll have filter by set
with some luck theyll fix the rest of the bugs soon (inlcuding the one not letting you use the origianl version in duels )

1 Like

Although this is the statement given, I was still opening cards from prior sets BEFORE I was opening new CoT cards. Doesn’t matter at this point since I opened everything that wasn’t a legendary (I spent money doing so), but for people who are F2P I think this is a pretty clear bug that Blizz probably doesn’t want to own up to because it means compensating players for an obvious bug.

2 Likes

lol seriously - imagine having the time to buy pack by pack

you do know there arent manystraight to wild rares right ?i wanted to get all them and since
i already have all the rares from the old set thx duplicate protection i got all the rares in just a few packs