Buy caverns of time packs, get cards you already own!

I bought caverns of time packs only to get duplicate cards I have owned for years, and some of them show that they are ‘new’. Acolyte of pain - new card. Really? Because if I look at my collection I now have acolyte of pain x2, acolyte of pain x2, golden acolyte of pain x2, golden acolyte of pain x1. Wtf are they doing? What a rip off. I miss the old Blizzard that made money by selling quality games instead of ripping people off and acting like they don’t understand what the problem is.

11 Likes

The patch explanation of the duplicate protection says “That means that if you already have these cards from the original set that they appeared in, you won’t open them again in Caverns of Time packs until you have all cards of a given rarity from the Caverns of Time set.

So the CoT set technically has only 9ish commons, and you can open 18 commons like in 5 packs? So that makes sense, but one would think and expect the duplicate protection would go beyond that first set.

2 Likes

What it should be doing is having those cards give me dust when they are duplicates, but it’s giving me an extra copy of the card instead. This is the main problem. It thinks that every card is unowned. I was very agitated because I actually spent money to buy 15 packs, only to find out it’s not functioning correctly. I ended up crafting a couple epics just to create a single deck, and I didn’t get any dust from buying the cards. The deck is fun, but the whole set is not functioning correctly as far as card you already own.

2 Likes

Eh? What do you mean by that? If I have full collection of let say commons then when opening more packs I always get extra copy never dust directly. I don´t understand.

2 Likes

Are you sure these came from CoT packs though? Because I have 6 acolytes showing also under the Twist format, but they are Core and Legacy (if you right click them), not technically CoT.

1 Like

the packs are only for the signatures

everything else in them is scam

3 Likes

I am certain - when I opened the packs it said it was a new card. It also showed up as ‘missing’ when I checked crafting.

2 Likes

the new low rarities arent that bad
shaman got a tutor for oveload cards for example

rogue a jade card which is more effective as a disruption tool

druid has 2 mana ramp card (is like having growth unnerfed !)

and of course the new warlock location i woudnt call this one a"scam"

2 Likes

scam is the wrong word

1 Like

Had the same issue I am so irritated

1 Like

Yep, spent 2000 gold on packs on release day and got nothing but a whole bunch of dupes that I can’t dust! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

you can dust them you just have to do it manually.
for some reason they made the reprints part of caverns of time set instead of letting you get cards from old sets in the caverns packs. maybe it will matter if they release diamond card for a completionist of sets so whatever it’s stupid really.

they should have just made it like a miniset, buy all the new stuff all at once

6 Likes

that would have been nice. Even without that I’d be happy to buy some of the packs and play with Twist a bit, but I’m a little consternated about the lack of duplicate protection or confusing dust rules, and I’m just going to wait a bit and see if they fix it first.

4 Likes

If they had gone the miniset route, it would have been even more obvious this was a cash grab, as the titans set hasn’t even been announced, and they couldn’t go for max profits the way they are here.

I guess I wasn’t sure if the Caverns release WAS the mini set for the season, or if a Titans mini set was still coming.

1 Like

Right?

It completely throws everything off. Do a set while the current one is not even a month old…and STILL not even mention the titans mini set.

Once again, the brain trust at team 5 and actiblizz manage to pull off another one.

/slowclap

1 Like

Same, here, bought packs to get cards i already have. I feel robbed. Oh, that’s beacause I am. I’m really mad.

1 Like

you can dust them like any other card

most of the high rarity ones arent that good focus on getting the rares and commons buy pack by pack ( in case you get more than one rare ) untl you get all of them or the ones you want (whatever happens first)
in my case i wanted
jade telegram seems a fun disruption card

invigoration ( pretty much a 2 improved wild growth )

pebly page ( card draw and prevents overload for a turn just for 2 mana)
and of course the walrock location

1 Like