Buy caverns of time packs, get cards you already own!

Most of the playerbase noticed.

Kind of hard to do in a 100% random blind pack scenario.

I always love the not so subtle ad spam.

2 Likes

unless several players are using that account i find it hard to believe you dont know about duplicate protection

changed from the ad spam:

and gotta love the projection about account sharing violation, that would get anyone else auctioned. Rules for pro company posters, and rules for everyone else.

1 Like

well the post about packs openings was obviously made by someone who doesnt know about duplicate protection and youve been here long enough to know about it

ad spamming, before your started talking about duplicate protection. already covered. And again with repeated posts that anyone other than a pro company poster would have been actioned for. Once again, two tiered moderation system at work.

All to distract from the scam that this mode is.

1 Like

dont think you can blame the forum for adds poping up this site doesnt have them

Just specific posters:

just the company and the approved posters who ad spam for them.

and once again the off topic posting to try and pull attention away from how much of a scam twist and caverns is!

People like boreas are why I quit this game. They poison the well for the consumer by spray painting a turd gold. No one buys into the trash he spews just dont engage the loser.

4 Likes

‘Like any other card’ is the problem here. By dusting these, you will delete the useless duplicate copy and remove the duplicate protection on your duplicate set of cards. That’s also quite a lot of work to look through your set and figure out which ones you got extra dupes on. It’s completely indefensible. They are selling you duplicate cards erroneously. There is no valid argument against it, because it’s true. If I was getting a .0005% discount on cards, it would have been patched on release day. Everyone can see the futility of any attempt to defend Blizzard regarding this issue, except for one person. Stop it dude - you know it’s true.

2 Likes

uh duplicate protection cant be removed or disabled

I am winning so hard by not participating in this “game” Blizzard is playing with their customers.

2 Likes
  • they announced that you won’t get reprints when you already have the wild/core variant of the card, but this was not the case

• this led people to think that duplicate protection was buggy, but it was not

• this ultimately meant that you had to pay the new price for the reprints from Caverns of Time and so you had to buy something that you already owned and that is actually a bad rip-off, especially for collectors that meant a few hundred dollars / euros

1 Like

99% of people complaining about the cot packs, the cards, and duplicate protection don’t know how any of the card opening and dup protection mechanics work, and don’t realize it’s all working entirely as it was intended and explained that it would for weeks. No one lost anything. No one was scammed. You got what you paid for.

Look, Blizzard is a shady company–but it’s not their fault you can’t read.

This. Not for the first time, the playerbase was lied to, and of course the response will be radio silence or worse everyone will be gaslit (“sorry YOU were confused about something we were dishonest about”).

4 Likes

I just don’t personally see the benefit of supporting blizzard right now. The overall balance and design has been really lacking in favor of pumping out content for microtransactions. To each their own… but i cant justify paying for this game anymore.

2 Likes

You don’t understand what is happening. The cards are not going into your wild collection. It’s a major bug. Instead of having 2 copies of each card, you have 2 copies in wild, and 2 copies in a twist collection that shouldn’t exist. The expansion is supposed to be ‘straight to wild’, but the cards are not going into your wild collection.

2 Likes

Think of the wild and standard packs (then the “year of” and class packs). Packs across multiple expansions that they have done for years. This isn’t a new thing, and yet somehow, mysteriously, it completely screws up right when they are trying to milk the playerbase for even more money.

This. Was. No. Accident.

2 Likes

People understand how duplicate protection works. It’s very simple. Nobody is misunderstanding anything. Blizzard screwed up. The cards are not going into my wild collection. They are being congregated in an erroneous ‘twist’ collection. This is not intended, and people are rightfully angry about it. None of the people who have been playing this game for almost 10 years lack an understanding of how opening packs works.

4 Likes

i checked with some cards i have 2 copies of meanstreet cards and 2 copies of caverns the manager only shows one at a time but i have both

and where did you get the idea dusting disables duplciate protection???

i just built a cthun druid deck in wild arakoa golden from whispers showed along 2 copies fom caverns and i was able to add 1 of each to my wild deck

I can tell you this much… even though I am f2p myself (I work part time and have more time than money on my hands), my husband and my discord friends know that I will shamelessly encourage them to spend money on the game whenever they’re on the fence about cosmetics or whatever, because I love the game and want it to succeed.

I am actively warning them NOT to spend money on Caverns of Time packs. They were PLANNING to spend money on this and I talked them out of it. That’s how badly Blizzard done messed up.

2 Likes