Brann made HS unplayable

I played a custom XL highlander priest for like 200 matches despite priest beeing suboptimal but I enjoyed it. I auto-lost to aggro druid and some other NPC decks but it was okay as a challenge.

Now, with Brann released, everyone plays warrior and you have no chance anymore. I am probably going to stop HS for now. I don’t want to play warrior (I don’t like the class) and I don’t want to concede the moment I see my opponent is a warrior.

Whoever is responsible for that card should be removed along with it because this guy has no clue about HS mechanics.

8 Likes

Yes. BRann was what made this game unplayable. Not ANY of the other stuff, right? Yes, I’m using the card because it STUPID easy to pilot.

2 Likes

I agree that there is a lot of other stuff that is overpowered but out of all the cards ever released I’d say this is not only the most broken one but on a completely different level. The question is not “do I play good” but “do I get Brann before the necessary rush deck runs me down?” It’s either Brann or get rushed. No more room for cool long matches with all those nice cards. This is not my game anymore.

But yeah, the Azerite scorpion is a joke too. At least you have to ex 4 times.

They have to restrict Branns Battlecries to 3 cost minions, then it might be okay.

6 Likes

that suggestion isnt well thought what kind of late game win condition is that ???

1 Like

What kind of “late game win condition” do any of the other 200 legendaries have?

I’ve read through a couple of pages by now and apparently no matter how broken a card is people will always defend it. Blizzard could make a “Battlecry: Win the game” - “hey dude, this card is totally okay. Learn to play” - oh wait, it’s already out that card.

5 Likes

The real issue (yes it’s still OP) is that it’s exclusive to an Op deck already. I’m looking at the patch notes and it looks to me that the decks that were alreay solid got even better cards…not sure of this logic or what data suggests the moves they made here but this patch might have broken an already broken game.

3 Likes

I agree that this card should be nerfed. However, it’s not the first overpowered card and it won’t be the last. There are a lot of them and with each expansion, new ones come out. Many decks are exaggerated in terms of power, and often have cards and combos that are essentially based on “Who draws it first the cards” or “Who’s luckiest with RNG”. The path taken some time ago by the developers of this game inevitably leads to this. They should drastically reduce the RNG and avoid overly powerful cards.

2 Likes

The devs already made vanilla cards cheaper to keep up with the new ones. But they can only do it so much because at one point you get 1 mana 3/3 stats plus an effect as standard which makes the game unplayable.

And yes, giving Brann exclusively to Warriors is just a joke. Odin Warrior was already the strongest deck; it didn’t need a buff. Whoever made this decision shouldn’t be a dev for this game.

3 Likes

Too funny with match rigging blizzard, I’m on an f2p account, all the wars I encounter (even the 40 card war decks) all play brann turn 6, I’m at 41 war encountered (the 41 have all bran tower 6).

Remove your blizzard of match fixing, you are an outlaw (con artist business).

2 Likes

You know idk when they did this but I was checking out my collection looking at quests I had and I made a Galvadon Excavate Pally and I had no idea when but it was buffed from a 5/5 to an 8/8. Then I played a hunter who did Queen carcassa and she also was updated to a have Rush. So it got me thinking. What about a lot of these other quests? I was looking at the paladin mummy wrap one and it’s like yeah making hero power summon a 2/2 copy is strong but obviously nowhere near strong enough. And the warrior ankahet core which can summon multiple 4/3 golems it’s like, idk. I feel a lot of these old/bad quests can be updated the same way Galvadon and Carnassa was updated and maybe it would add some free and fun variety to the game at little cost/effort on Blizz part.

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who thought this new Brann was broken on another level. It’s a fun idea, but should have been relegated to a weekly custom game, not a card… It allows a lot of other cards to become Much stronger than they otherwise would have been… Eg. The cards which literally win the game? Those are often shuffled into your deck, but I’ve been seeing people use cards to insta-draw them, and finding sneaky ways to mana-cheat massive value… I can’t kill 30/40 taunts every turn, or 30+ mana summoning each turn… Late game can get a bit wild, but this, this isn’t fun or balanced… It’s hard to get anyone new invested in this game anymore because it’s just too intimidating, and cards like Brann make it look so much worse to them.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing off and on since naxx first released. New brann is one of the more insane things I’ve seen in the game. I can’t play with it like this.

3 Likes

Maybe we need more cards like Nerub’ar Weblord and Boompistol Bully, maybe they already have help planned for next expansion and card rotation? But yeah it is awful right now.

3 Likes

So horrible.
What makes me crazy is that everyone already knew from recent past. Double battlecry is not an effect that should be available so easily. There are some crazy battlecries around…. Doubling their effect is killing the game.
It can be a reward in a long run quest, but now you can get it by just playing a card ?!!
I can’t understand this.
I’ve already been depressed by the game once in the past. It was also by Brann, combined with original Denathrius and then with Astalor in 20 mana Druid decks.
That was unplayable. And this new Brann is far worse because now you have get stuff like double Ignis, multiple excavate generating a ton of 8 mana minions, and so on.
Nightmare.

5 Likes

concede! help warrier win rate,and get (hopefully) a balance patch faster.

3 Likes

I had seen brann’s stupidity before the mini set arrived, I’m not a developer and I saw the stupidity. How did professionals see nothing? I will answer the question because they are mentally handicapped.

3 Likes

honestly when the card was simply introduced I questioned the sanity of the designers about it and was surprised nobody cared about it. After playing HS vs war (considering I main DH ) I feel like I should just auto concede against any warrior for now. TBF I dont even know who can deal with that unless u are a warrior aswell.
There is nothing fun in such cards/ nothin skilled. SUch cards should either cost too much mana or require some things to do like infuse system etc

2 Likes

We must also look at the druid who uses and abuses his titan several times, long live the debility.

1 Like

https:/ /i.ibb.co/fCjnR05/a.jpg
nice cringe with brann how about remove 4 minions on board, 4 cards in hand and burn 4 cards in deck (reno included) by simply drawing cards in a turn after brann =)

1 Like

The druid is even more stupid than war. The Shattered Reflections card is way too stupid. You also have the paladin card which gives windfury completely stupid (since when in Lore can a paladin be able to windfury? Devs are real people with Down syndrome).

This game is the biggest scam ever between match fixing and garbage balancing.

1 Like