Blizzard should compensate owners of Classic set cards

Happy to meet you, sir!

I understand and sympathize with such people. I posted and said as much ealier in this thread.

Understood. I have talked about this earlier in this very thread.
I’m just expressing my own perspective now, which is that I really enjoy Classic! Why am I expressing it? Because I hope that people will give it a chance. They might actually enjoy it as much as you or I do.
Sure, I had Classic cards to use in Standard but they were useless for the most part. Cairne was sometimes played in the original N’Zoth era, and other staple commons like Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Eviscerate were always played but many cards that were excellent in the Classic set originally were no longer played, because they had been nerfed to the point of being useless, they were powercrept by expansion cards or because they had been sent to the Hall of Fame.
Ragnaros and Sylvanas are unplayable in Wild. Now, they are finally playable again in Classic. For me personally, Classic has given me so much joy. I wish others could feel that same joy that I feel.

I feel you in that matter.
Even though Classic decks are limited. if you want to play competetive, meta there is still better than almost every ine in Standart or Wild in several years.

Mostly because you kniow what your opponent is playing, you can predict plays and counter them, and there is almost no card generation.
In Standart you only have DISCOVER RANDOM RANDOM DISCOVER.

But thing is that you and me are not representative players, since few have most of Classic collection.

The situation demands a huge compensation for long-term players. No less, no more.

5 Likes

We should keep this thread going, not right what blizzard did to its long time players.

4 Likes

I think it’s a good thing that the new core set is free: if it wasn’t, then a compensation for the rotating cards was the minimum they could have done.

The only “unfair” part of this rotation is if someone invested resources to craft a new classic card in the last year: many of us may have been in a situation where they could only afford to craft one legendary between (example):

1. zephrys
  2. malygos

If someone crafted the second one, because it was safer to craft something that wasn’t going to rotate soon like zephrys (or at least, HoF = free), then it was a “waste” of dust.
(even worse if instead of Malygos someone crafted a legendary that now is included in the core set).

It was probably too hard to compensate people who crafted any classic card before the announcement of the core set, or maybe it wasn’t worth their time to do something so specific

2 Likes