Blizz action needed - Trust Levels on these forums need a COMPLETE overhaul

This needs to be stickied. I have been a veteran poster forever and I have one bad post (a top 10 covid Im so sick relating to hearthstone cards I dint mean as derogatory) and it gets reported and I lose posting pics for a year? How is this fair? How can I share my crazy BG builds, and such. This is a travesty that needs fixing. I got banned again last week and I have no idea where I violated the CoC and they wouldnt tell me. How can I improve my posting if I dint even know where I went wrong? Bans and violations should at least include the offensive post. Blizzard is failing here and I put that in my survey they asked for after.

5 Likes

Trying to correct people on some “fact” too aggressively, I guess.

Huh, I had no idea this even existed – sounds legit. I hope this gets an official response. Good luck.

Seriously though, dont call anyone, any name, no matter what if you actually want TL3. “Theres my evidence, wheres yours child” got me banned. Tame compared to some of the comments others get away with, which goes back to my post above.

Dont get me wrong, I am the last person who expected to keep TL3, and I think most regulars agree I probably didnt deserve it in the first place, others who have lost it DO deserve it. But there is simply no consistency when it comes to enforcing CoC

3 Likes

And now another related issue . We all saw the spam @Wardrum threads earlier, right? Now all but one are gone. I have it on good authority that most of the thread creators have been silenced, despite the target having fun with it.

Yes, the “spam” needed to be removed, sure, not gonna deny tht for 1 second. But given the nature of the topics, thats all it should have been! Clean up the spam! Far too many participated in the threads, having fun, to warrant any action other than thread deletion. Yes, even the instigator should have gotten off w/o any account action after it snowballed the way it did, regardless of how “inappropriate” it was.

Hey guys, WyomingMyst here. (I’m the forum MVP that wrote the Forum Syntax Guide.) I definitely understand the frustration about trust levels. I think the important thing that many players miss is the 50 active days out of 100 requirement (and its also the most annoying condition to fulfill). I think the Overwatch forums are more in-line with the requirements (as they are insanely active by many members of the community including myself which has over 25,000 posts and replies in that forum alone).

Understand that this specific feedback is not likely to be seen by the right people which is the Web and Forum Teams (and not so much the Hearthstone development team). As such I strongly recommend taking the time to post in the Blizzard Support Site Feedback Forums:

I hope this information helps! Cheers everyone! (^^)v

9 Likes

This completely missed the point of WyomingMyst’s response.

I think a slight overreaction toward him/her with good intention to divert a concern to a possible correct channel.

@WyomingMyst
However, I believe it is incorrect to have forum user to go through into another channel (even thou still under Blizz) when within HS forum there should be adequate support for related concern.

As an MVP, you may have certain rights or privileges that can help to reflect the situation better than suggested, and any assistance are appreciated on the behalf of the HS forum community.

2 Likes

They came in, gave a useful piece of advice as to how best get the change we want to be heard by the right people, and you went off on the fact that they aren’t active on the forums. Which is 100% irrelevant to both this issue, and the advice they provided.

You do know that MVPs are just regular folks, right? They don’t work for Blizzard, and have about as much power to make a difference as you or I. Biting their heads off because they aren’t active in a forum of a game they probably don’t play is about as pointless as yelling at a passerby giving you directions because they don’t live in your neighborhood.

2 Likes

I am unsure about the MVP status but believe they are just normal poster (like us) but with some privileges. As such, his/her replies would be the same as any of us. (reading beyond those green colors)

As suspected that he/she may not fully understood the situation at hand, but the intentions are still good-willed. As Max has better explained above.

That “holier than thou” attitude is in your head. It certainly didn’t come off as such to me.

As for point #2, we all make mistakes. Sure, WyomingMyst’s assumption there was likely incorrect in the context of these forums. It doesn’t invalidates the rest of their comment.

Totally understood where you are coming from, as there is no ‘proper’ channel to direct a relevant concern.

Many regulars may also have no clue of the (full)actual grievances of the community, much lesser to anyone that is not regular.

The tone seems harsh toward him/her (unconsciously with apologies), where a explanation of the actual situation would help him/her understood the problem better.

But given the history of interaction/communication here, I can understand your dilemma, but not to someone that has not frequent this forum often. (nor part of his/her duty to do so?)

This I respect, Reaver. not even gonna attempt to deny that. I speak here as I would IRL. I am NOT gonna sugar coat my posts, regardless of who you are though. Thats just me:

1 Like

You call a spade a spade because you want to see a spade. That “pull the green card” nonsense you keep complaining about? That can just as easily be read as WyomingMyst explaining who they are and why they have the green text.

Oh wait. That’s exactly what they did:

You read it as someone lording their status over you. I read it as someone explaining who they are because they’re fully aware that they aren’t a regular.

3 Likes

I appreciate alot of posters here, with their own unique flair and character. There is no need to sugar coat or otherwise, but comply to CoC as best we can.

For non-regular forum members, it is very “confusing” for them as they have to background knowledge of what we actually mean beyond our written words. (limitations of written message)

2 hours. 2 hours! 30 day vacation. Compare that to what we saw earlier and maybe you will understand my stance.

I love ya to death bud, i really do, but you really are not paying attention to what is actually happening here if you truly believe what youre saying.

There are clear double standards in moderation being enforced by the mods, and the greenie post above only further shows it.

I respect your intent, and want to see more posters like you. But this is a discussion out of your league at this point in time, Reaver. All your good will means nothing in regards to this topic, and I say that with the most respect I have shown to any forum poster since the original forums.

1 Like

You’ll be waiting a while, because there is no CM for Hearthstone.

Edit: Oh, and before you’re too hard on WyomingMist: there are no MVPs for Hearthstone anymore. WyomingMist is an MVP from the Overwatch forums, and got brought in to post that one guide on the Discourse changeover because Overwatch had been using it for years at that point.

There were plans by Jesse to maintain an active positive presence by forum regulars, but those got abandoned when he got fired and Blizzard has decided that their CM team only pays attention to Reddit and Twitter as far as Hearthstone is concerned.

9 Likes

I actually do not have the full picture. FYI, My reply above are standalone to a specific and not direct to the main thread.

There seems to be clear difference in application of certain standards. However, I do not associate the Mod equal to MVP by default. (which I can be wrong as MVP could be a Mod)

Like any poster, I just input from my perspective and open to others. (again I could be wrong)

In the old forum, there used to be some MVP which may/could share better light to the situation.

Good, because MVPs are not mods.

To the specifics of this general topic, others may like to know that I’ve never achieved TL3 since the forum changeover.

1 Like

Because those MVPs had a direct line to the Hearthstone Forum CM. Now, we have neither Hearthstone MVPs nor a CM dedicated to thus forum community.

We have only a fraction of the resources dedicated to this community in comparison with Blizzards other games, or even the old forums. These days it’s just generic mods that only come to the forums to respond to flagged content, administer whatever bans they choose, then leave again.

5 Likes