Battlegrounds Revamp Coming Tomorrow!

Standard got 135 cards but only about 30 [max] of them are any way decent, this set also completely messed up the game because of the quests and the handful of OP cards that got added. Look at any popular deck atm and count the new set cards, only a few each deck but enough to completely unbalance the game. We’d love 135 useful cards that would make for a much more diverse meta but you’re never getting it, it’s always going to be about 70% filler.

1 Like

Man I’ve been asking for a damage cap for months, glad they finally put one in place.

3 Likes

SI:Sefin

• [Tier 5, Murloc] Avenge (3): Give a friendly Murloc Poisonous permanently.

Txfin was kicked and replaced by a better poison provider:

Removing Toxfin and replacing it with a tier 5 drastically worst version that is completely unreliable will make murlocs obsolete.

Murlocs were pretty balanced ever since the removal of the gentle megasaur but now there will be no reason to ever go for them, especially with the new insane cards every other race is getting.

The playing field has a space of 7.
You need 3 other minions to die and be lucky enough that in the 4 other remaining ones, both SI:Sefin and another murloc that you want to buff survives. Good luck with those odds.

3 Likes

Dragons look absolutely broken with that new divine shield breaker Prestor’s Pyrospawn.

Imagine having Kalygos, Nadina, massive Razorgores, and Amalgadons with poison/divine shield.

Nothing can stop them.

I feel like you didn’t read the patch changes closely. Some of the best minions for demons are below tier 6. And the tier 6 demon SUPER buffs your squad. Imagine getting Jarraxus with even one of those. BIG demons indeed.

As for murlocs you have something that can consistently grant poison to every murloc at least once on your field. That is more than worth it. Murlocs lost like what? Toxfin that’s it? There are more murlocs that buff now. How is that destroying the tribe?

The last couple months my interest in BG has dwindled people I used to play with have all but abandoned the game. This is refreshing and exciting and for the first time in a long time I am excited to play this game again.

Anyone know what time today?

3 Likes

Seems to me that they are attempting to make battlegrounds more of an active game rather than favoring the passive stat buffers like Lightfang and Quillboars. I see much more room for competitive build variety rather than the same 6-8 cards in every endgame build

1 Like

I like the way you think about damage problem. Sadly this won´t solve anything. At every loby there is at 60% one disconected after first run and 15 cap also don´t solve anything.
But good try.
Also there is to soon to judge but it looks like much more midrange garbage focus, but i like there will be changes, it will be frash.

But i deffinitely dislike removing faceless. Right now i can tell it will help filthy midrange MMR hunters. To be able tu pulloff some risky highroll you need him. And first place aim its what is fun for me. Not some +xy number at score to play safe 4th

Excited for the changes, but leaving Scally, Khadgar and Eliza in seems like a huge mistake to me. There’s almost no way to interact with that comp, and even if you find a way, it still comes down to the 50/50 on whether you get to attack first.

2 Likes

Don’t discount murlocs yet. They now have better early stats and the new poison minion can repeatedly create poison for you. By rearranging your board and having a taunt minion, you could easily get the poison onto more units by putting your poison murlocs first so they won’t receive the poison. Also when you get an amalgadon and already have the poison guy, you’ve got a chance to give it poison without having to hunt down the toxfin, like before.

I’m not saying I know the new one is better but just that there’s good reasons to not rush to judgment yet.

Does anyone know at what time the Update is dropping?

5 Likes

For everyone making it balance. Its no a tribe specific card. It make more golden and make the game more fun, faster.

You really want a BG with less golden ?

My complete guess is they’ll start rolling out the HS patch after the WoW servers are back up. Currently scheduled for noon pacific.

Just played a game where I was level 4, playing elementals, refreshed the tavern, and got 5 pirates… 4 of them the Deck Swabbie and 1 Freedealing Gambler. Good revamp. :roll_eyes:

I was so surprised when I saw this news about many changes in Battlegrounds! Now I’m enjoying to play with new creatures and trying on new tactics! I can’t wait that time when I’ll play with new heroes skins! Great job! I wish a good luck for Blizzard team and many new ideas!

What was the damage cap supposed to achieve? We can now die in 3 turns than 2? Wow.

1 Like

Blizzard has no clue how to make a strategy card game, this is just a RNG rush game that no one seems to like.